Jump to content Jump to content

Can we have a gear indicator when we turn off the HUD?

It's a simple request,i like to play only on cockpit view so i would race with no HUD but it's annoying if we don't know on which gear we are! What's the point having this option to turn the HUD off if we don't have a digital number for gear shift??! LOORE Would be hard to add a simple red number via patch??! 
Look, we got it back in 1998  :p :#  and even with a rear mirror...

Loore said:
Nothing planned and is unlikely right now.

Rear view mirror will be making its way onto PC in the future.
I'm on xbox, we won't get rear mirrors ok we already know this but at least a Gear indicator i think it's very important!
Would be awesome if we can get some minor adjustments via patch!
Phil88TC said:
It's a simple request,i like to play only on cockpit view so i would race with no HUD but it's annoying if we don't know on which gear we are! What's the point having this option to turn the HUD off if we don't have a digital number for gear shift??!

I can see why it might annoy some people, but to be honest, it’s not very useful after a while anyway. Sooner or later you’ll either learn to remember what gear you’re in all the time ( I can’t be the only one who mentally counts up/down every time they shift… or am I?), or you’ll know anyway just by where you are on any given circuit and what noise the engine is making at the time...
Phil88TC said:
It's a simple request,i like to play only on cockpit view so i would race with no HUD but it's annoying if we don't know on which gear we are! What's the point having this option to turn the HUD off if we don't have a digital number for gear shift??! LOORE Would be hard to add a simple red number via patch??! 

hahha that cockpit looks way more detailed than GAS cockpit :dizzy_face: 

and even dashboard works !!
Phil88TC said:

hahha that cockpit looks way more detailed than GAS cockpit :dizzy_face: 

and even dashboard works !!

ahahahahah  :# yeah it's weird how things can go worst making backwards steps  :(