Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2017 PC HDR HUD Problem

Hello
with HDR F1 is looking so great, but i cant read the HUD  (it is @ 100%), HUD is fine with HDR off

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=45ec75-1503658014.jpg

Hi,

I have the same issue and also have an LG OLED E6.

Aside from the hud issue how does the game look in HDR?

For me it looks dull and lifeless, there is no lens flare when the sun is on screen (Bahrain is a great example) and it seems to have less bells and whistles with HDR turned on.

I wonder if HDR support is broken at present?

Hello we have a bad graphics problem on standard ps4. The graphics are very dark and grainy. Hdr is turned off why because standard ps4 is HDR3.on most tracks 8ts very dark if I turn gamma up it then makes ferrari orange instead of red. On ps4 f1 2016 the graphics were crisp and sharp not like f1 2017..I've turned motion blur down and up .in fact I've tried everything to make dark and grainy graphics better but to no avail. This is a fantastic game but please sort the dark and grainy graphics out please .I've sent pictures to Lee on twitter. My other online racing friends agree also that there a problem with graphics. Apart from the AI drivers are stupidly quick in straight line but too slow going thru any corner.the HDR3 on standard ps4 needs to be turned on please as that has to be the problem. Also I was told by development team when testing beta version that graphics would only be dark and grainy in beta ? 

@AdamFreeman
There is an option to enable the HDR and the HDR mode of my TV is detected so I think the HDR mode is supported.
But I think it's very buggy.

@gravity17
Yeah exactly like you with the last tv firmware and HDR gaming mode with dynamic contrast on high. So I play without HDR for now.

Thanks.

I have standard ps4 and decent tv and I also have a ps4 pro with a 4k tv and they both look dark and grainy graphics. At first I thought it was my eyes. Now I hear there's a huge multiplayer problem. Why is this .F1 2016 was sharp and crisp so why isn't f1 2017.and f1 2016 was fine Last year until  they did first update then it destroyed online racing and took 5 updates to fix problem. So how come we are facing more problems 
We beta tested and development told us dark and grainy graphics are because it beta and won't look like that in.final version of ps4 f1 2017.  I have no button to turn on or off HDR .help

So i found on my LG TV HDR is working fine on Xbox One, with the last TV Firmware installed a day ago, HUD is good as well.

And i found if a HDMI is renamed to PC the Colors in HDR Mode are washed out Ferrari is light orange, but if the HDMI is named HDMI 1/2/3 or Gaming the colors are powerfull 

Hello all, we have looked in to this and found a problem on some setups (I don't know specifics sorry). We've got a PC which is okay and one which sees the HUD issue. A bug has been logged and is being investigated.

@F1Support not sure if it helps or not, but I had the same HUD/HDR issue. I uninstalled my Nvidia drivers using DDU (for an unrelated issue) and reinstalled them, and now the game is working perfectly with HDR, not only is the HUD fixed but things like reflections and lens flare look amazing too - this may have coincided with the game patch to v1.6, but since reinstalling my drivers HDR seems to be much more stable in Windows10 full stop - e.g. not just this game.

Cheers and great game btw!

For me it is working fine with 1.6, without new installing Drivers  :) 
Great news, I did mention that may be the case, but HDR in general seems to be a little less flaky since I have re-installed drivers - glad it is working for you too!