F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Stewards Inquiry Please

You can hide behind any kind of semantics but your intentions are clear. Please don't insult my intelligence.
My intentions were to see what other people think about the incident. 
Did they think its fair? 
Do they think a penalty should be awarded? 
Could it have been avoided? 
Was there an incident? 

Where did you write this? That you want someone else opinions?

Why do you think I wrote it? 

Obviously I want someone else's opinion, thats why its a "discussion" on an internet forum. 

I already know my opinion..............LMAO

Why do you think I wrote it? 

Obviously I want everyone's justification so when I ram that guy, I don't feel bad. Also, my YouTube channel doesn't get many hits. That's why I post my videos here to boost traffic.

I already know my opinion..............LMAO
Yep.

Poor Verstappen????? LMAO 

He won the race , and got the fastest lap, by 2 seconds if I remember correctly.

When I question his methods, i get a reply saying " your angry because im better than you." 

Reading that reply, just makes me ask, why cant you drive past me cleanly then? 

Im wrong in thinking that am I? 

I have watched that video 3 times now and from my point of view this is what happened, you went into the first corner wrong you didn't get the apex right to set you up correctly for the next corner so when you went around the second corner you were a bit out of shape and losing momentum, the guy behind was very close and it did not appear that he hit you although I did hear a bang but it could have been anyone, as you had lost momentum in that corner that the guy behind you may have had a better exit speed, he did well not to take you out all together, your exit speed was too slow to keep up.

Even if no one had supposedly hit you your low exit speed would have caused you to lose places, that was a racing incident pure and simple, if he intended to hit you he would have done a better job.

That is the problem with the BMW's they have good acceleration but are tail happy in corners, the Cruze is a much better overall car.

I can understand being bumped, and crashed into by people who are NOT as good as me.  I accept that mistakes will happen, due to the varying skill level in online lobbies.  

Being a good racer, I take most nooby knocks in my stride and carry on, not bothered in the slightest. 

But this guy is no NOOB.  He may not be world number 1,  but it doesnt excuse the fact, that he makes contact with my car and spins me sideways, and takes the 1st place, because of it. 

Do you want 1st place that way? 

If he is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good,  then he should be able to pull off a legit overtake,  I dont block people from overtaking me,   I dont hit the back of them as they are apexing a corner.   If I did and they spun out, I'd wait up.   

I dont, and I wont take the place if I hit any place as im attempting to overtake them. (providing this is in a clean lobby)  

He didnt even try and overtake me, I just got hit, and he waves bye bye,  

I wasnt very impressed.   

You ask for opinions and completely ignore my point, you sound as though you believe you are better than anyone but clearly you were on the wrong side of the track for the best racing line and the other guy had a faster turn in and exit, there was bound to be some close racing.

I still believe that even if you hadn't of spun the rear wheels you would have lost places as your exit speed was slower.

Maybe you should read the Dunning Kruger effect, just because you may be high up the leaderboards does not make you a better racer just means that you have played more, I am roughly 300th on PC leaderboards but I can still beat some of the top ten guys.

Here makes some interesting reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

@RWBsupercharger  I agree Im not on the proper line, but I cant be, as the other cars will hit the back of me if I move left and brake for the 1st turn.  

The right turn I slide round, come off the power to stop the slide, then full throttle left, with no slide untill im bumped. 

I love how the video shows that, but everyone see's something different. 

But, the video shows that there was no contact. Can you honestly sit there and tell me that you actually see contact in that video? 

@RWBsupercharger  I agree Im not on the proper line, but I cant be, as the other cars will hit the back of me if I move left and brake for the 1st turn.  

The right turn I slide round, come off the power to stop the slide, then full throttle left, with no slide untill im bumped. 

I love how the video shows that, but everyone see's something different. 

So as you are not on the proper line you will be slower in and out of the corner and that is what the video shows, I don't think he hit you either I think as by your own admission you powered out of the left corner full throttle and lost the back end, any taps that I have seen to a rear end result in scrape marks or slight dents, your car is fully intact as the back end goes.

It looks as though your left rear wheel hit the red and white and it spun as you full throttled out the corner.

I honestly think the contact noise was someone else, do you use a wheel or have a controller with vibration?

Ok, you want an opinion...
You drive a BMW... with no traction control...
now, THIS is what the video actually shows!
During the whole time you see NO contact between you and the car behind. Go into slowmo and watch it frame by frame. The arrows are 'behind' your car, so if he hit you, the arrows must have been 'on' his car, what was not the case.
But here is WHAT I see...
You shift up into third, the revs go down and at 7000rpm your rear tires start to spin.
So, from what I've seen in the video, that was a driving error by you. You were in a corner, on the kerbs (doesn't matter if rear or front tires) and probably didn't go off the throttle enough. I find it more likely that this happened instead of someone hitting you, while the video clearly shows that he barely touched your car's shadow. The sound I hear right in that moment comes most likely from shifting, as it is this usual short 'bang'.

