Sign in to follow this  

Destiny Thread

Hughesy said:
@RevolvingPrawn‌  When are you free next bud? I still haven't done the strike mission on the moon yet, as I'm waiting to do it with you o:)
Hey dude, been busy :p Any time this weekend really, I'll be out most of tomorrow but should be home in the evening and home all day Sunday :)
Yea anytime then will be fine bud. I'm having problems finding items with light in it, which you need to upgrade after level 20. How people got to level 26 already to do the raids is beyond me. I only work part time as you know and I'm nowhere near that level, I can only think they're jobless or don't sleep much lol. Mind you I might have upgraded faster if I knew you could  change the difficulty setting doing missions...

I've seen a few but haven't got em yet, still level 18 atm :p But yea they gotta be jobless and have no real life friends to have enough time to do that. I work 4 days and have 3 free and still don't have time to always play games lol. 
I think the difficulty setting only comes up once you;ve completed a mission and go back it bud.

They do become more fun when you crank up the difficulty :) I only started doing the missions on Mars last night. I thought it would be an awesome map but feels a bit empty to me compared to Venus.

I roam around on Normal and do the Strikes on hard and just unlock the raid option after completing one of the crucible matches.

I'm finally going to put some effort into upgrading my subclass as I haven't until now. I'm wondering what you get in the bladedancer class. On mp I keep getting people jump into the air and killing me with a blade or something so thought I might get that ability in this subclass....

Been trying to do the weekly challenge. It's a heroic strike on the moon level 22. I'm at that level but can't do it on my own and @RevolvingPrawn‌ isn't at that level :'( I was trying to do it as I want to get some strange coins to buy stuff from the special vendor who's only avalable on the weekend. The gear he sells is a higher level than purple gear and even more rare...

@Hughesy I'm not too far off, just about to hit level 20, not sure I'll be at 22 before the end of the weekend though :/ Had a look at some of his stuff, looks awesome! So far I only have 2range coins

Once you hit level 20 it takes ages to level up as you need to find armor with "light" in it... You only find it in blue armor and above. I've nearly hit L23 but still think it'll take a while so I still won't be able to buy from him this weekend :'( I really hate the way you level up after hitting 20, it just seems stupid to me, and I hardly ever find blue armor in drops as it's always green so it's kinda turning me off the game.

Also you don't get anything good for completing the "story" which I still don't have a clue what's going on, no work was put into it and the fact you need to buy dlc to actually further the story annoys me :s 
My X1 still isn't counting how long I've played Destiny, says only an hour still lol

Hughesy said:
Once you hit level 20 it takes ages to level up as you need to find armor with "light" in it... You only find it in blue armor and above. I've nearly hit L23 but still think it'll take a while so I still won't be able to buy from him this weekend :'( I really hate the way you level up after hitting 20, it just seems stupid to me, and I hardly ever find blue armor in drops as it's always green so it's kinda turning me off the game.

Also you don't get anything good for completing the "story" which I still don't have a clue what's going on, no work was put into it and the fact you need to buy dlc to actually further the story annoys me :s 
My X1 still isn't counting how long I've played Destiny, says only an hour still lol
Yeah i keep finding the green items and when i do find a blue item it turns out to be low level.

http://kotaku.com/how-to-trick-destiny-into-helping-you-farm-tons-of-loo-1635561654

Might help you guys...

The best spot is that little cave on earth (can't remember what the section is called) I haven't tried it yet as you really shouldn't have to farm for these things as its boring.... You still up for playing tonight bud? I only have 3 strange coins so won't be buying any gear from xur this weekend which sucks. I don't get why they made it differnet to level up after hitting 20. It's now all about luck rather than skill. I can't do the weekly strike challenge (on my own anyway) and played for ages last night and found no armor with light in it.... :( 
I have started to level up my subclass though. It's a shame you can't trade items with friends as I have loads of gear that would help you along bud. Stored loads in the vault incase I decide to make a new Character which is doubtful.

Hughesy said:
The best spot is that little cave on earth (can't remember what the section is called) I haven't tried it yet as you really shouldn't have to farm for these things as its boring.... You still up for playing tonight bud? I only have 3 strange coins so won't be buying any gear from xur this weekend which sucks. I don't get why they made it differnet to level up after hitting 20. It's now all about luck rather than skill. I can't do the weekly strike challenge (on my own anyway) and played for ages last night and found no armor with light in it.... :( 
I have started to level up my subclass though. It's a shame you can't trade items with friends as I have loads of gear that would help you along bud. Stored loads in the vault incase I decide to make a new Character which is doubtful.
Which cave theres heaps lol, i found Xur today in the part of the tower no one hardly visits next to those big door.

