Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

no audio in f1 2017

hi i just downloaded the game and installed the game via steam

There is no sound. game runs fun but there is no sound. all other games works fine.

please help !!!!! 

Check your sound drivers are up to date and make sure it is set as the default device on your PC.

Graphics cards have audio drivers for HDMI so there can be multiple sound sources on your PC.

yes have updated drivers for both my sound card and gtx 1080.

all other games and devices works fine. its only this game... does any else having same issue? 

Set sound to in Windows to 48000hz, no lower, no higher.  16 or 24 bit is fine, but make sure its 48000hz.

Is the game muted in the volume mixer (Windows) by chance?  Alt-tab out of the game and check it with F1 2017 running.

If only F1 2017 is affected, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.  Not sure what else to do, you have to help yourself by researching/troubleshooting.

I have problems with Audio but my problem is when I use a Headset, the problem is that I can't hear the commentators voice (the other sounds are fine)

I think is something in the game because if I use the computer speakers the commentators voice are fine

I have a similar problem. I have sound at game start, music, interface sounds, even pundit chat when starting a race - but as soon as I'm in the car, I've got zip. Nada. Nothing.

No fix = refund I'm afraid.I've had all the games since 2010 and that's the first time I've came across something like this.

I was at 90 minutes in game and Steam gives a maximum of 2 hours of play, so I've just requested a refund.
I'll keep an eye open - see if you fix this.

When I start the game at times it give sound device incompatible, and at time it says sounds disabled.. it's making me really sick

i think its steam download... really sick... what about dvd? if i buy PC DVD. will it work fine?

Might be your GPU drivers mate, lots of problems with Pascal.

Post your dxdiag and we can point you in the driver direction.

Dont know what to say. Codemasters are making money on a " ill grap your A.. kind a way "  Bought this game cause i love F1. Byt bying a game thats crash a lot on load screen and no sound when im in car. what the Fu..  And yes i have tryed all thats possible by reading forum post and reins game, sound driver, grafic driver, even tryed to reinstall my mom in law but stille no luck.  What are you codemaster dudes thinking about releasing a game that dosent work ?

soometimes the same happen to me, the sound in the menu is there and when i sit in the car at the box it dissapear with a "click" sound.

I can fix this, when i go out of the box and push escape and then i have to tab out and in and it works.

soometimes the same happen to me, the sound in the menu is there and when i sit in the car at the box it dissapear with a "click" sound.

I can fix this, when i go out of the box and push escape and then i have to tab out and in and it works.
Glad you found a way to fix it but it shouldn't break. Tab out and in has been a sometime workaround for some.