Sign in to follow this  

Which older Game is Best for the F1 Experience?

I'm doing much better now at 2013 on PC with a Fanatec CSR wheel since I moved into a Sauber from my initial Force India, winning my last three races in my first season.  With just 4 races left I still use traction control and drive from the upper intake camera angle, but next season I'll try with no assists and from the driver perspective.  What I've found I really like, besides the racing, is the F1 immersion into the stuff that surrounds the actual racing; the victory celebration, the cut scenes, the emails, sponsor support etc...  So my question is:  which of the older versions give you more of the feeling of being a part of the team, doing interviews, more team interaction, converstions with your agent ... that sort of thing.  I've read that these things were really toned down in 2013. 

Thank You,
Scrench

Scrench said:
I'm doing much better now at 2013 on PC with a Fanatec CSR wheel since I moved into a Sauber from my initial Force India, winning my last three races in my first season.  With just 4 races left I still use traction control and drive from the upper intake camera angle, but next season I'll try with no assists and from the driver perspective.  What I've found I really like, besides the racing, is the F1 immersion into the stuff that surrounds the actual racing; the victory celebration, the cut scenes, the emails, sponsor support etc...  So my question is:  which of the older versions give you more of the feeling of being a part of the team, doing interviews, more team interaction, converstions with your agent ... that sort of thing.  I've read that these things were really toned down in 2013. 

Thank You,
Scrench
2010  has interviews etc etc ...

Yep,

I saw the answer to this question in the General Discussion forum after posting this.  I got 2010 for $6 and some change during the Steam Codemasters sale.  The extra content is fun, but after playing 2013, the graphics are disappointing, and especially the nauseating whiny sound of the cars has made it almost unplayable for me.  Guess I'm spoiled.  Glad it was cheap.  Thanks for the answer.

Surprisingly though, I bought Dirt 3 just for a change and am completely delighted with it, in fact it takes much more skill to control those cars than it does in F1 and is much more of a workout fighting the wheel.  Incredible buy for another $6 and change.  

Scrench said:
Yep,

I saw the answer to this question in the General Discussion forum after posting this.  I got 2010 for $6 and some change during the Steam Codemasters sale.  The extra content is fun, but after playing 2013, the graphics are disappointing, and especially the nauseating whiny sound of the cars has made it almost unplayable for me.  Guess I'm spoiled.  Glad it was cheap.  Thanks for the answer.

Surprisingly though, I bought Dirt 3 just for a change and am completely delighted with it, in fact it takes much more skill to control those cars than it does in F1 and is much more of a workout fighting the wheel.  Incredible buy for another $6 and change.  
Your Welcome , glad to help  sounds like a bargain  for them 2 games well done . I gave up with the dirt series after dirt 2  as in my I eye's that's  the last one that was all rallying  you might want to look out for WRC  there cool rallying games aswell  ...

Thank you for the advice.  I tried Dirt just because I wanted to play something that took me out into nature to have fun with, away from the seriousness of F1, and during my down time between races.  I don't play it competitively at all on purpose.  In fact, I spend as much time exploring the landscape and whatever else is on the sides of the track as I do driving.  I wish it had a wide-open architecture where I could drive anywhere.