Jump to content Jump to content

This is what F1 2014 should be like

That's a bit much for me. Impossible, as well, because they haven't got a system which works like the human brain to string together words in a realistic manner that provide a sentence relative to the topic at hand.
What is a bit much for you?

I like immersion but having a cutscene like that seems immersive but boring. Maybe if they just cut straight to us and let us know if any other drivers had any words of us, then I could deal with it. Personal preference. 

That's a bit much for me. Impossible, as well, because they haven't got a system which works like the human brain to string together words in a realistic manner that provide a sentence relative to the topic at hand.
What is a bit much for you?

I like immersion but having a cutscene like that seems immersive but boring. Maybe if they just cut straight to us and let us know if any other drivers had any words of us, then I could deal with it. Personal preference. 

What cut scene are you going on about its a lap of a merc on assetto corsa? I think you may have watched teds notebook which I linked by accident because I was watching it at the time, sorry.
it looks more immersive, but the handling looks odd and it looks as though there is no weight behind the wheel or any feel is going through it, looks abit arcadey

You think Assetto Corsa is arcadey when the official F1 games are just that? Trust me this car is hard as shit to drive, not even flat through Ascari at any point, the force feedback is brilliant too compared to the codemasters series.
OGFedfan said:
It'd be nice if f1 2014 was like that, but you cant really compare console games to pc games.  Pc is much more powerful
F1 is a PC game and i wish we would ditch the consoles already.
well tbh it's both actually
Yeah I know its both just added to him thinking it was console but lets be honest its just a cheap port to PC.
It shouldn't be. I'm in favour of sim racing games but an official F1 game can not and should not be a sim.
It has so appeal to all crowds, not just a small group. The official game represents the F1 brand. If they made the game a sim, they are basically saying that they only care about the hardcore fans rather than all fans.

For the same reason, the official game should also be available to every player of all consoles. Again, not just a portion of the fanbase.

It shouldn't be. I'm in favour of sim racing games but an official F1 game can not and should not be a sim.
It has so appeal to all crowds, not just a small group. The official game represents the F1 brand. If they made the game a sim, they are basically saying that they only care about the hardcore fans rather than all fans.

For the same reason, the official game should also be available to every player of all consoles. Again, not just a portion of the fanbase.

Or it should represent how F1 really is? Well I can accept them developing for consoles but develop for PC then scale it down the bad console hardware.
They're paying big money for the license, they have to make a profit on it or at the minimum break even. They're not going to do that by catering to a small crowd. Any developer with the license would have to do exactly the same thing.
Not only that but FOM will want it to appeal to everyone.

The second part of that post...Why should PC players get preference? The game has to be the same on all platforms.
They're paying big money for the license, they have to make a profit on it or at the minimum break even. They're not going to do that by catering to a small crowd. Any developer with the license would have to do exactly the same thing.

The second part of that post...Why should PC players get preference? The game has to be the same on all platforms.
Because consoles are holding games so far back its stupid now and I get that but if it's a sim there I'm sure there is plenty of people to buy it rather than the re hashed rubbish that will be coming out.
Sure people will buy it and will be incredibly happy with it. But they would lose a lot of their fanbase who don't want a sim game and they take up a much larger proportion of said fanbase. It's unfortunate but it wouldn't make any sense for them to do so.

What I dont understand is why buy an F1 game and expect it be similar to Mario Cart

Developers can make a sim that appeals to all crowds by including driving aids, multiple difficulty settings, option to turn damage, fuel/tire wear & penalties on or off in all game modes, and make all qualifying lengths & race distances available in all game modes.
In that way hardcore players get a real sim, and casual players can use the options available to make it more accessible.

Thats where driver assists and AI difficulty come into play. If you turn all assists off and activate realistic AI in 2013 how many kids/casuals/mass market players would be able to keep up?

For some reason Steve Hood and yourself honestly seem to beleive people will run to the hills if the game possesses any sense of realism or authenticity whatsoever.

no reason why Codemasters couldnt implement an "arcade mode" and "simulation mode" either. They wont bother though because they know that hardcore fans are likely to purchase anyway as their license is EXCLUSIVE, which just leaves the naieve casual crowd to suck in and brainwash (who dont know enough about F1 to know better, and are less likely to complain about lack of authenticity or copy and paste games either)