Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TEST PATCH FOR DSQ IN MULTIPLAYER - FEEDBACK THREAD

I tested the beta version now and the first lobby i entered to spectate had no drivers in the results list. It was absolutely blank. Coming back to the lobby, choosing a car seems to take a long time (when i press ENTER to select a car it does not select it until a few seconds after it). After the loading screen the game simply closed itself (a reaccuring bug that happened to aarav and afnino last night while doing open lobbies, it closes for everyone but the host).

I will do more testing at 7pm this evening to see if the DSQ is really gone.

DSQ bug seems to be fixed. Tested it in public matchmaking and custom lobbies with 3-6 people. The MP4/4 can be used as well.
However, there still are some weird bugs like:
-yellow flags staying until the end of the race
-blue flags at the start of a race (and recieving a penalty for not letting them through on the FIRST LAP)
-invisible cars post-race

I was once DSQ before the start of a race, waiting for other players to press go to race. It was last night during aaravs open lobby event.

Whenever I try and download the patch through steam, it says that there's either no download source or that the content servers are unreachable. Anyone have any ideas?

I also made more Tests with 1.4, but sadly it´s not possible right now to get a full Lobby to test it out!

I also found the blue flag bug, which i post in another thread, cause it not happen in any races (just races with fast qualification (the one lap Thing).
DSQ is fixed, but MP-Stats are completly broken. I have the Feeling that you also worked with scales there because i have the Feeling that anything will counted x2 or x4. Sadly we are not able to reset the MP-Stats :(

EDIT: Well it seems that the Multiplayer Stats is also gaining stats in non full Lobbys but you don´t rank there. Is that right?

Edit 2: Okay, i tried to find some Things. The Milestone Thing is working correctly, so the XP Things  seems to be right It´s just the Things you can compare which are not right. It´s not equal to the Milestone Things.

The beta environment was poorly managed.  It was exactly like this forum just whoever shouts the loudest or most often gets noticed.  There needed to be structured forum areas to feedback into like handling, tyres, braking, sounds, etc.  Instead it was just write your thoughts wherever.  Also instead of releasing bits of the game we needed to have had access to the whole game about a month before release.  Also the beta started too late into development.  As for the patch I'm sure it will fix the dsq's as we got this version in the beta through the feedback through the beta testers.  It's easy to think the beta testers didn't do our jobs but consider that we only got small fractions of the game and a lot of the time there was no online sessions showing.  That again was codies fault for allowing private sessions to have been set and new lobbies to have been set up.  Hey I could go on all day but I have a f1 game to get frustrated at instead :-)

I'm also noticing graphical glitches on loading screens Nvidia latest download (downloaded today). With V1.4 version installed

Acerees said:
The beta environment was poorly managed.  It was exactly like this forum just whoever shouts the loudest or most often gets noticed.  There needed to be structured forum areas to feedback into like handling, tyres, braking, sounds, etc.  Instead it was just write your thoughts wherever.  Also instead of real easing bits of the game we needed to have had access to the whole game about a month before release.  Also the beta started too late into development.  As for the patch I'm sure it will fix the dsq's as we got this version in the beta through the feedback through the beta testers.  It's easy to think the beta testers didn't do our jobs but consider that we only got small fractions of the game and a lot of the time there was no online sessions showing.  That again was codies fault for allowing private sessions to have been set and new lobbies to have been set up.  Hey I could go on all day but I have a f1 game to get frustrated at instead :-)
Please keep to topic - as per the thread title, this is for feedback on the test patch.

I've managed to do about 10 online races with this patch. Not a single race or one-shot qualifying session ended with everyone being disqualified. Before the patch, about 95% of the races I completed ended with disqualifications so this patch is looking promising. :)

I haven't noticed any additional bugs that were introduced with this patch that weren't in the previous version.

Ok where to start...
tried to start a lobby and one person couldn't join so it crashed everyone out
restart - people crashed in formation lap and then they were controlled by the AI at race start.
they tried leaving and rejoining and then everyone's FFB went in the race. 
We tried leaving and then the game tried breaking our wheels by turning them past the max rotation of the wheel whilst it is watching AI or humans driving.

bur well done you have fixed it not one person dsq at the end of the race .... the downside is no one made it to the end!

Yeah, that social race was a complete disaster lmfao. Anyways, you have succeeded at fixing the DSQ glitch, but another number of  other bugs have been found.

