Sign in to follow this  

Stewards Inquiry Please

@SASBlink, this was not a racing incident in any part of the World. If in F1 he had crashed on the back of the other car because of that, wouldnt be the guy in front who would get the penalty, believe me, and Martin Brundle would call it a "rookie mistake".
About that corner, I am tired of overtaking there on the inside. The rest is in my 1st post on the subject.

My problem is,  it was unnecessary.   It caused contact on the apex,  I expected him to screw the turn a little quicker than he did, and tried to sweep past on the apex, 

Im not bothered by this, I havnt made a video of me killing him all over the track,  
I asked in here, to see what people say about it.  

If he apex's the turn, where can I go??? I can either follow (prefered choice) or I can try and us the outside, but if use the outside I could srew it myself. (Outside not an option) 

So I dont see why he moves off the racing line, to make a nice corner a very awkward corner. 

you don't need to take the apex on every turn. If someone is in the inside of the turn, you should take the outside.

remember, two bodies cannot occupy the same space at the same time

even if you could've made that turn without breaking, anyone has the right to defend their position in the way they think is best. he moved to the right way before the turn. you should have anticipated that and taken the outside line. the contact there was 100% your fault.

RTA, you should learn to differ between defending and blocking.
Blocking: Constantly changing lines to keep another car behind you, usually on a straight.
Defending: Bringing yourself into a position, so that the backer (is this word right in this context?) doesn't have a clear chance to outbrake you into a croner.

This guy did the latter, defending. Though I have to admit, the way how he did it wasn't very clever. He was way too much on the inside, so he lost momentum through the corner. If you'd seen that, RTA, you could have known he would be slower, get off the gas a little earlier and pass him with much more speed out of the corner. Instead you hit him... and NO, I'm not implying that you did that on purpose, it was just the result! (just to clarify, as I know, you might take on to that :D ) That's what you see constantly in any racing series. One defends, looses too much momentum and the backer passes on the inside after the corner.

I would have done the same in this situation, but not that extreme. I never know how the other players work, so better safe than sorry and get out of their line. It happend to me aswell, that I was close and the guy in front braked early, I hit him and he couldn't take the apex.
Aditionally, if he stayed on the racing line, you'd have had slipstream, would be closer and might have attacked on the inside. THAT thinking is, why you go off the racing line and defend the position into a corner. Not a prime example in this case, but the thought was right. ^^

In the end you should remember that this is a game and maybe 5-10 people having the game might actually have a racing license. So don't expect that everyone knows, that this corner isn't very good for overtaking. What's not true either, I did that several times and not against AI, but mostly cause they missed the apex due to defending poorly, as seen here. :D 

If I loose time by defending really doesn't matter either. In a race I want to get to first or stay first. If it takes twice the time to complete the race doesn't matter, as long as I'm 1st.

@FOSTBITTEN‌ 
I agree with that completely, but at 7:10 it is summed up pretty well. You have to respect each other. On real circuits in real cars that is mostly the case, as everyone knows what's on the line (financially, or your own seat if you f*ck up too much), BUT in a game that respect is hardly present.
If you stick to your line, 80% of all drivers that might be close to you before a corner will have a go and try to outbrake you into the corner, even if it means having contact, taking the other one out, using him as wall, etc. Not only that, they try it in every corner, even if it is totally mad to overtake there. Taking a defensive position early on can spare you all that madness.

I have no problem with both types of drivers ingame, as I understand both positions. And if you're faster, you'll get your way around at a certain point one way or another. Stick to the line and I can outbrake you into a corner sooner or later. Defend much and I'll take advantage of being faster out of the corner, as I can stick to the racing line and watch what you're doing.

At 3:52 is said what I define as good defending. What was done here was bad defending, as he couldn't make the corner. Getting off a bit of the race line, the backer can't make a decent move (as he wouldn't get the corner), but you can get on the race line right before entering the corner.

btw., on youtube, click on 'share' and copy the shortened link to the video (youtu.be....), then simply post it here inline with the text. That way it gets embedded.

and the third edit: :D 
This is a really good video. Everyone should watch it, FROM START TO THE END, not just these 2 or 3 parts. It gives a good, professional view on both sides of the medal. You can't go without it, but you shouldn't overdo it.

@SASBlink, this was not a racing incident in any part of the World. If in F1 he had crashed on the back of the other car because of that, wouldnt be the guy in front who would get the penalty, believe me, and Martin Brundle would call it a "rookie mistake".
About that corner, I am tired of overtaking there on the inside. The rest is in my 1st post on the subject.
Wow.... ok then....Every time i comment someone has to be a ass about something. I think some people need to be reminded of some things!