Yes, you may drive that car all the time, but this doesn't exclude that you make a mistake yourself. I even managed to outbrake myself and force the Cruze into a spin. Improbable, but not impossible.
Turning for a corner, accelerating, shifting up AND all that while being on a kerb usually ends up in a spin, if you aren't veery delicate with steering and throttle - especially shifting on kerbs! And from the angle of your front wheels at that time that probably wasn't the case. :D 

So long story short, the video indicates a self-induced driving error with 0,00000% fault of the driver behind.

Turn your sound up,  there is a bang, which is me getting hit in the rear bumper.  Yes im skidding, but im in no danger of spinning untill im bumped.  There is no smoke from my rear wheels untill im hit.   17seconds there is a bang and I go sideways with the smoke coming from my wheels. 

I never said it was big impact, just there is contact and it causes me to spin. :smile: 
Nobody touched you. grow up and stop seeking attention.

Photonik said:
...During the whole time you see NO contact between you and the car behind...
...your rear tires start to spin...
...the video clearly shows that he barely touched your car's shadow...
...Turning for a corner, accelerating, shifting up AND all that while being on a kerb usually ends up in a spin...

I agree. In that video, that's what it looks like to me as well.

Due to the significant possibility of lag, it may have seemed different to you in real-time, and it may also have looked different on other players' screens. We often assume that everyone sees the same thing at the same time in multiplayer lobbies, but lag & netcode can literally paint a different picture of events on every player's screen.

It does not look like you got rammed in that video, but for the sake of civil discussion: if you lost a bit of control & speed through a turn, that still would not give anyone behind you the "right" to ram you - though, in a situation like that, you may get rammed on accident (even if the driver behind you brakes to avoid ramming you, the driver behind them could rear-end them & push them into you)... In a minor & accidental case like that, I don't think any penalties would be served in a real race.

You drove across kerbs and your tires spun after getting too much torque! Both enables the rumbling, too, so it must have been activated in this situation anyway, regardless what else happened.
I explained the sound, the vibration the spinning wheels AND you yourself posted a video that clearly disproves his involvement. 

Yet a another thread where the comments go some way to explaining why the standard of racing online is so poor and why ppl appear to have no manners.

If I ever hit the person in front of me on the first corner of the first lap, from now on instead of apologising for spinning them and wrecking their race, I'll just deny it, blame it on  lag, blame it on them for being on the wrong line or for going to slow.  Maybe I'll just make it standard practice as it seems you lot won't mind if I shove you out the way..... Happy days :)

Yet a another thread where the comments go some way to explaining why the standard of racing online is so poor and why ppl appear to have no manners.

If I ever hit the person in front of me on the first corner of the first lap, from now on instead of apologising for spinning them and wrecking their race, I'll just deny it, blame it on  lag, blame it on them for being on the wrong line or for going to slow.  Maybe I'll just make it standard practice as it seems you lot won't mind if I shove you out the way..... Happy days :)
Many bias. Much singleminded. How tunnelvision. Wow.

It's the entire forum against you and hubby. Why are you two the only people who see something that isn't there?

If you take the wrong line into a corner you will have to expect some accidents as people behind are the ones that have to adjust to your course when they may be on a perfect line and holding a lot more speed and not expect you to mess it up, sometimes there are incidents and I try to avoid people in front as much as possible and I would say in this case the guy behind did a fairly good avoidance manoeuvre to get around without actually ramming him straight off.

Even if I did hit someone who messes it up I would always apologise, no one condones hitting for no reason but in this case there was no contact.

Put it another way in the video the OP is into the first corner and messes it up and there are up to 11 people behind him all taking evasive action because of his cock up, there are bound to be some knocks and bangs as people adjust to a different line.

The votes are in the thread is done, driver error!

Before someone asks, NO, I have nothing better to do and yes, semester break can be pretty boring sometimes.
Now that that is clear... does this look familiar?
http://youtu.be/26HNwjCbsr0
This is no witchery. This is traction control off, good, but not even full steering and just full throttle over the kerbs. As you can see, Fluke & Flukey, I was able to repeat exactly what happened to you 3 times in a row, without even practising and without any other car within range. You even see that stuff in Formula 1, mostly Massa or Maldonado, too insensible on the surface-shift and there goes the back.
Only difference is the missing smoke, I play without as it annoys me.