Sign in to follow this  

F1 2015 HAS REPLAYS FROM DIFFERENT DRIVERS VIEWS!!!

Finally we have something that Geoff Crammond put in his games (source Steve Hood twitter) https://twitter.com/kaywest663/status/508670649997729792

YES thankyou Codemasters! I loved that in Geoff Crammonds games it was brilliant. Hopefully the replays are much more like the TV feed as well like Crammonds games

Hardly revolutionary is an understatement. Frosties Gr-r-rand Prix racing had it (what a game by the way) back in c.2000. It also had classics, 107% rule, proper damage all around the car and all the practice sessions.
IN A GAME THAT CAME FREE IN A BOX OF FROSTIES 12+ YEARS AGO.

EDIT: Still a nice addition though

It's nice but not revolutionary. iRacing already has it going on right now.
No sh!t sherlock. Grand Prix 2 from 1995 had it ffs and that was a DOS game. Also had telemetry, realistic replays, full array of reliablility issues, fastest lap charts, full race weekends, season results tables.. the list goes on.... 

MUZZARIOL said:
It's nice but not revolutionary. iRacing already has it going on right now.
No sh!t sherlock. Grand Prix 2 from 1995 had it ffs and that was a DOS game. Also had telemetry, realistic replays, full array of reliablility issues, fastest lap charts, full race weekends, season results tables.. the list goes on.... 
I'm sorry a**hole but I beat you to it. iRacing has all that plus far more and it doesn't even require a gaming pc. Even regular desktops & laptops will suffice to a degree. I believe they even have a 3-mo free trial going on.

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/iracing-free-trial-for-3-months-valid-thru-sept-18-1617504171

This new engine should be cool. Hope the physics are up to the challenge

Good news, but for online races, until we have dedicated servers, everyone will probably still get a different replay of the same action due to sync issues.  That's why iRacing's (which were mentioned) will be/are so much better.

doyley101 said:
Hardly revolutionary is an understatement. Frosties Gr-r-rand Prix racing had it (what a game by the way) back in c.2000. It also had classics, 107% rule, proper damage all around the car and all the practice sessions.

Heh, that Frosties game is a reworked version of Monaco Grand Prix Racing Simulation 2, by Ubisoft, a sequel to the officially licensed F1 Racing Simulation. I know too much heh...

doyley101 said:

Heh, that Frosties game is a reworked version of Monaco Grand Prix Racing Simulation 2, by Ubisoft, a sequel to the officially licensed F1 Racing Simulation. I know too much heh...
I think I must have put 50+ hours in to that game without ever finishing the first race in career. I'm pretty sure I still have Racing Simulation 3 around somewhere aswell...

Do you know If we can use the feature online? Brings me to my next question, can you finally save replays? :) Not enough to make me want it yet but still a cool feature! Never know cm might have a few new features that soon change my mind (I hope so)

Yeah is it confirmed to be online, or just 'there is a replay feature'? Because no one wants an offline replay feature ofc.

Yes this has beeen in many games already but it still has me excited. I'm surprised that he didn't brush off the question until a few months time though.

We can't wait to start properly talking about new-gen. As mentioned in the past, you'll know a lot more after F1 2014 launches in October. :)

hola said:
Roll on October then
Just because 2014 launches then dosen't mean the info on 2015 will immediately follow so we will still need to be patient for that.

hola said:
Roll on October then
Just because 2014 launches then dosen't mean the info on 2015 will immediately follow so we will still need to be patient for that.
Probably about a month gap from F1 2014 launching to F1 2015 being talked about. And that's if Codies don't fit DiRT 4 inbetween them, in which case you won't hear anything of F1 2015 until around March/April time.

I just wish you guys can start talking about it now haha! F1 2010 had a massive build up of something like a year, so much publicity with dev diaries, trailers, so many videos of all the cars and tracks in action. We haven't had that same level of hype for the recent games I feel, at least that's what I feel, so I would say the sooner the better in terms of talking about next-gen F1!