Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is f1 2017 not loading on PS4

I have the disc inserted but the game is showing a pause icon rather than downloading onto my PS4. 

As such I can't play the game!

This shouldn't happen on release day 

Is anyone else having this issue?
Cam anyone advise please?

I have installed 2017 successfully without any problems. Also love the way it detected my profile from the 2016 game that had been installed so that I could bring it over into 2017, and thus not having to set my profile up from scratch.....and of course you can edit it if you wanted to.

adamf1983 said:
Yes plenty. I'm wondering if my disc is faulty. It gets to 3.6gb then the download slows right down
Is it downloading the patch at the same time?

Hi, I'm also having problems with F1 2017 on ps4. Got back home from work this evening and inserted the game in the ps4, it started the "copy application" process and also the 1.0.3 update and after everything seemed to install, on launching the game all I get is "cannot recognise the disc" error. 

Is anyone else having similar issues with their ps4 disc copy? 

Many thanks,
Matt Stephens

If it has downloaded you can give this a try.

Head to your notifications and if the update is sitting there click it and see if it clears and disappears. Then head down to the F1 2017 icon click options and delete. Eject the disc then reinsert and see. 

Nope, unfortunately my disc of F1 2017 appears to be unreadable. Even after deleting the install file, reinstalling and trying to run with and without the 1.0.3 update I still get the error "Cannot recognise the disc. Make sure that the disc is not damaged or dirty, and that it is not inserted upside-down". 

Tried a few other games from discs to make sure it wasn't an issue with the ps4 but they all work fine. 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks again

Tried restarting the ps4 in safe mode, reinstalled the latest system update just in case that was causing the issue but still the disc remains unreadable

Could possibly try my sisters ps4 later this weekend. It's strange, where upon inserting the disc it seems to recognise and automatically start downloading the "copying application" process as well as the update, but it just won't open the game once everything is installed. Does appear to be the disc as it struggles when I put it in and has the flashing 'disc' symbol momentarily.

Huge shame, was so looking forward to playing the new game this evening and was massively hyped to check it out. 

Sure it's a stupid question but you are sure the disc is clean of any fingerprints etc?

And confirmed you tried just simply powering down fully and then turning back on?

Also mind sharing how much free space your PS4 is showing?

I've cleaned the disc multiple times just in case there were any fingerprints or dirt using a microfibre cloth and still no joy. Also restarted the ps4 in safe mode and rebuilt the database, still no joy. 
Not sure what else I can try as the ps4 itself is just a few months old and have never had this problem on any other game I've played. 

Sure, storage capacity is 281.5 gb of 409.6 gb used, according to the system storage information. 

Gusss I must have just been one of the very unlucky ones to have got a faulty disc. 
When you put the disc in it sounds like it struggles to read before it sounds like the disc stops spinning completely. 

I keep trying other discs and games to see if the problem comes up again but all other games I've tried all play fine straight away without any issues at all, including f1 2016, dirt rally, uncharted collection, FIFA 2017...

this disc unfortunately appears to be the only one of the bunch that just won't let me open and run the game 

Brutal can you swap it from where you purchased. Or return it and download of off PSN in the meantime.

Purachased it online from Base. Have already put in to return the game as faulty for a refund and will try and pick up a copy from a retailer tomorrow (Saturday) so I haven't got to wait forever before I can finally get a copy and play the game. 

Is really disheartening after pre ordering and waiting for the game to arrive only to find that my copy is faulty, especially after reading so many positive reviews that had me anticipating the game so much.  Guess I'll have to make do with f1 2016 and 2013 on the loyal old ps3 until I can get 2017 hopefully later this weekend.

Just trying to throw out every idea in the meantime. Have you tried having the PS4 on its side. I feel like that worked with the PS3 lol. 

Also if they will take it as a refund how come you don't try to just download off of PSN and save the whole disc issue?

Haha well if anything it's got me playing a bit of dirt rally in the meantime. Guess I could get it off the PlayStation store but £55 seems a little on the high side when Tesco has it for £44.99 and even Sainsbury's has it for just £41.99. Plus I do love having a real psychical copy with all the wonderful artwork etc. 

thanks for all the help and suggestions though, guess I was just one of the unlucky ones. I'll have a few hours spare tomorrow, or today now, that I could try and hunt down a copy from one of the retailers whilst returning my faulty copy of the game to Base.

Just picked up another copy of the game from Sainsbury's, it's installing the update now but already seems a lot more promising than the other copy, can hear this one actually spinning in the disc drive