• The aforementioned force feedback loss ruined a couple attempts at a social race
  • There needs to be an unsafe release mechanic for the pits, because from what i've seen, everyone just ghosts inside eachother.
  • There is no champagne sprayed on the podium (minor graphical glitch)
  • Yellow flags for some random crashes that stay there for the whole race as the cars aren't cleared (existing from 1.3)                                                           I also experienced a MAJOR frame drop, especially in menus and graphics, like the calender map at the start of a career race. I'm running a Asus RX580 8G, with the latest AMD drivers, so I don't know if this is something that you guys changed in the patch. But anyways, you guys did accomplish the goal of fixing the DSQ bug and the MP4/4 selection online.

Acerees said:
The beta environment was poorly managed.  It was exactly like this forum just whoever shouts the loudest or most often gets noticed.  There needed to be structured forum areas to feedback into like handling, tyres, braking, sounds, etc.  Instead it was just write your thoughts wherever.  Also instead of real easing bits of the game we needed to have had access to the whole game about a month before release.  Also the beta started too late into development.  As for the patch I'm sure it will fix the dsq's as we got this version in the beta through the feedback through the beta testers.  It's easy to think the beta testers didn't do our jobs but consider that we only got small fractions of the game and a lot of the time there was no online sessions showing.  That again was codies fault for allowing private sessions to have been set and new lobbies to have been set up.  Hey I could go on all day but I have a f1 game to get frustrated at instead :-)
Please keep to topic - as per the thread title, this is for feedback on the test patch.

He does have a point. The feedback is full of noise purely because people want to vent and are either not capable or not willing (or both) to search for similar threads, add constructive feedback or to share resolution and mark threads as such.

They do not add (all) the information you request in at least 50% of the responses.

JohnWick1 said:
why do game companies bring beta testers out for if there gonna release games this bad? sure thats what beta is for to weed all the bugs out but these are beggining to become a joke.
We still can't talk about beta due to NDA, but I wouldn't disagree with @F1randokalbus22 above.
We can talk about it now, we're just not allowed to post any footage that we may have captured.

Oh yeah permanent yellow flag one but last corner at spa and a car damaged and parked there the entire race.  Loads of debris on track all race never removed.  I don't know if these are patch related glitches or just glitches or some or issue.  

I have bought every single F1 game ever made and have bought consoles to play the game on.  I built my pc this time to have the best possible f1 experience so guess what although you may not like it my feedback is here to help u develop a good / great game and I genuinely want you to be able to do that and make a game without as many glitches as this.  So please accept my apology for posting in the wrong area but at least I'm still trying to help you achieve what must be your goal.  

Off topic possibly, but definitely related.

If codemasters really want consistent and helpful feedback from customers/willing testers give us a formal bug reporting system, or at least a form where you have to report all of the stuff @jennyannem asks us to post when reporting a bug, this free format forum style approach is not fit for purpose. 

As a software house codemasters must be running a bug reporting and tracking system in the background that we don't see. An open source implementation of such a system is bugzilla. 

I'd hope our public issues make it to this type system and are tracked to resolution, it's probably the lack of visibility of the issues and progress of those issues  that causes the frustration of your customers, and allows issues to be conflated.

I'd also imagine issues raised are prioritised by the developers depending on the effort to resolve and the value of resolving, any way of providing visibility of this with reasoning would be great. I think you'd find people are pretty understanding if they know what is going on with good reasoning for decisions.

I think it works (no DSQ, McLaren 88 using and FFB Bug), but now i have some sound issues, online AND offline and also in the menu....

the beta is unplayable for me, it causes a random audio bug that makes the audio stutter ever 3-5 seconds. It just sounds like i would be tabbing into the game all the time... Tried restarting but didn't help, don't have the problem elsewhere

If you don't already Starter a career, Reset your game setting and so on, career ect World be deleted but it heller me with some bugs.

It didn't DQ us, but it causes blue flags for me right from the start of the race (25%).

Oh and I got an illegal overtake when I hadn't passed anyone.  Immediately after a car crashed in front of me and wrecked me. I then spectatored and saw a car driving around that got hit off the track by another car but there were no cars around him.  So I started recording and then it happened again so I asked the driver who made contact whilst passing had he made contact on his screen and he said there was no car on his screen.  All of these glitches I have reported happened in one race!

Hi Codies,

I tested the online multiplayer and I can confirm that the DSQ bug is fixed.
Thank you for this, please release the patch ASAP! :smile:

Kind regards,
Diederik

Thanks for your help.

Please keep this thread on topic though.  It's purely to talk about a viable fix for the DSQ issue.

The DSQ bug is Not there anymore. The fix work like it shoult like. Also that's Working on all lobbymodes