Sign in to follow this  

(Steam) DiRT 3 and DiRT Showdown won't work

hi everyone
i bought both games via steam last weekend (they were on sale), installed them but sadly neither will get past the loading screen. showdown just crashes shortly after arriving in the loading screen. dirt 3 freezes in loading screen with nothing ever happening in minutes.
i dont think the problem is on steam side as i own a lot of games from various developers and none had any trouble working properly. also i ran the steam checks on proper installation of the games, no problems pops up.
so i guess theres some issue with the code in the portations for steam or something.
in the steam forums theres a bunch of people having the same issues with no one being able to help.
id love you to get that fixed so i can get to playing your games soon.

I believe you have to uninstall the Games For Windows Live that comes with the games, then download the latest GFWL installer from Microsoft and install that. I think.

I believe you have to uninstall the Games For Windows Live that comes with the games, then download the latest GFWL installer from Microsoft and install that. I think.
This only goes for DiRT 3, DiRT Showdown isn't GFWL 'powered'.
I've had this with both of them as well, DiRT 3 got fixed by doing what VirtualIceMan said, and verifying the local game cache in Steam. (right click game -> properties -> local files -> Verify integrity of game cache)
The verifying bit fixed Showdown for me as well, so you could try this, but I can't guarantee it will work for you as well.