Sign in to follow this  

Destiny Thread

Just spent 3 hours playing Strike missions with @RevolvingPrawn‌ Was very fun. This game is so much better when played with friends, if only we had one more person on here to play with us on strikes. Still got to find people to play raids with us, but it's going to be nearly impossible I think with no matchmaking and them being so long.

So from getting frustrated with constant disconnects and accidentally slamming my controller into my gentleman area earlier, to playing a load of strikes with @Hughesy and not disconnecting once, I'm happy with Destiny again :p

Nothing to do with Destiny but I finally managed to catch a fly that's been buzzing around my room for hours, a very productive night lol B)

If you guys have missed drops go to the postmaster and the items you missed will be sent there.

Edit: Just did a strike collected two encoded legendary items go to the tower and find out there only materials!!

If you guys have missed drops go to the postmaster and the items you missed will be sent there.

Edit: Just did a strike collected two encoded legendary items go to the tower and find out there only materials!!
Don't complain about materials. When you get Legendary and Exotic gear, you'll be happy to get as many of them as you can

Oh and btw for the cave, if there's people there. just sit back and just shoot into the cave every now and then. You get XP and drops if the game thinks your active even if you don't do any damage to anyone

Thought I'd change the colour of my armor from blue to "polar oak" lol looks like camouflage to me o:) Wanted red but she didn't have it.

Haha, you can say that again! What do you think of the three faction things? 
I haven't actually paid much attention to them yet, have you chose one yet? I'm about to try the weekly strike challenge now that Im level 24, think it's a level 22 one wish me luck :#  Need strange coins for the weekend to buy gear.

Nah man, I like Dead Orbit but only cause the gear looks cool :p Otherwise I have no idea what any of them are about. And you have to buy their gear to join em yea? 

I still can't do the weekly strike challenge on my own :s. Need you to try and get past level 22 bud and then we'd have a chance. Wish I could just give you some of my gear as then you'd be at atleast 22.

@RevolvingPrawn I chose DeadcOrbit bud, I'm not sure how you get your rank up with them though to buy their gear..... Why is nothing explained in this game? It's silly and very frustrating   :#

He's utterly bent dude :( Got a good helmet a minute ago though so I'm level 21 now :) Having a problem with the mission where you gotta get the mind core from the cyclops thing now though. Killed it 3 times over and it still hasn't dropped the mind core...

@RevolvingPrawn‌ There's new bounty missions bud from "the Queen" which are meant to give out legendary gear.

Just from the normal bounty guy. After that there's a bit on the side after selecting destinations where the weekly challenge is to do a separate mission but you need to be level 24 for that. I'm doing my second bounty now so hope I actually get something good....

Hughesy said:
Just from the normal bounty guy. After that there's a bit on the side after selecting destinations where the weekly challenge is to do a separate mission but you need to be level 24 for that. I'm doing my second bounty now so hope I actually get something good....
Cool, just gotta make some space and I'll take a look at those, thanks dude :)

Well I've done two of them and nothing.... I had a purple drop on the first one but it was mote of light. So called you get rewards at the end when it shows your kills but I got nothing. So either I'm very unlucky or people are talking out their arses. I'm going to try the special mission that's not a bounty in a sec although I might struggle.

Forgot to say, behind the bounty guy a new area of the tower is open which is where you can find the queen, but she doesn't have anything good (for me anyway) 

Ah typical, this game is a bastard for dashing hopes of good gear! :p Had a few motes of light too but I've no idea what use they are.

Awesome, I'd have missed that if you hadn't said :)

I bloody did it! That special level 24 mission from the queen. Had to use a few tricks though. In the first no spawn area in a cave, there's a underground part you can go into. Then you just draw the enemies towards the opening as the don't come down. Shoot them and retreat so your health goes back up. Then the final boss fight. He comes out of a door, so I just used my special move (the golden gun one) and that gets his health down, then run like a chicken down near the bridge as he won't come all the way down. Then just keep shooting and hiding until he's down. At the end of it all I got the queens guard mask which is purple/legendary 280 defence upto 372 and +18 light so I'm nearly at level 25 B)  

I had to use my primary class though as it has a better armor/recovery rating and the supercharged gun. I really enjoyed that, it was very hard though.

Hughesy said:
I bloody did it! That special level 24 mission from the queen. Had to use a few tricks though. In the first no spawn area in a cave, there's a underground part you can go into. Then you just draw the enemies towards the opening as the don't come down. Shoot them and retreat so your health goes back up. Then the final boss fight. He comes out of a door, so I just used my special move (the golden gun one) and that gets his health down, then run like a chicken down near the bridge as he won't come all the way down. Then just keep shooting and hiding until he's down. At the end of it all I got the queens guard mask which is purple/legendary 280 defence upto 372 and +18 light so I'm nearly at level 25 B)  

I had to use my primary class though as it has a better armor/recovery rating and the supercharged gun. I really enjoyed that, it was very hard though.
sounds a bit like the firefights I have on ME as that's generally how I takre on the tougher enemies like the Armature class Geth or the Brutes and banshees