Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2017- THE REVIEW | IS IT WORTH BUYING?

softy94

I must say this is by far the best F1 game I ever played! Handling and force feedback feels much better! I can now feel the track bumps, the handling kinda reminds me of Assetto Corsa. Gameplay improvement was all I wanted. Last but not least, AI slider bar suits everyone's needs. This game is a masterpiece!!
ffigueir said:
I must say this is by far the best F1 game I ever played! Handling and force feedback feels much better! I can now feel the track bumps, the handling kinda reminds me of Assetto Corsa. Gameplay improvement was all I wanted. Last but not least, AI slider bar suits everyone's needs. This game is a masterpiece!!
its a great game the only issue atm is the glitches
Screen tearing on consoles better not be fixed. The technical reason for it far outweighs the reason to stop it - input lag. With tvs being the monitor their core customers are using, vsync options would simply destroy the handling of the cars. Vsync is far too hit and miss and in most cases destructive for their core console userbase and that will include me so i hope to god they leave it as is because the handling is effing awesome!
I suppose they could give us the option to use it, im sure though that it would be switched off by anyone that wants a consistently responsive car.
Final Question is has Codemaster since 2010 bring a Game without Glitches und Bugs?Has they fixed all of them after Release and the answer is clear No.They always move very quick to next Year Game. This year yes Game looks good but they Move all Bugs and Glitches since 2010 in to this Game..So yes only Liberty Media can stop this now not this technical Forum or any hope  over Years show us the cant fixed and sort out..i will not continue here so next is show Liberty whats wrong since years they want E Sports with a Bugfestival Game?i dont think so
as it stands with all the bugs and glitches... bad graphics... lack of features most casual and hardcore racers wanted besides the r&d tree, classic cars and lack of classic tracks... not worth it this year. reviews dont mean anything at all... most reviews are done by people with zero f1 gaming hours in experience as we seen in the past IGN ect are garbage. as of now game is worth $14.99 usd tops the current price is a rip off.. Dont buy it.
I'm glad I haven't bought it yet. I don't  pre-order or buy on release to avoid any regret. Always wait a day or three to see what problems arise, it looks like a lot on this version. When CM patch it and if it fixes the game then I'll see what everyone thinks and will get it if most people on here are approving of the fixes. Happy to continue with 2016 in the meantime and will skip 2017 if it doesn't improve greatly.
On PS4 Pro I have had no tearing issues and the game seems pretty fluent. The game seems to push the Pro pretty hard though as the fan is spinning louder than any other game I own. I tried online once and promptly received a DNF as did EVERYONE else and I haven't been online again. The racing seems pretty good with my g29 wheel and I am having some good races. The graphics, unfortunately are nowhere near DRIVECLUB levels and have always been subpar with CM's F1 games so I expected no less. All in all it's a pretty good game as long as it doesn't blow up my PS4... 
Give codies time. There are glitches with every game. Just give them time.

Codies don't have a good history when it comes to patching the bugs, if fact they have a terrible history to the point where we know they will not fix this game to the level it should be, they will patch a couple of things then slide away from it like they have every year, Dirt 4 is the same.

Really gutted with myself for buying this years version, thought I'd learned my lesson after not buying one since 2013....

Archived