Sign in to follow this  

Stewards Inquiry Please

Yet a another thread where the comments go some way to explaining why the standard of racing online is so poor and why ppl appear to have no manners.

If I ever hit the person in front of me on the first corner of the first lap, from now on instead of apologising for spinning them and wrecking their race, I'll just deny it, blame it on  lag, blame it on them for being on the wrong line or for going to slow.  Maybe I'll just make it standard practice as it seems you lot won't mind if I shove you out the way..... Happy days :)
If you take the wrong line into a corner you will have to expect some accidents as people behind are the ones that have to adjust to your course when they may be on a perfect line and holding a lot more speed and not expect you to mess it up, sometimes there are incidents and I try to avoid people in front as much as possible and I would say in this case the guy behind did a fairly good avoidance manoeuvre to get around without actually ramming him straight off.

Even if I did hit someone who messes it up I would always apologise, no one condones hitting for no reason but in this case there was no contact.

Put it another way in the video the OP is into the first corner and messes it up and there are up to 11 people behind him all taking evasive action because of his cock up, there are bound to be some knocks and bangs as people adjust to a different line.

The votes are in the thread is done, driver error!
It was the first corner of the first lap.... no one was on the right line.  There was contact, I was in the race and I saw it happen.  It was a small tap but enough to wreck RTA's race.

Speaking more generally first corners are always difficult and I wish ppl would calm down a bit at the start of races. 

@TUSMBOX.... I wish there was an ignore button I could apply to you.... it's fine to disagree with someone but you're just downright rude and seem incapable of mature debate.  If RTA posted a clip of himself getting t-boned off the road you'd find a way to blame him for it.  Conclusion... Just go away.

Watched the video. There was no contact. No scrape on the rear bumper. So what's there to discuss?

All I saw was a driver losing control going flat out over the kerb.

let me make a(nother) point here...

even if there was a touch there, you put it as if someone intentionally bumped into you. you claim that everybody other than you is a bad driver while, like someone has mentioned before, there might've been contact further back and someone got bumped and then bumped into you. does that mean this person is then guilty? if this was a real race, should that guy be penalized with a stop-n-go or loss of points? I don't think so.

the point is that contact happens even in professional motorsports and is more common than you think. in this video, analyzed by at least 10 different people, everybody agrees that nobody has touched you. however, in a different scenario where a touch might actually have happened, it could've been a race incident, not necessarily an intentional collision.

how old are you? 12? you act as a spoiled 12yo kid though. grow up, mate.

Meszes said:

But the guy driving the car that "lost control" says he didnt lose control, and was hit, and the bang thats heard, was the hit.  

I will agree with you there was contact. Even though the video does not really really show it. It is the reaction of your car that I am basing the proof of contact on. But I do not think it was intentional it may have been the player behind you did not have enough time to slow down or under-estimated your speed and hit you. I would have apologized but that is just me.

I am not a Steward usually but in this case I and everyone was else was asked be a Steward so my report I filed to The Head Steward. Was a warning to the driver that hit you. The only reason I say just a "warning" is because the offending driver can say "According to the video presented, I did not make contact with him" Even though he more than likely knows he did hit you.

Although if in fact he did hit you can we tell if the reason for him hitting you is because he was possibly hit from behind too? 

Where did you finish @RTAnoskills‌ and where did the other player finish? 

This thread is exactly why I don't play any racing game online. Full of people who are bad losers and as soon as they lose/make a mistake/both blame everyone else but themselves. I suppose at least Codies methods of making games accessible is attracting the children they are aiming for.

There is visually no contact between anyone in shot in that video. The bang must have come from two cars further behind, maybe the car you are claiming hit you and the car behind/next to them. If that happened in real life, whether it be F1 BTCC or any other motorsport, no investigation would be made because the stewards would take one look at it and see there was no contact, and that it was a mistake from the driver who spun.

I know there are sometimes gaps where from screen to screen it will look different so impossible to 100% tell if there was no contact sometimes, but I don't believe that was the case here. The bang happened as the car behind was falling slightly back. If it was lag then it is impossible to tell if the player behind even knew he hit you or if he thought, like most people that you spun on your own.

From my own experience there was contact, player syncing issue or lag issue was the reason why you cant see it, happens quite often, two screens will show 2 different things....

Would I give a penalty for that incident, no. First corner, there is bound to be some rubbing, squeezing  and bumper action....you were very unfortunate to have a small tap violently affect the car so much. if that happened same corner 2nd lap then yes a penalty.

my verdict.
no penalty but apology would be nice. :)

There you go photonik,  you found it.  

Thats the point I get hit, and the car starts to spin.  
Are you mad? You must be, otherwise I can't imagine how you are able to twist reality that much.
There, I pointed it out for you. This is as close as he gets and there's enough room for at least two big people to get through side by side. This isn't even perspective-corrected, so there's way more room than the picture shows. This isn't even close to being hit and again, he doesn't get closer than that.
Lag isn't really an option either, as that way his car would only be behind his position, not before. But in GAS that isn't a problem anymore, I turned in before people with 200kph with that distance and nothing happened, so with only 80kph this could even be closer. If you did that in GRID1 the car behind would go fly, not here.

