Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2017 - Graphics Glitches

Just going to list a few of the issues I have had when playing the game on PS4 in case they've been missed.

1. Drivers helmets, faces, and overalls pixelated seemingly randomly.

2. When cloudy, the some of the track appears black as if there are shadows. At Baku for example this happened and several kerbs were missing making it impossible to find the apex.

3. The sky flickers from time to time, this happened particularly at Baku and Hungary

4. Screen tearing throughout gameplay

Would be nice to get these fixed but by the sounds of it this has been occurring for years.

I've found all of these bugs in a day of gameplay, how did this game get through QA testing?

The sky brightness and gamma issues were in the beta and they are well aware of them.
Tearing will be due to V-Sync OFF and your refresh rate being way off from your monitor's designed refresh rate.

On PS4 on a couple of the classic cars (FW14b and RB6) the wet weather tyres are not showing there tread pattern on the players car. 

Interesting qualifying session on the 2017 Championship (xbox one). Half way round the track in China I had a random tyre floating in the air.

Guys, I've just installed F1 2017 on my PS4 PRO, had quite bad screen tearing and the graphics didn't look as good as what I had hoped for. Had a play with the console settings and turned off BOOST MODE, checked auto for the screen resolution and tried the game again - what a difference ! Game for some reason now looks much better graphically and I only noticed one small screen tear on the second right hand band after the start/finish racing the Australian Grand Prix, the rest of the game it was as smooth as silk. So if you are experiencing bad screen tear with your PS4 PRO try unchecking the BOOST MODE box in your console settings and see if it helps. By the way my TV is not a 4K TV, it's a Samsung 48 in 3D full HD job. Gonna buy a 4K TV soon, should look even better then, anyway, hope this helps. Happy racing !!

1,2,3 and 4, i can confirm these are happening, please Codemasters fix these bugs, they destroy immersion and point number 2 makes it hard to actually drive sometimes. It shouldnt be realistic that you release 2 games with the exact same bugs, what have you been doing during the whole year, added a few older F1 cars and put the F1 2017 stamp on it. Please players expect every new release to be a more finely tuned experience with possible bugs ironed out.

Guys, I've just installed F1 2017 on my PS4 PRO, had quite bad screen tearing and the graphics didn't look as good as what I had hoped for. Had a play with the console settings and turned off BOOST MODE, checked auto for the screen resolution and tried the game again - what a difference ! Game for some reason now looks much better graphically and I only noticed one small screen tear on the second right hand band after the start/finish racing the Australian Grand Prix, the rest of the game it was as smooth as silk. So if you are experiencing bad screen tear with your PS4 PRO try unchecking the BOOST MODE box in your console settings and see if it helps. By the way my TV is not a 4K TV, it's a Samsung 48 in 3D full HD job. Gonna buy a 4K TV soon, should look even better then, anyway, hope this helps. Happy racing !!

I had the same experience. I've posted two tuning tips that may help you enjoy PS4 Pro /w Boost here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/56214/ps4-ps4-pro-graphics-tuning-tips#latest

CavSTiago said:
When do I pause the game in wet track, the water is failing ... a bug.
Well.. barging in here, trolling on a serious bug report does not make you more mature, that is for sure.

CavSTiago said:
When do I pause the game in wet track, the water is failing ... a bug.
You cant pause rain  in real life :) :)   pretty accurate by codies on that one

Just going to list a few of the issues I have had when playing the game on PS4 in case they've been missed.

1. Drivers helmets, faces, and overalls pixelated seemingly randomly.

2. When cloudy, the some of the track appears black as if there are shadows. At Baku for example this happened and several kerbs were missing making it impossible to find the apex.

3. The sky flickers from time to time, this happened particularly at Baku and Hungary

4. Screen tearing throughout gameplay

Would be nice to get these fixed but by the sounds of it this has been occurring for years.

I've found all of these bugs in a day of gameplay, how did this game get through QA testing?
Been having all 4 of these issues. The screen tearing has been really bad on my Xbox and the shadows are really annoying too. Hopefully Codemasters will fix these

Same issue for me with the shadows on Xbox, after patch 1.6, I don't know if it was an issue beforehand but I've only just come across it. FP1 in Baku was raining and the shadows across the track were pitch black making it impossible to distinguish where the curbs/apexes/braking points etc were. It was especially between turns 7-9 and 15-17, but was present at all areas of the track that usually have shadows from the buildings/trees etc.

In case it's relevant I was playing career mode, 50% race distance, full qualifying, 45/45/30 practice.

Didn't think Bahrain was this dark in the Night..........
This graphic glitch happens in PC if you alt+tab away from the game and come back in. @F1Support