Jump to content Jump to content

Destiny Thread

onetwothree

Lol, I'll try to but it'll be hard! Luckily the last race is Interlagos :) Enjoy Strikes and Crucible matches while I have to race!
I will  :) Just going go do my last control mate to complete the bounty. Doing bounties is one of my favourite things in the game, I'm only just getting into the competitive mp. Can't believe I killed 90 enemies in the last strike.
Feel like Dog The Bounty hunter...lol

Hughesy said:
Lol, I'll try to but it'll be hard! Luckily the last race is Interlagos :) Enjoy Strikes and Crucible matches while I have to race!
I will  :) Just going go do my last control mate to complete the bounty. Doing bounties is one of my favourite things in the game, I'm only just getting into the competitive mp. Can't believe I killed 90 enemies in the last strike.
Feel like Dog The Bounty hunter...lol
that's a lot of bad guys

Mars has some high level enemies takes a bit to get them down, plus the surface is very dusty so it hard to see in the distance like the Earth, Venus & the Moon.
Sounds fun, I haven't done any story missions for a while. I've been the Crucible which surprises me as I didn't think I'd enjoy it. So far I've only done control matches. Just unlocked something that changes the colour of your armour, it's now blue and looks very nice. I just hit level 20, this is by far the best next gen game imo. I'll probably buy the dlc even though it's expensive as I love the game do much, I hope it adds a lot of content. :) Do you know when they get released? As there's no point buying it until it's about to come out.

@RevolvingPrawn Once you hit level 20 there's heroic missions we can do. :)

I'm going to build up my sub class tomorrow to see what it's like. There's so much to do in this game even though the story is very short.

Hughesy said:
Mars has some high level enemies takes a bit to get them down, plus the surface is very dusty so it hard to see in the distance like the Earth, Venus & the Moon.
Sounds fun, I haven't done any story missions for a while. I've been the Crucible which surprises me as I didn't think I'd enjoy it. So far I've only done control matches. Just unlocked something that changes the colour of your armour, it's now blue and looks very nice. I just hit level 20, this is by far the best next gen game imo. I'll probably buy the dlc even though it's expensive as I love the game do much, I hope it adds a lot of content. :) Do you know when they get released? As there's no point buying it until it's about to come out.

I'm going to build up my sub class tomorrow to see what it's like. There's so much to do in this game even though the story is very short.
Not a fan of crucible, too many campers and people using one shot one kill weapons.

I was the same, but you just need to get better and always aim for the head as it'll kill them quick. What do you class as a one shot kill weapon? I use a pretty weak weapon in regards to impact power and do ok now. When I first jumped into mp I got slaughtered, but went back last night and did really well. There'll always be balancing issues with a new ip but it's not too bad, plus when you lose you get good gear compared to when you win most of the time ;)
I'm only just getting back into mp after many years of not playing it. Titanfall got me playing online again but Destiny has me hooked on it lol. Now that I look at the radar to see where people are I do much better. It also depends on what mode you play, as some use your players level and some don't but obviously it won't be everyone's cup of tea. I'm just glad I gave it another chance, as originally I wasn't going to play competitive multiplayer again. Even without playing it there's so much to do in the game so that's good. 
I never complain if people so called camp, as that's just one way to play and not really the best way imo

Hughesy said:
I was the same, but you just need to get better and always aim for the head as it'll kill them quick. What do you class as a one shot kill weapon? I use a pretty weak weapon in regards to impact power and do ok now. When I first jumped into mp I got slaughtered, but went back last night and did really well. There'll always be balancing issues with a new ip but it's not too bad, plus when you lose you get good gear compared to when you win most of the time ;)
I'm only just getting back into mp after many years of not playing it. Titanfall got me playing online again but Destiny has me hooked on it lol. Now that I look at the radar to see where people are I do much better. It also depends on what mode you play, as some use your players level and some don't but obviously it won't be everyone's cup of tea. I'm just glad I gave it another chance, as originally I wasn't going to play competitive multiplayer again. Even without playing it there's so much to do in the game so that's good. 
I never complain if people so called camp, as that's just one way to play and not really the best way imo
Mainly snipers from people camping on top of a building and i normally use the fusion gun 2nd shot normally gets them.