RTAnoskills said:
Meszes said:

But the guy driving the car that "lost control" says he didnt lose control, and was hit, and the bang thats heard, was the hit.  
Mad, you're so mad! You state your impression of that situation as a fact, while these are all things you claim that happened but can't proof. And on the same page you blame someone with such a certainty while the video clearly shows otherwise.
I'd really like to dissect your brain to get what's going on in there.

how old are you? 12? you act as a spoiled 12yo kid though. grow up, mate.
The 1st part of your post was fine,  There was no need to stoop to this level.  
Maybe a sign of your own age showing.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgYUVw1xZGA
That video proves nothing at all. Its obvious the car is still getting sideways, but you are expecting it and as a result are doing the natural thing to do, and almost reacting to the slide before it even happens. You didn't do this on the one you actually spun out because you weren't expecting the slide, and couldn't react quick enough. That video does the opposite of what you intended it to in my opinion, and only reinforces the theory that it was a mistake on your part.

Photonik said:
There you go photonik,  you found it.  

Thats the point I get hit, and the car starts to spin.  

Now you need a RED line, straight through the middle of the 2 green lines,   Thats the point of contact.  

HIT BOX on HIT BOX

APR193 said:
That video proves nothing at all. Its obvious the car is still getting sideways, but you are expecting it and as a result are doing the natural thing to do, and almost reacting to the slide before it even happens. You didn't do this on the one you actually spun out because you weren't expecting the slide, and couldn't react quick enough. That video does the opposite of what you intended it to in my opinion, and only reinforces the theory that it was a mistake on your part.
I didnt do it in the original video, because I wasnt expecting to get hit.  I never got chance to exit the corner.   Dont you think I would have just done the natural thing to do in the race? 
In the race video, there is a bang, I got very sideways very quickly, from that bang, then instantly half the power, and full lock to the right.  I dont expect the car to spin out on that kerb, it doesnt do it, unless you do something crazy or you get hit.    I didnt do anything crazy,  as proved by making the corner 3 times in a row, in the 2nd vid.   All 3 times make the car slide a bit, but its never going to just spin out. 

This video shows the car on the kerb, changing gear, and not turning 90 degress to the left, whilst using FULL throttle.  

Bang = spin
No Bang = NO spin. 

You steered and shifted differently in your proof video, so this tells nothing. And in the end it is not about 'can you make the corner clean?', it is about 'can you spin there on your own?'. And I showed you that you can.

To my picture... a hitbox that goes before and after a car so much? Sorry, but that is not the case. If it was, you couldn't visibly hit another car, which I know I did some times. I've driven closer through a corner and nothing happend. That would be impossible with your theory.

But let's assume it actually was a too big hitbox and you were hit by that. How dare you to blame another player for that?! That would be CMs fault.
If I see an obstacle in front, I have to assume that I hit it, when I hit it, not when I'm 1m behind. I know, some games have that, like GranTurismo and it is annoying as hell, coming out of slipstream veery close to the car in front and then bump into the invisible wall. But I've never experienced that in GAS. When I hit something, I can see that I did. The video shows no actual impact, THAT is what matters.
If the car actually hit you, it wasn't the players fault, it was a technical issue that led to that. And then there's no reason to blame another player and no reason for him to apologize. You have to assume that he saw the same as you... and that was you spinning with him being 1m behind you, not 0m!

It's like an invisible man blaming you for running him over, while he waved at you.

Meszes said:

OK, we will take a short break for the jury to reconvene and then we will ask them back in to the court room to offer their verdicts.

Or maybe Verstappen guy got pushed from behind and then hit RTA, so racing incident. Maybe that's why he didnt feel like apologizing.
Sour grapes. RTA probably gets his ass kicked from Verstappen guy on a daily basis.

@fostbitten  I actually gave up, a few corners later,  Because of that contact, I ended up in the noob zone, and couldnt be bothered.   So I retired and rolled a smoke.  

He finished in first,  with the fastest lap.  

I send a polite question, asking him why?  

The reply :  "ok your angry because im better"  

LMAO - No im not angry, it made me tired. 

He could have just said sorry,  but I have to coax a stupid message out of him,  So he clearly wasnt sorry, and didnt care. 

The thing I dont understand is,  If someone is better than the person in fornt of them,  Why cant they just drive past, without causing any issues for the "slower" driver? 

If there is contact, and they make a place because of the contact, how can they consider that to be clean, and fair overtake? 

How can the overtaking player, consider themselves to be better than someone, if they
bump or knock the person off the track, who they claim to be better than? 

If I wack someone out of the way, Im called a dirty racer.   
If someone does it to me,  are they not a dirty racer too?  
Or is it clean, because its me thats getting hit?  (from most of the msgs ive had on xbox, this is the case)

Why is it ok for player X to hit player Y, but not ok for player Y to hit player X? 

OK, so every time a car makes contact in BTCC or WTCC they should be penalised? The pitlane would be a very busy place in that case, and Gordon Shedden, Jason Plato, Matt Neil, and Dave Newsham would be unemployed. And it would be as boring as hell, a bit like this thread.
If you want clinical boring processional racing with endless stewards enquiries and zero contact, go play open wheel. Then you do have a case for complaint if you get hit.
You race tin tops, there's contact and rub, it's a part of touring car racing. 
If it offends you so much PLEASE go and play F1 instead of littering this forum with your inane and tiresome tantrums.

I actually gave up, a few corners later,  Because of that contact, I ended up in the noob zone, and couldnt be bothered.   So I retired and rolled a smoke.
that comment right their shows your 12 year old mentality ,....if i cant win i'm going to " take my toys and going home "
maybe put the weed down and drive a straight line , the stewards should drug test him