As I said I don't know what it's called. Just search farming earth cave and YouTube video will show you where it is. Thing is I have no motivation to farm but it looks like I'll have.... Maybe I could farm with @RevolvingPrawn‌ later.

Hughesy said:
As I said I don't know what it's called. Just search farming earth cave and YouTube video will show you where it is. Thing is I have no motivation to farm but it looks like I'll have.... Maybe I could farm with @RevolvingPrawn‌ later.
Sorry bud, been out all day! Need to watch qualifying and then I'll be on Destiny so it'll probably be sometime between 10 and 11. Other than the race, I should be on quite a bit tomorrow.

Won't be able to play then bud as I'll be watching match of the day :p we'll have to play tomorrow. I'm about to jump on Destiny now to try the weekly strike challenge although I'll still not have enough strange coins, so still won't be able to buy exotic armor. :'( Hopefully you have more luck than me at levelling up after 20 unlike me so we can do the weekly challenge together.

Just finished doing my first farming session finding several blue items with light in so I'm level 23, which just proves how stupid this game is after level 20.... No skill involved yet I level up!  Can't see myself playing for much longer once I've done all the strike missions as its pointless if you don't need skill to hit a high level. 

Just spent an hour doing the one couger showed us earlier, had about 15-20 engrams waiting to be picked up, so I think "One more go at it" and 5 seconds later lose connection to the Bungie servers. FFS.

Just spent an hour doing the one couger showed us earlier, had about 15-20 engrams waiting to be picked up, so I think "One more go at it" and 5 seconds later lose connection to the Bungie servers. FFS.
one of the annoying things about gaming online I guess

Hughesy said:
Just finished doing my first farming session finding several blue items with light in so I'm level 23, which just proves how stupid this game is after level 20.... No skill involved yet I level up!  Can't see myself playing for much longer once I've done all the strike missions as its pointless if you don't need skill to hit a high level. 
Think the strike missions are endless?

'Sup guys. Level 27 Titan here. The trick to getting good good once you reach Level 20 is to do the Vanguard Stirkes, because you're guarenteed Blue Armour at the end, with a chance at Legendary and Exotic. You have a chance of getting Legendary Engrams from enemies during the Strikes as well. Level 20 Blue Gear fully upgraded will get you to Level 24 (I did this about 6 hours game time after hitting 20 doing Strikes). Then you will need to find or buy Legendary gear to advance. I've only ever got a Legendary Weapon, so I bought my Legendary Gear from the Vanguard in the middle Tower, which got me to Level 26 with just the Chest, Gloves and Boots. I then had enough Strange Coins to buy the Helmet from Xur yesterday, which pushed me to 27.

For a better chance at Legendaries, do the glitch on Earth by shooting the enemies in that cave someone mentioned. Even if you don't, you'll get enough Blues to upgrade the Cryptarch. Every Level after 3, you'll get a "letter" off the Post Master that will give you Engrams with a chance at 1 or more Legendary Engrams. Also another tip, keep doing Bountys. You'll eventually get 3 Exotic Bounties to choose from and if you complete it, you'll get an Exotic Weapon (The Bounties have about 4 stages t go through).

Also, there is Chest Loot Farming that you can try on either Planet if you search youtube. The only time consuming part, is finding materials to upgrade Legendaries and Exotics, everything else is about shooting bad guys :smiley: 

Oh,and you're only allowed 1 Exotic Armour and 1 Exotic Weapon equipped at any given time

Hughesy said:
Think the strike missions are endless?
No you can keep re doing them but there's only so many ;)

Don't forget Vanguard Strike Playlists, I believe are Level 20, 22, and 24. As they are playlists, you can get matched up with randoms, and if you don't leave you just go to the next match instead of going to orbit, searching again and then getting the same map again. And like I said, they are good to level up, especially past 20

Getting pretty annoyed now. Every time I go to the cave on Earth there's 2 or 3 people already there, and every time I go to the moon I get a bloody network error. FFS.

Getting pretty annoyed now. Every time I go to the cave on Earth there's 2 or 3 people already there, and every time I go to the moon I get a bloody network error. FFS.
It doesn't matter if people do it with you bud you still get drops, or do you mean people hanging around near it so they don't spawn? People sometimes sit in the cave so others can't farm.... :# Do you to play it with me in a bit?