Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TEST PATCH FOR DSQ IN MULTIPLAYER - FEEDBACK THREAD

Hi all,

Please read the thread here for instructions on how to access, then let us know how you get on in this thread.

I'm getting audio dropout in game, no-one to race yet, people still applying the patch. Also seeing some graphical artefacts on the reflections in the lake at Albert Park intro amongst other places.

Definitely a thing, rolled back to 1.3 and it's gone.

First race in spectator mode (aside from a little lag) apppeared to have the DSQ glitch fixed. Will do more races to confirm.

Made connects to the lobby, it seems to be fixed now but we maybe need More testers

why do game companies bring beta testers out for if there gonna release games this bad? sure thats what beta is for to weed all the bugs out but these are beggining to become a joke.

JohnWick1 said:
why do game companies bring beta testers out for if there gonna release games this bad? sure thats what beta is for to weed all the bugs out but these are beggining to become a joke.
I can assure you the beta WAS NOT like this.

JohnWick1 said:
We didn't have any problems with everyone getting dsq

Seems to be fixed, but for reason i had another car in the qualifications as in the race (choosen f1 2007 Ferrari but got the 2008 mclaren in Q).
Also the race distance stat is broken.

But i had no issues now with dsqs. I think it needs now just abig test.

I'm getting audio dropout in game, no-one to race yet, people still applying the patch. Also seeing some graphical artefacts on the reflections in the lake at Albert Park intro amongst other places.

Hi @steviejay69, thanks for confirming this new bug in 1.4! we don't want quick fixes for one issue that mangles other stuff, ever heard of regression testing Codies? Or is that what the community are doing for you?

Thanks also Steve for arranging a lobby to test 1.4 on Apexonlineracing tonight.

Thanks for working hard to get a fix out ASAP. There aren't that many testers but the races I did do seemed to be working well, no as of yet DQ's yet. Can also confirm MP4/4 is available in Online currently.

I'll play a few more before the race begins in Spa and will edit this post if I find anything

JohnWick1 said:
We still can't talk about beta due to NDA, but I wouldn't disagree with @F1randokalbus22 above.

The development and software control management appears to be quite hard to understand, but I guess timeline commitments force them down this route

Hi @steviejay69, thanks for confirming this new bug in 1.4! we don't want quick fixes for one issue that mangles other stuff, ever heard of regression testing Codies? Or is that what the community are doing for you?

Thanks also Steve for arranging a lobby to test 1.4 on Apexonlineracing tonight.

We need beta branching for regression testing even after patches. This was like the rushed 1.80 patch for F1 2016. Fixed the tyre wear but introduced other issues that we were ultimately left with as that was the final patch.

So I have just downloaded this test patch and it seems like the DSQ bug was fixed.
After playing one quick race i found another bug. I chose the RB6 for One Shot Qualifying and Race, but game gave me Ferrari from 2007 instead of RedBull. In the race I managed to take a seat in my RB6, but something was broken. Driver was suited to other car and his hands were in front of the steering wheel. Also LED lights were glitched .

Here are my screenshots:
https://ibb.co/mAw7XQ
https://ibb.co/cJJze5

I hope this will be helpfull to solve this issue ;)

So I have just downloaded this test patch and it seems like the DSQ bug was fixed.
After playing one quick race i found another bug. I chose the RB6 for One Shot Qualifying and Race, but game gave me Ferrari from 2007 instead of RedBull. In the race I managed to take a seat in my RB6, but something was broken. Driver was suited to other car and his hands were in front of the steering wheel. Also LED lights were glitched .

Here are my screenshots:

Can you confirm if these issues were there before the patch beta by rolling back to 1.3?

Here are my screenshots:

Can you confirm if these issues were there before the patch beta by rolling back to 1.3?
I found this issue playing on 1.4 beta patch only

Here are my screenshots:

I found this issue playing on 1.4 beta patch only
Can confirm this, but choosen the 2007 Ferrari und were in the mclaren 2008 in the qualifying, after that the Ferrari were also a Bit broken in the race.Maybe something related to the dlc car which caused the issue?

When playing 1.4, a car retired in a 5 lap race but the yellow flags failed to clear. Unsure if this is in 1.3 as well, would be grateful if someone could check.

When playing 1.4, a car retired in a 5 lap race but the yellow flags failed to clear. Unsure if this is in 1.3 as well, would be grateful if someone could check.
Sometimes that happens also in 1.3 because the car will stuck at the track.

JohnWick1 said:
We still can't talk about beta due to NDA, but I wouldn't disagree with @F1randokalbus22 above.

The development and software control management appears to be quite hard to understand, but I guess timeline commitments force them down this route
We can talk about beta for few weeks already If you didn't know ;)

JohnWick1 said:

We can talk about beta for few weeks already If you didn't know ;)
If you say, but last I read the NDA still in place, you say what you want

Just rechecked, we can talk, just no footage okay

Yeah this was in beta and 1.3