Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Qualifying with AI is broken

Career mode, Renault, full qualifying, first session. It appears the AI's qualifying lap times are automatically set. I was on my final quali lap around China, the chequered flag was out and I was in 17th place.Behind me on track was Wehrlein, who I saw get massively held up by another AI. As I cross the line to take the chequered flag, I was 3 tenths up, when the results screen appeared, I'd dropped from 17th to 20th and Wehrlein was ahead of me with a quicker lap despite it being impossible for him to have improved. It seems that the AI times are set automatically and not to what their actual lap times are.

This is possible. I'm seeing a lot of times that look very suspicious. Especially when fast forwarding from the garage and at the end of sessions.

Same thing here. Also in the Renault during career mode, but with short qualifying instead and at Australia. Just gonna paste what I posted in The Game Thread from Off-Topic.

I was doing quali for Australia, currently sitting in 7th and crossed the line to start my last lap with around 10 second until the flag dropped. There was no cars behind me on the mini-map, so once I finished my lap no other cars should be able to improve their times. I was still 7th coming out of the final corner, and was 2 tenths up on my previous best, crossed the line and finished... 15th.

Raikkonen on pole had gained 0.6 between me leaving the garage and finishing my fast lap, and Hulkenberg my team mate had gained 0.7. How is this possible when they weren't on track? The only way is with the game generating times.

Yes. Every end of sessions, even Free Practice, I'm suddenly dropped a few positions when it takes me to the results screen.

Weird...

same happened to me. No one left on track with a few seconds to go and then the session ended and all of a sudden loads of people went faster than me somehow.

It is a big problem, Im using one shot qualy as a workaround at the moment, it's the only way AI are setting 'normal' times. I just wish we had the option to spectate the rest of normal qualifying after time runs out instead of skipping to the results with the simulated AI times.

can confirm this too. same for me in career practice / qual melbourne.
looks equal to f1 2010 oder f1 2011, heavliy breaking the immersion.

Same with me. It was like 5 seconds left from Q2, I was sitting in P6. Countdown ended, got to the results screen and suddenly I was dropped to P14. It was very frustrating.

Saw this too. Also the countdown is broken. I came into the pits with about 10 seconds left for q2 and when I was in the garage suddenly the clock is counting down from 2 min. 

And the q2 times are about a second quicker than q3 if you don't participate. It really breaks the immersion.

Hi, same issue for me. Career mode, Renault, full qualifying, first session. I was on my final quali lap around China, the chequered flag was out and I was in 17th place. After that, I'd dropped from 17th to 20th. Suddenly another KI´s 1 second faster than me. 

I restarted the session about 3 times and it did it every single time. This bug makes full or short qualifying sessions pointless really, which is a shame because I enjoy the thrill of pushing like crazy in a slow car to squeeze through to the next session

yeah ai post time out of nowhere also had qualy were half the grid dont post time and AI is way faster in qualy and practice than race i qualy 18th but finish top 5 everytime with sauber they need to fix this

Same thing. P12 in the standings with Kvyat's Toro Rosso, as the timer goes to 0 (no accelerated time whatsoever), then standings come up and I'm P19. I was way ahead of Sainz when it hit 0, and suddenly he's P8 1.4 seconds ahead of me when the standings come up...

EDIT: Luckily I like to start from the back and fight my way forward anyway, but in career it loses you some points in the rivalry challenge, which is what happened above.

Yeah it's quite annoying. What made me laugh though was I went out in q1 so all the other quali sessions were simulated. In the cutscene before the race, it comes up with peoples quali times and the AI car on pole was like 0.800 of a second SLOWER than what I had done in Q1 *facepalm*

Just done a test at Monaco in qualifying lowered the ai level so I could get in Q3 got a little shock ai are 1 second slower then the times they set in Q1 which looks like the times they set in Q1 should be Q3 times 

This def is not right , had loads of occasions I qualified in the top half, and come the race i was Way down the field, this is a fundemental part of the game , and there is no way the game should have been released with this bug, very poor QA

Extreme example:

http://s1292.photobucket.com/user/timsuetens/media/Tech%20Support/F1_2017%202017-08-27%2021-46-56-98_zpsufg5pl0t.jpg.html?o=0

Only Hamilton bested me fair and square. He was 1st and me second. The other AI's were on a hotlap when the time hit zero. The ones still running (backmarkers) were assigned dry times, while the track was wet. It's a bug.

Dropping in to report this also happened to me, shunting me from safely qualifying for Q2 all the way down to 20th position. The way it showed me times in the director after the session made me feel like I was playing 2010 all over again

Dropping in to report this also happened to me, shunting me from safely qualifying for Q2 all the way down to 20th position. The way it showed me times in the director after the session made me feel like I was playing 2010 all over again

I really hope they haven't gone back to the 2010 way of doing things. I just gave up on the series completely whilst they had completely unrealistic and faked qualy times.

2016 seemed almost perfect in this regard so why the hell have they gone so backwards?

The practice and qualy times are just totally out of whack, and don't make sense

This has happened to me twice now, in both Aus and China.
I'm in P9 at the end of a wet Q1 in Aus... then all of a sudden I'm P17.
I'm P8 at the end of a dry Q1 in China... then all of a sudden I'm P16.
How the hell am I supposed to get close to my Quali objective if the game screws me like that?

@jennyannem, is there any word on this problem?

It seems like they've gone back to simulated/made up times like 2010. I hope this is something they can change, as it's bloody annoying.

@jennyannem @Hoo @Lozzy could someone tell us if this is going to be patched or not please?