Sign in to follow this  

@HATTA RE Q&A's and STEVE HOOD

Hi Hatta,

As you are probably aware by this forum, there is a lot of frustration regarding F1 2014 and the lack of communication between it's members and you guys at CM. From now on going forward can we have more interaction between ourselves and you guys there, including if a question is asked, an answer is given (there are many many questions in the forum which still have not been given an answer!). 

Also, at some time in the near future would it be possible for Steve Hood to come on the forum and have like a Q&A session with us about this years game and things we would like to see 'in F1 2015'??

Thank you and regards.

You know you can just PM me right? :)

But yes, certainly. I can't speak for Steve, but I can definitely ask about a future Q&A with you guys.

Cheers, and thanks for asking in a civilised manner. ;)

mmpaw37 said:
Hatta said:
You know you can just PM me right? :)

But yes, certainly. I can't speak for Steve, but I can definitely ask about a future Q&A with you guys.

Cheers, and thanks for asking in a civilised manner. ;)

There are many of us on this forum Luke that have asked questions in a civilised manner, both on Twitter and here on the forum, how many different ways do we have to keep asking the same question/s, just in order to try and get some response?

So, I would like to ask my question again if its ok...

Q: Can you please explain in detail as to why the steering wheels are not accurate to the 2014 season?

Thankyou.

I never said HammyMansell was the only use to address questions in a civilised manner.

As for the wheel question. I answered this in another topic earlier today.

"As far as I'm aware we were faced with a resource issue for the wheels, and sadly the only option was to create a generic wheel for teams using the new display. Well there was another option, we could have just kept the wheels the same, but we did not want to do that. 

This wasn't what I or any of the other team wanted, but sadly, due to the resource issue, it was the only real option we had facing us."

@Hatta In F1 2014, can we be disqualified for using too much fuel during a race, like Ricciardo was in Australia?
You can't be disqualified for excessive fuel usage no. Although you definitely still have to keep an eye on how much you're using throughout the race. I've been caught out a few times...

Completely makes sense about the wheels, if they at least have some more useful info on there that'll be great. Can you tell us why the Williams display is on the wheel and not the cockpit like the actual car though? It's the old style, and the Red Bull at least has always had it there in previous games, so I don't see why that would be a resource issue.

Was the resource shortage a reference to system resources or more likely CM employees able to work on 2014? My thinking is the team is holding off next gen (2015) so a longer development could be acheived. This may leave the 2014 project with a bare minimal team not able to implement everything the community wants. Personally I think this makes sense and to be honest very acceptable.

Can they please sort the physics out, or maybe have a pro/semi pro option you can select.

the main thing i dislike is the online mode, all of it is hard work, especially trying to run a league it's a nightmare as the host has no control over anything,  trying to restart a race is such a hassle i don't understand why it has to be like this, i remember playing f1 challenge 99  and that was so much better/easier.

please sort the online mode out
+1 on the physics and online. Semi pro/pro physics works well on motogp Codies should definately look into it.

With the online, motogp has a championship option where you select x amount of races (I think 3 is the minimum), and every player has like 6 seconds to vote on track and weather conditions at the start... anyone can join mid championship too which is good to boost up numbers. Codies should look into something like that to give the online races a bit more purpose, it stops people constantly jumping in and out of lobbies because your fighting for championship position

Online will always suck as long as they insist on not featuring dedicated servers. It's that simple.

I have a question for Hatta:  Is there a re-introduction of manual control in the pitlane?  In F1 2010 you had to manually hit the pit-limiter or face a penalty and you had to brake at the right time to avoid missing your pit-box and thus wasting more time as your pit crew had to push your car back into position.  The fact that you had some manual control of these events meant more gameplay.   These games need as much gameplay as possible.  With the demise of the KERS system, we could be getting even less this year.  Here is an opportunity to get some back.

Can I ask if the development team is limited at codies and more time has gone into 2015 game instead of F1 2014 would'nt that mean there's less time for development for F1 2016?

Chromatic said:
Can I ask if the development team is limited at codies and more time has gone into 2015 game instead of F1 2014 would'nt that mean there's less time for development for F1 2016?
well 2014 is juwst a minor upgrade of 2013 really just 2013 with 2014 tracks and cars effectively. 2015 will be a next gen game  and will be released earlier in the year there is no need to worry abot 2016 until 2015 is out. I would imagine ther ewil be about a 1 year gap between 15 and 16 just as there has been between the previous games. CM are only a small company and don't have the resources of some of the big heavyweights like EA but I think despite that they do good work most of the time.

I have a question for Hatta:  Is there a re-introduction of manual control in the pitlane?  In F1 2010 you had to manually hit the pit-limiter or face a penalty and you had to brake at the right time to avoid missing your pit-box and thus wasting more time as your pit crew had to push your car back into position.  The fact that you had some manual control of these events meant more gameplay.   These games need as much gameplay as possible.  With the demise of the KERS system, we could be getting even less this year.  Here is an opportunity to get some back.
The manual pit lane control does not feature in F1 2014. Thanks for the suggestion though, this feedback is already with the team.

Yeah, I think the manual pit control is something that should be in future F1 games, and I hope the team include it based on that feedback! I loved that in 2010.

Hatta said:
The manual pit lane control does not feature in F1 2014. Thanks for the suggestion though, this feedback is already with the team.
LOL, that feedback has been with the team since 2011.