Sign in to follow this  

Double points - on and off?

Hi!

I know I'm not alone in not wanting double points removed from F1. Sooner rather than later, but what I'd like to know is will there be an in-game option to disable and enable double points for a season in F1 2014. I know a lot of detail have been overlooked, driver numbers etc, but I get the feeling Codies might actually have thought about this. Anyone know?

Thanks
Tommig

You're joking if you think they thought about that at all. Give the players an option that could only positively impact the experience? Pfft, forget about it.

The fact that they have the audacity to implement a "CAREER mode" but deprive you of the ability to select your CAREER NUMBER or even have your own name on your overalls tells you everything you need to know about potential customisation options for future Codemasters games. 

Career numbers has been blamed on:
1. "licensing issues/FOM"
2. they dont feel it will "add anything to the game"
3. "console hardware limitations"

As far as I'm aware (playing through the latest build right now), there's no option to remove the double points rule. Why? Well, I presume it's down to us having to reflect the 2014 rules and regulations as close as possible.

Yeah it would make no sense for them to get rid of double points in the game. It would be like them adding an option to remove DRS from the game. I massively doubt they would be allowed to and even if they were I wouldn't want them to do it.

Hatta said:
As far as I'm aware (playing through the latest build right now), there's no option to remove the double points rule. Why? Well, I presume it's down to us having to reflect the 2014 rules and regulations as close as possible.
Playing through the latest build?? The game was finished weeks ago as confirmed by the sound department at CM!!

Hatta said:
Playing through the latest build?? The game was finished weeks ago as confirmed by the sound department at CM!!
Where was this said? Doesn't seem to make much sense announcing a game to be released a few months after, knowing it would be finished withing weeks of the announcement. Why would they not release it closer to the game being finished? Why wait 2 months?

APR193 said:
Hatta said:
Where was this said? Doesn't seem to make much sense announcing a game to be released a few months after, knowing it would be finished withing weeks of the announcement. Why would they not release it close to the game being finished? Why wait 2 months?
Because in July/August games sales are normally lower as people are on holiday or busy with outdoor activities to buy games, and of course from October to December many big games are released to sell better in the run up to Christmas. The game was pretty much finished when the game was announced on the 31sy July!

APR193 said:
Hatta said:
Where was this said? Doesn't seem to make much sense announcing a game to be released a few months after, knowing it would be finished withing weeks of the announcement. Why would they not release it close to the game being finished? Why wait 2 months?
Because in July/August games sales are normally lower as people are on holiday or busy with outdoor activities to buy games, and of course from October to December many big games are released to sell better in the run up to Christmas. The game was pretty much finished when the game was announced on the 31sy July!
Hadn't thought about the sales like that, but surely releasing a game that has had very small amounts of advertising around the same time as the biggest games of the year won't help sales either. And if the game was finished more or less in July then why not show more of the game when they announced it.

With FIFA 15 / Call of Duty / Driveclub / Project CARS / Assassin's Creed / Destiny / GTA V on new gen plus loads other coming out from September/November, and then that F1 2014 is on old gen with little improvements, Codies don't have much chance of selling many copies. Releasing it earlier would have improved their chances of selling more, and if the game was done it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't

APR193 said:
APR193 said:
Hatta said:
Hadn't thought about the sales like that, but surely releasing a game that has had very small amounts of advertising around the same time as the biggest games of the year won't help sales either. And if the game was finished more or less in July then why not show more of the game when they announced it.

With FIFA 15 / Call of Duty / Driveclub / Project CARS / Assassin's Creed / Destiny / GTA V on new gen plus loads other coming out from September/November, and then that F1 2014 is on old gen with little improvements, Codies don't have much chance of selling many copies. Releasing it earlier would have improved their chances of selling more, and if the game was done it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't
Totally agree with you, and that's what baffles me, and many people here on the forum.... The lack of promotion and information about the game!!

MUZZARIOL said:
The fact that they have the audacity to implement a "CAREER mode" but deprive you of the ability to select your CAREER NUMBER or even have your own name on your overalls tells you everything you need to know about potential customisation options for future Codemasters games. 

