Jump to content Jump to content

Not long until they shut it down either lol. People wouldn't feel the need to farm if the drops were what they say they are :| Make strikes more rewarding and missions and people wouldn't farm. Games like this always have farming so I don't get why they shut them down. I can't be bothered to farm though as its boring, so I just redo missions in the hope I get something good. When do you want to play online next bud? We could also do crucible matches.
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/09/26/destiny-engram-changes-explained

Definitely good news, Engrams from sometime next week will be decoded to a matching colour :)
Cool and need a patch to fix the legendary items you find to match your character not a Titan or Hunter if your a Warlock lol
Yea agreed on that. I haven't had it happen to me yet, but when/if it does I'll fume! Hopefully this patch does fix that and they just haven't mentioned it :p 
Hughesy said:

Definitely good news, Engrams from sometime next week will be decoded to a matching colour :)
Yea I meant to post that last night but forgot lol Good news though B) When do you want to do more strikes bud? 
How about a bunch tomorrow night? Might play tonight, but if I do it'll mainly be story or Crucible.
Hughesy said:

Yea I meant to post that last night but forgot lol Good news though B) When do you want to do more strikes bud? 
How about a bunch tomorrow night? Might play tonight, but if I do it'll mainly be story or Crucible.
Yea I can play tomorrow night bud.
I went to EGX yesterday and queued for 45 mins to play this game with a mate. So here is my short and not well written review.

I had no idea what to do when I started. I had a gun and I could run, then there were these monsters and I shot them but I was smashed by them about 10 times in the space of 7 minutes. I was on a team I think but I wasn't any help so sorry to my team mates. But the graphics were fantastic, sound again, great, and with the headphones on full blast, sometimes quite scary!

A great game, but I had no idea.
I went to EGX yesterday and queued for 45 mins to play this game with a mate. So here is my short and not well written review.

I had no idea what to do when I started. I had a gun and I could run, then there were these monsters and I shot them but I was smashed by them about 10 times in the space of 7 minutes. I was on a team I think but I wasn't any help so sorry to my team mates. But the graphics were fantastic, sound again, great, and with the headphones on full blast, sometimes quite scary!

Yea, it's not particularly new player friendly :p Pick it up as soon as you can though bud, go from the start and you'll adore it within a few hours :) You won't learn everything in 7 minutes though. I've put 30+ hours into this game and even now there's things popping up that have me all like "what the heck is that?" :p 

Yea, it's not particularly new player friendly :p Pick it up as soon as you can though bud, go from the start and you'll adore it within a few hours :) You won't learn everything in 7 minutes though. I've put 30+ hours into this game and even now there's things popping up that have me all like "what the heck is that?" :p 
How did the crucible turn out bud, did you get anything good? I wanted to play some tonight but well..... Let's just say I have a dodgy tummy :# Don't won't to be forced to stop playing halfway through a match..... :o
Hughesy said:

How did the crucible turn out bud, did you get anything good? I wanted to play some tonight but well..... Let's just say I have a dodgy tummy :# Don't won't to be forced to stop playing halfway through a match..... :o
Lol, nope :( I did 4 matches, 1 of which I ended top of my team, 1 I came second, and one I came third. Jack shit in the way of rewards. My last match was awful and I was 5th best on my team, the game gives me a Legendary helmet engram. Which of course decoded into a blue Rustburner helmet roughly 60 defence points below my current helmet.

I'm staying off tonight, shattered from lack of sleep and busier than normal work, and then finding out my i7 was stuck at a constant 3.9GHz and not clocking down... Fixed that now after a few hours head scratching and I'm considering using electrical tape to keep my eyelids propped up.

And thanks for the update on your bowels lol. I'm gonna guess the back of your toilet matches the colour of your Noctua fans? :p 
Looking at some old Destiny articles and so many things stand out that aren't in the the game like this quote
 "Jones is a higher-level player, and as such has better gear, including an impressive sleek, black spaceship that makes Staten’s smaller, simpler vessel look like, in his own joking words, a “Space Corolla.” Ships will serve various purposes. Only a Scout class was specifically mentioned, though it was implied that space combat will factor into Destiny as well"

So much seems to be missing from the game...... :( 
Here's an article on IGN from a year or two ago. http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/02/17/bungies-destiny-a-land-of-hope-and-dreams?page=1
That's all well and good mate, but this stuff was promised for this game. I do like the game but really it's very empty, and many planets were cut from the game in my opinion. For instance planets that were in videos aren't in the game. They even talk about Saturn in that link I posted, and things like mile long ships to battle through. I love playing the strikes with you but there's only a few of them. The amount of time this game was in development, I can't believe this is all the finished content.
Sorry for the rant but I had to get it off my chest.
I do share some of your disappointment at stuff that was promised and wasn't included. I remember reading all that stuff and thinking it could be the greatest game, but this kinda thing always happens. Devs promise big genre changing things and then you play the game and it's barely different from any other in it's category.
I'm still happy with Destiny though, it may not have everything that was promised but I'm never bored while playing it :) And if it starts to feel empty, just jump into Crucible for a bit :p 

Thought you already had it couger? Shame for 360 and not X1 though, Hughesy and I need a dependable third player for strikes!