DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

One of the most important changes needed for Online Leagues in F1 2014

I'm a member of PRL, I raced in the pacific ps3 championships back in 2011 and to be honest i was able to keep up with a fellow racer called dreglar purely because i wasn't having to work as hard now im not saying pad users have it easy but now going to a wheel on the exact same game its extremely different too different a wheel racer is having to think about every corner before he gets there a pad user oh yeah theres a corner there full lock itll stick, now im an ex pad racer and thats just ridiculous no wonder people are saying its not satisfying to play the game, theyre not working for it. I'm not saying take the steering assist out but like moogle says to keep this game truely fair between pads and wheels this surely has to be moved to the assists menu or as an alternative in online races make the option to stop it from being used and make the whole steering assist variable to that you can set how much its helping you instead of just full lock every corner, 

What a ridiculous idea. I use pad, not as quick as wheel users. The last thing CM want to do is to make the game harder and difficult for the big consumer base which probably use controllers. I cannot turn and make quick direction changes as wheels, I cant have the same precision, so to be penalized further would make it inaccessible for controller users to compete in racing leagues no? 

As Hatta said - I don’t think I’d call it a cheat either. Claiming it ‘removes steering from the game’ isn’t very fair as the compound, tyre wear, fuel and weather conditions still greatly affect the player. The lock reduction system isn’t really an assist like Traction Control or ABS, it’s a core component of many, many racing games and can greatly improve the gameplay experience. Playing the game on a pad without the system in-place can make the handling feel incredibly unnatural.

It improves the gameplay experience for the guys who drive with a controller... :) 

Nelly - I don't think you understood this fully.  We are not suggesting they remove steering assist from the game.  We are suggesting they move it from the Driving Controls menu to the Driving Assist menu, so that for some of the most talented drivers out there, it can be disabled for leagues, so as to not give them an unfair advantage.  I understand that it provides a sensible benefit to some of the less skilled drivers, but it has no place in top levels of league racing.

Exactly, all we are saying is that it should be treated as a steering assist, like ABS and TC.  It should definitely remain in the game, but it should just be obvious to people that this is an assist, as opposed to a game input device setting, most pad users don't even know they are using an assist! 

Having it as an assist also means that wheel users that need a little help can use it too, there are only benefits to be had for everyone with this change.

I set Override Device Type to "Gamepad", but my car completely stopped turning  with my wheel, what wrong?