Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2017 - Unfair durability when not on 100%

It's the practice where it needs looking at. It's too harsh. The race wear seems ok. It seems like they will have to up durability again

This is my experience with F1 2017 on XB1 sofar:

Aug 25th:
Started my Career in a Sauber
AI Level 50 (Medium)
XB1 Elite Cntroller, (as i believe this has something to do with wear and tear as well)
Medium Practice (30/30/30)
Full Qualifying
25% race

Started racing and spending resource points on performance upgrades, but after the first race some parts where above 50% already.
Couple of races later (Round8) I am on my 4th set of parts and 3rd gearbox. So I started to spend on durability upgrades.
But feeling I took the wrong path, I decided to create a new player and start the career over again with exactly the same settings as the first one.
This second career I am spending all RP on durability upgrades, and now on round 16 I've got the complete Durability Tree fully developed.

btw. In my second career, now on round 18, i've never received the Additional RP bonus from the sponsors while overachieving in the same manor as in the first career I had done.
In the first career I received up to 2x 750 bonus RPs in the first 8 rounds for 'boosting your performance further'. In the second career i never received those bonus points while still overachieving. Are these Bonus XB1-Profile wide or F12017 Player wide? Seems that the first applies.

Back to the durability.
In the second career, achieving a 100% developed Durability Tree in round 16, while on my 5th&6th set of parts, and still 5 races to go, i am starting to wonder if i am able to complete to season... Yesterday the v1.5 update dropped on xbox1. Best thing to do is start all over again and create a thirs career. But knowing I will not receive those Bonus RPs....Pfffff.... It's becoming a GRIND.

And then This:
This is the 3rd Gearbox which as soon as it hits 50% wear will start to drop a gear or two. Really? When does this happen in real life?
50% is the new 80/90 or 100%? Where is the gradual wear a component has? This happens with other components as well. As soon as they
appear yellow, you will have massive problems and are not able to compete with AI anymore. With the current wear on components on 25% races this game feels more like a scrapyard-simulator then as a F1 game. The only thing missing now is a 'marketplace for 2nd hand parts'. 

Don't get me wrong, i like the management part a lot. Enriches the game, or at least, if it's done right, it enriches the game.

Please Codies, fix this...

Thank you devicenator for looking in to this and getting some numbers that I can pass on to the design team. As CompLex1986 said this is a balancing issue and while it's one that's very difficult to get right for all the different combinations available to players (OSQ or Full Quali, 25% - 100% races) it's going in the right direction and we will continue to try to improve it.

@F1Support surely the main thing would be up the durability (we should be able to do at least 10 laps per practice session to earn maximum points) and up the failiure point from around 50 to 80%+

thanks @F1Support for keeping working on the issue. As Clark999 sais, 10 laps per session is an absolut minimum because session goals & practice programmes do not depend on race lenght. And even with short races, I need some time to test car settings and know the track. I really don't want to use Time Trial Mode for that...

I get your point, sure the whole logic and parametrization of all the wear is complicated. It's unfortunate though that you introdoce a whole new and very interesting feature to the game without testing and calculating it thoroughly, so in the end career mode is kind of unplayable. 

One suggestion: In my opinion, life span of engine & gearbox should not depend too much of R&D, because a) there are other improvement areas one want's to invest in, and b) we don't play with newcomer teams so focus of the game should not be on development of absolute basics. Instead, focus might be set more on driving style, so f.e. progress in car develpoment could allow more aggressive driving instead of just generally adding life span to the engine parts. And - again as mentioned before by Clark999 - risk of technical failures must definitely be reduced drastically when wear is between 50-80%.

@F1Support

Any updates on this?  I lost a gear on my 3rd practice and lost my engine in the 3rd race on 25%.  Not that I wouldn't like to do 50 or 100% races, I just don't have the time.  I'm still new to this, so if I can provide further details to assist please let me know.

Yeah this should be fixed, especially gearbox wear is crazy for me.
I just did a 25% race in USA(14 laps), put a brand new gearbox in before race, and at the end it was on 22%!
And I already did 55% durability upgrade on gearbox... what is this?