Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2017 PS4 Graphics Tuning, Patch 1.06 / OS 4.74

gimmick73

I've updated my PS4 Pro OS to 4.74 which includes some performance enhancements! https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/

I've also updated F1 2017 to 1.06 which appears to have subtle tweaks to scenic details.

Set your motion blur to 0.0. If you've tweaked or altered your preferred camera view, please reset it to default (square button).

I've run around Melbourne, Singapore, Monaco and didn't notice any tearing on my PS4 Pro system, a big improvement!!! Belgium was much better, with significant tearing around turn 8 and almost no tearing for the remainder of the track. Monza is similar to Belgium, with significant tearing around turn 2 and less/none noticeable around other corners.

If you do tweak your camera view settings, please test one slider at a time to see if it makes things better or worse. Do not change the clipping plane, leave it at 0.0.

I was under the impression that boost mode was ignored on Enhanced titles, and F1 2017 is supposedly enhanced for the PS4 Pro. If you see a difference with it on/off then that implies that it actually doesn't have any Pro enhancements.

BTW, DiRT 4 looks worse on the Pro than on the vanilla PS4.
  • 3 weeks later...
I've updated my PS4 Pro OS to 4.74 which includes some performance enhancements! https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/

I've also updated F1 2017 to 1.06 which appears to have subtle tweaks to scenic details.

Set your motion blur to 0.0. If you've tweaked or altered your preferred camera view, please reset it to default (square button).

I've run around Melbourne, Singapore, Monaco and didn't notice any tearing on my PS4 Pro system, a big improvement!!! Belgium was much better, with significant tearing around turn 8 and almost no tearing for the remainder of the track. Monza is similar to Belgium, with significant tearing around turn 2 and less/none noticeable around other corners.

If you do tweak your camera view settings, please test one slider at a time to see if it makes things better or worse. Do not change the clipping plane, leave it at 0.0.

Archived