Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2017 - Bug With Safety Car

TheAngryHobo21

Same here: xbox one, career race 2 (25%), safety car has been deployed in lap 2. When following the car in front, my pace was too slow, my car became a "ghost" and the following cars would overtake (3 or 4 within one single lap). Definitely annoying...
leavea gap to the car infront, so you don't have to break immediately when the car infront goes a little bit slow, so you don't get too slow and ghost, so the cars behind don't overtake you...
it's not a bug, it's just not very intelligent driving following the car infront with a gap of 5-10 meters,,, make it 100-150 meters and you won't have any problems.
I never got overtaken under safetycar, in 2016 it was even possible to overtake AI cars as they went too slow on several tracks on some sections of the lap...
echo321 said:
it's not a bug, it's just not very intelligent driving following the car infront with a gap of 5-10 meters,,,
Got your point, I'll try to keep more distance, might work... but still I don't agree with "it's not a bug". It makes sense to become a ghost once you leave or block the track, but if I just slow down a little I would at least expect a 3-5 seconds tolerance before other cars are allowed to overtake. Especially if you're forced to slow (as it happens right before the restart).
I had a few bugs with the safety car as well.

The safety car was out on the track. Vettel was first, me second and Räikkönen third.
Suddenly Räikkönen goes into ghost mode, drives through me and Vettel and becomes first.
After that Ricciardo (on 4) passes me and when I try to take my place back it says I have to give him the place or I get a penalty.
So apparently AI is allowed to overtake when the safety car is out. 
echo321 said:
leavea gap to the car infront, ...
If I leave a bit of a gap, I am told that I am too far behind SC and you can also got disqualified for that. I am literally forced to be on the back of the car, while during SC restart I am pushed back and I cannot hold/catch the car in front on restart. It is a bug to me as the conditions are not the same between safety car phases. I absolutely hate ghosting in the single player and it should be removed or disabled completely. Am I too close? Ok, I crash. But no 'random' ghosting and losing positions, please.

While I can understand reasons, why it is good in multiplayer, I also hate it, because it is a very unpredictable moment when the car gets ghosted and when not ...  You see a car who spun, gets ghosted and before you drive through, it is no more ghosted and you get a crash. Than why was it ghosted? Why it is not ghosted now? Complete remove of ghosting for dangerous reasons would be IMHO much better, because in my eyes it is much more dangerous right now. The only valid reason for ghosting is AI driven cars for human players in multiplayer.
  • 2 weeks later...
Confirming
Monza, 50%, AI 90 or 91, Xbox One, patch 1.6
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/DJSmiX/video/36455130
I've than flashbacked and tryed to block it, my car became ghost when we get in contact and stay in contact (not a one time hit).

The AI is totally stupid, Ericsson was hitting me from behind all the time behind the safety car and trying to overtake me, but even in race it was the same with all other cars, they try to use a space which is not here and hit you from behind. I've finished that race with 50+ flashbacks, because of it (and I wasn't blocking them) ... The safety car was released because Hamilton was 5 laps driving very slowly and Massa crashed into him, anyway many cars has crashed into him during those 5 laps, many times means at least 6 cars from what I've seen (watching replays only when overtaking him lap by lap - and everytime somebody hit him), and there was a huge crash with 3 cars in one lap on Monza finish line, but no SC deployed at that moments.
And so many bugs everywhere ...

The game is totally unplayable. The worst release I remember.

I have witnessed situations in game that would guarantee a SC in real life, probably even a red flag, but Charlie Whiting must be on holiday.   I  can't remember the last time I saw a SC in 2017. Never seen a red flag. These are key features in F1 and I hope it gets fixed.  SC worked well in 2016.
The being-overtaken during SC and introduction lap is really a major and super annoying issue. It did not occur before P1.06 (Xbox One). I faced it first during the Russia-GP and always end up on P20 whenever the SC comes out. I also got hit from behind many times during the introduction lap until I got "disqualified" which fortunately had no consequences.

Codemasters, please fix it quickly.
  • 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Does the F1 2018 contain the same error with the safety car? Does anyone know and can say something reliable?

I have F1 2017 and today during GP Azerbaijan in Baku I started the session several times because of the safety car. This is the first time I have come across this problem. Such a mistake in this type of game (simulator!) Is really unforgivable.

In the future I will disable this option because it is a waste of time and nerves.

Archived