Ugh for god sake if you have time to notice what car number you're in whilst in game then ur either not playing it properly or youre seriously slow -__- 1. the FOM AND TEAMS sign off on final skins for ALL cars meaning once it's signed thats it no more changing it therefore no personal numbers but as i stated in my first comment if you have time to notice what numbers are on the car then theres seriously something wrong. 2. although i highly doubt this has much to do with personalised numbers the current gen hardware is maxed out, this was stated from memory by Steve himself when 2012 was published theres nothing more they can do which is why i dont get why everyone is expecting so much for 2014 when literally the console can't handle anymore. 

R4pp3r said:
MUZZARIOL said:

Ugh for god sake if you have time to notice what car number you're in whilst in game then ur either not playing it properly or youre seriously slow -__- 1. the FOM AND TEAMS sign off on final skins for ALL cars meaning once it's signed thats it no more changing it therefore no personal numbers but as i stated in my first comment if you have time to notice what numbers are on the car then theres seriously something wrong. 2. although i highly doubt this has much to do with personalised numbers the current gen hardware is maxed out, this was stated from memory by Steve himself when 2012 was published theres nothing more they can do which is why i dont get why everyone is expecting so much for 2014 when literally the console can't handle anymore. 
I don't get why people are bothered about the car number personally. There's no importance to it in real life, unlike in other motorsports. If the MotoGP game didn't let me pick my race number and font colour etc I'd hate it, but on F1 I really don't care for it.

APR193 said:
I don't get why people are bothered about the car number personally. There's no importance to it in real life, unlike in other motorsports. If the MotoGP game didn't let me pick my race number and font colour etc I'd hate it, but on F1 I really don't care for it.
My point exactly I mean are you ever going slow enough or not concentrating enough to notice what number is on your car? I couldnt even tell you what number is on my merc in career in 2013 and i only played it an hr ago lol

R4pp3r said:
MUZZARIOL said:

Ugh for god sake if Codemasters had decent TV replay angles you would be able to see it, an element of your character and/or personality would be reflected on screen and youd feel like more than a generic helmet sitting in another guys car. Also most drivers have the number on top of their helmets for those who play t-cam or like to watch replays from t-cam.

If you're such a hero driver focused on the track Codies might as well give your car a generic white livery to free up stress on the old consoles, whats the difference you'd never notice anyway seeing as you're the quintessential F1 ace (in your head anyway)

1. Steve Hood personally said it wouldnt be included because he didnt feel it "added anything to the game", what I think he meant to say was that he didnt feel like adding anything to the game.

2. If the consoles were so seriously maxxed out in 2012 how the heck did they get all the classic content on there? Thats been removed now and you honestly beleive a race number is going to tip things over the edge? If thats the case all the car numbers and helmets will stay the same from last year as the consoles simply cant handle such a drastically major graphical update.

Hatta said:
Thanks for the answer. The question is on behalf of a couple of friends asking, so I thought I'd drop on here to ask given I'm active in off-topic. It's simply a case that if the rest of the fan-base seems to hate double points, maybe CM would cater to it.

Hatta said:
So does that mean flags will work?

R4pp3r said:
MUZZARIOL said:

Don't be silly. There was more content in 2010 than there was in 2012.

R4pp3r said:
MUZZARIOL said:

Don't be silly. There was more content in 2010 than there was in 2012.
There really wasn't though, in fact there was probably more in 2012

I don't believe you blue. 2010 had pit limiter, brake to box, full race weekend, P1 - P2 - P3, live the life.
What did 20212 have. I don't know because I never had it. What was it? Young drivers test, safety car. What else? Sorry for off topic btw.

I don't believe you blue. 2010 had pit limiter, brake to box, full race weekend, P1 - P2 - P3, live the life.
What did 20212 have. I don't know because I never had it. What was it? Young drivers test, safety car. What else? Sorry for off topic btw.
It had the YDT, season challenge, safety car, champions mode, one shot qualifying, co-op. Got rid of some like live the life, full season as a licensed driver etc but on balance and thinking about the space some features take up I'd say the games grew in number of features. I agree with you in the sense I'd rather have pit limiter, P1 - P2 - P3 etc over rubbish like YDT/season challenge, but there is a big difference between less features and worse features.