Edit: Have you found any light items?

Hughesy said:
Not yet as I only turned level 20 last night and haven't played today yet. I have far too much time on my hands now, the joys of only working part time now :(  I get bored having nothing to do all day, I'll get used to it eventually lol.
I turned light as soon as i hit lvl 20 i must have had a light item in my items.

Hughesy said:
Not yet as I only turned level 20 last night and haven't played today yet. I have far too much time on my hands now, the joys of only working part time now :(  I get bored having nothing to do all day, I'll get used to it eventually lol.
I turned light as soon as i hit lvl 20 i must have had a light item in my items.
Maybe I did and just didn't notice as I was really tired lol. Do you know when the dlc is meant to be released? Are they just releasing one at a time?

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
Maybe I did and just didn't notice as I was really tired lol. Do you know when the dlc is meant to be released? Are they just releasing one at a time?
No idea yet haven't checked the website.

I thought they were new planets but they're not.... One of them is below the moons surface. It's strange that two planets that were in a trailer aren't in the game. The dlc pass is only for the two expansions which defeats the purpose of  a pass lol. I thought this game would have at least ten planets so was shocked at only 4 being in the game. Showing two planets that aren't in the game is false advertisement in my eyes, I wonder how much the new ones will cost in the future, can't see them being free :s

Technically 3 planet and a Moon :p It isn't great, but I'm still pretty happy with what we got, though adding Mercury, Pluto and Uranus would be pretty badass.
I did read that we would be able to go to a space station type place orbiting Jupiter but not seen anything since about that. Apparently Jupiter doesn't show on the planet map with standard versions, but Ghost and Limited Editions have a place for it, so maybe part of one of the DLC? Check your copy @couger1981 :p 

Just shared a new knife kill clip on Xbox (Smartglass is way better now) @Hughesy, reckon it beats yours ;) 

Hughesy said:

Not a fan of crucible, too many campers and people using one shot one kill weapons.
1 shot kill weapons can be quite handy though that's why I like using sniper rifles on shooters as they can get you out od trouble fast if you use them right.

Technically 3 planet and a Moon :p It isn't great, but I'm still pretty happy with what we got, though adding Mercury, Pluto and Uranus would be pretty badass.
I did read that we would be able to go to a space station type place orbiting Jupiter but not seen anything since about that. Apparently Jupiter doesn't show on the planet map with standard versions, but Ghost and Limited Editions have a place for it, so maybe part of one of the DLC? Check your copy @couger1981 :p 

Just shared a new knife kill clip on Xbox (Smartglass is way better now) @Hughesy, reckon it beats yours ;) 
Paa nothing beats mine :p I'll have a look in a sec bud. Days seem so long now I'm not working all day, Horizon 2 demo tomorrow though :)
That was a good throw bud especially for mp. I did a great one on single player from miles away. Threw it high and it came down on it's head haha didn't think to record it though...

Hughesy said:
You should try playing thinking style games like a Football Manager or a Snooker game. I find games like that are very good at killing time if you're bored and don't fancy playing shooter/action type games especially the FM's anyway. I don't buy them every year but I do find them fun if you prefer a more quieter thinking based game.

Hughesy said:
You should try playing thinking style games like a Football Manager or a Snooker game. I find games like that are very good at killing time if you're bored and don't fancy playing shooter/action type games especially the FM's anyway. I don't buy them every year but I do find them fun if you prefer a more quieter thinking based game.
I do play  Football Manager, spent 100s of hours with each one lol wrong thread I know...hehe

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
I do play  Football Manager, spent 100s of hours with each one lol wrong thread I know...hehe
yeah but they do kill a lot of time if there's not a lot going on that was the main reason why I suggested it as I play them for that reason too sometimes but as you said  it is the wrong thread for this discussion

Going to start playing Destiny again in a bit as I haven't played much today. I started doing my sub class but it feels so underpowered I gave up for now at least. I'll get my self warmed up and then go to the Crusible to complete some of my multiplayer bounties :) seems there's a small 66mb update to do first, not sure why it didn't update while I wasn't playing like the X1 meant to do, atleast it's a tiny one.

There is space for one or two more planets.