Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How can a gaming company screw up this badly in 2 weeks

I was a beta tester for this years game and the beta was great.
But the amount of bugs and glitches that find itself into the game(even tho they said it was the EXACT SAME THING as the beta except only with multi and grand prix modes) is just unacceptable. DSQ's from every online session? 

NOT ONLY THAT. But  Just found another glitch which makes it so that even though you are on a wheel, the physics are that of the pad. Unf***ing playable. Pls tell me there is gonna be a patch for this because this feels honestly like the new 2015.

I absolutely hate the pad physics on the wheel glitch! I made a great setup in qualifying and in the race the physics were those of the pads and the car felt like sh@t I locked up every corner..

I was a beta tester for this years game and the beta was great.
But the amount of bugs and glitches that find itself into the game(even tho they said it was the EXACT SAME THING as the beta except only with multi and grand prix modes) is just unacceptable. DSQ's from every online session? 

NOT ONLY THAT. But  Just found another glitch which makes it so that even though you are on a wheel, the physics are that of the pad. Unf***ing playable. Pls tell me there is gonna be a patch for this because this feels honestly like the new 2015.
Agree i have no words what happened with mp after how good the mp beta was

Could you please explain pad physics? I too have a wheel never used a pad. So my wheel acts like a pad ?? Please explain and thank you. 

I'm just watching the technical section of the forum fill up with discussions. There wasn't this many problems in the beta. I just hope they all get resolved ! 

wizzard69 said:
Could you please explain pad physics? I too have a wheel never used a pad. So my wheel acts like a pad ?? Please explain and thank you. 
Basically, the pad traction and steering assist will activate. Will try to make a video if I can replicate it again

But the amount of bugs and glitches that find itself into the game(even tho they said it was the EXACT SAME THING as the beta except only with multi and grand prix modes) is just unacceptable.
They didn't say that, exactly -- they told us about at least one bug in our final beta version that was "already fixed" in the retail build, so whatever we were testing was obviously a separate branch.

Unless you delay the release date, you're always going to find bugs in beta testing that can't be fixed in time for release. Ideally you don't release a beta with any known bugs, but that's not how most companies view betas these days -- nowadays it's more of an opportunity to triage the bugs you already know about, and probably find out about a few new ones too.

wizzard69 said:
Basically, the pad traction and steering assist will activate. Will try to make a video if I can replicate it again
I can flat foot in 3rd gear with zero reaction from the rear. Much easier than 2016 but then again I thought this would be normal considering the huge increase in mechanical and Aero grip this year. Haven't noticed steering assist yet

Thank God I only paid $34.00 on CD Keys for this POS simcade. Back to Assetto Corsa, Race Room and Iracing. I will never buy a Codemaster product again. For the love of Formula One give the licence to a company that can make a proper racing sim. Crappy frame rate on a 1080ti, no proper triple monitor support, no VR, menu is not mouse driven have to use the keyboard. Game looks blurry horrible textures.

I believe that my Steam discussion concerns the exact same problem.
Here is the link: http://steamcommunity.com/app/515220/discussions/0/1471969431595387299/
We really need this issue to be fixed as the car is completely undriveable right now