Jump to content Jump to content

Invitational event problem.

Beans_

Ok, so after my first race I got offered to drive a classic car. There was 2 options to choose from. The problem is I pressed circle ( I'm on ps4 ) to clear the box and check something in my laptop, but I could not get back into the screen to do the classic race. 

A bit #### if you ask me that the screen that pops up first is the only moment you get to accept the invitation. 
  • 3 weeks later...
I dont see any other thread about the timing of invitation races, but as well as whats said above, being offered the Invitation race after completing a 70 lap race at Canada is poor timing. No thank you, I was tired, it was late and I had to miss the opportunity which meant I missed out on the chance to add to that part of R&D for carreer.

This needs to be worked on somehow, timing of invitatoin race and the ability to hop out of that offer to do... whatever, but being able to come back and take up offer, before next race of course.
IanX said:
I dont see any other thread about the timing of invitation races, but as well as whats said above, being offered the Invitation race after completing a 70 lap race at Canada is poor timing. No thank you, I was tired, it was late and I had to miss the opportunity which meant I missed out on the chance to add to that part of R&D for carreer.

This needs to be worked on somehow, timing of invitatoin race and the ability to hop out of that offer to do... whatever, but being able to come back and take up offer, before next race of course.
Do 3-5 laps of what is usually a shorter circuit really bother you that much? I do agree that the timing is a little too forced, but seeing as it happens once every 3 races you should be able to anticipate it at least, and compared to a 100% race, it's nothing.

The bigger problem is not being able to use the resource points you've gained after a race because accepting an invitation and doing the event immediately fast forwards you to FP1 the next weekend. They should hopefully be able to fix both of these things at the same time with just one very minor change at least.
Coffer said:
Do 3-5 laps of what is usually a shorter circuit really bother you that much? I do agree that the timing is a little too forced, but seeing as it happens once every 3 races you should be able to anticipate it at least, and compared to a 100% race, it's nothing.
realy bother me?  the first 2 times, no. The third time it was 1am, I was tired, so yes it did. Did I stop to think the offer would be at the end of the race, nope, so anticipating might have been good, but I didn't.  It is an issue of timing, it should not be the moment you complete a race. 
Coffer said:

The bigger problem is not being able to use the resource points you've gained after a race because accepting an invitation and doing the event immediately fast forwards you to FP1 the next weekend. They should hopefully be able to fix both of these things at the same time with just one very minor change at least.
Another good reason to separate the invitation races from just being plonked in after a race.
IanX said:
Coffer said:
realy bother me?  the first 2 times, no. The third time it was 1am, I was tired, so yes it did. Did I stop to think the offer would be at the end of the race, nope, so anticipating might have been good, but I didn't.  It is an issue of timing, it should not be the moment you complete a race. 
Coffer said:

Another good reason to separate the invitation races from just being plonked in after a race.
Fair point, yeah, since it's an easy fix (provided they're not lazy about it again). It's just that, with the events being extremely short compared to your 100% races, powering through it shouldn't have been such a big problem.
For sure it isnt a game breaking problem at all, but something to improve. I would rather see CM spend time on other areas.

These issues above makes it seem the Invitations were not fully developed as CM wanted before release.
IanX said:
For sure it isnt a game breaking problem at all, but something to improve. I would rather see CM spend time on other areas.

These issues above makes it seem the Invitations were not fully developed as CM wanted before release.
I don't think it's a matter of spending time. This really shouldn't take longer than 5-10 minutes provided they're given the opportunity to implement a fix.
Coffer said:
Yes! This is such a pain. I want to do the invitational events because it helps that core competency (I think reduces upgrade time) but sometimes I'm faced with the choice of doing that or spending RP to get an upgrade on the car.

I'd also like to have the option of coming back to do the invitational events some other time if I don't want to do it straight after a race.

@F1Support

Archived