1, this is not F1, if it was F1 the majority of you would not get to the starting grid due to the insane regulations!
2,Martin Bundle is not here commentating on video games so his opinion  or any other famous persons opinion is  invalid., if they were here I'm sure based on the fact that they are watching a video game I bet their opinions would be highly different.
3, We are not professional highly paid racers. Rookie mistakes happen a lot. sometime you have to put a lot of stuff in the "grey area" between right or wrong or you end up in a endless stupid argument like this.
4, opinions may vary, get used to it.
5, last but not least, be realistic in terms of its  a video game not in terms of actual real life racing, the difference between them both is high, you all know this....

I bored of this now, aint you guys bored of this?

@SASBlink You are wrong overall. I am not going to say much because that would probably only generate a response from you with 10 remarks instead of 5... What you say in your 5 points is not wrong, but you are missing the point of what was being discussed here. Saying this is just a game is a fairy tale for most in this forum and to have trully genuine fun in these kind of games you need to understand the ethics and sportmanship around racing, its not only when you can actually die for real that they matter. And... Well, thats it! ;P

I have no idea how to link a video so it shows up in my post on this tablet, anway pay attention at the 5:30 mark and to Johnny Rutherford's comments at 6:45 and you will see how I feel about this conversation.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnnR6ubhrHg
Why are you showing on the Eibach challenge as No1 with over a minute clear of No2, cheat much??

That was my point with the "racing incident" remark. if you put everything down to " its their fault or his fault" everyone should be disqualified by the end of the race lol, 

I'm not trying to have a argument, im just trying to put a middle ground on the situation where we can all play and race wheel to wheel while respecting each other, knowing accidents, rookie mistakes will happen... it cant get any simple than that.

Im really starting to think this whole conversation is pointless now anyways, as it dont matter what anyone says there will always be someone to disagree with you.... It will always be arguing or blaming..... where is the sportsmanship and ethics you speak of in that? it don't matter if its in game, racing or in the forum, it don't exist when there is arguing and blaming everywhere....

maybe I am missing the point, gone off topic but ah, I'm done being on here, on these forums.....

He is just an attention seeker and 11 pages of waffle confirm he got what he wanted, all of these are minor race incidents not worth talking about but somehow he drags everyone in and tries to beat them into submission to his way of thinking, nothing more than a youtubing troll, DO NOT FEED THE TROLL PEOPLE!

SASBlink said:
I understand where RTA has the issue with this, he does not see this this as a corner where the overtake was possible, he sees it as a corner where they could both go though at high speed together following the line and then one can try to overtake on a easier corner where possible contact was at a minimal. 

@‌Revesburger  
I never said the guy was in the wrong,  I never said it was my fault or his fault. 
I simply asked why move to the inside. 

Like @SASBlink says, I didnt see that corner as an overtake,  I just wanted to snake through that turn, 

@Photonik you said I should have seen what was going to happen.......I did.....as soon as he moves to the inside.  LOL like I said earlier,  I expected him to screw the turn more than he did, my intention was to swoop past him, on his right hand side, 

It didnt annoy me, I didnt take him out,  It just didnt make sense to me. 

@SASBlink correctly states that this guy may have thought that turn a good overtaking turn,  that never occured to me, as I think its a horrible turn to attempt an outside overtake. 

@RWBSUPERCHARGER

I have not written 11 pages.
 You have helped grow this thread, with your constant spam.  
You clearly dont like me or my threads, you are constantly rude or abusive to me personally,  
Now your calling me a TROLL.  LMAO - How would you describe your contributions to this thread?   Helpful? Constructive?  
Your a hypocrite.   
I think you should calm down, and stick to debating the post, (the text actually on the screen - NOT what you imagine to be there) and stop with the insults.   You refer to me as a young child, yet its you who is displaying the childish behaviour. 
If you have nothing constructive to say about the topic, its ok to be silent.   Your not being FORCED to read this thread.....ARE YOU.

Alright, I agree, that was a weird line to take, but given what you saw, you should've been able to EASILY pass him in that corner.

SASBlink said:
I understand where RTA has the issue with this, he does not see this this as a corner where the overtake was possible, he sees it as a corner where they could both go though at high speed together following the line and then one can try to overtake on a easier corner where possible contact was at a minimal. 

@‌Revesburger  
I never said the guy was in the wrong,  I never said it was my fault or his fault. 
I simply asked why move to the inside. 

Like @SASBlink says, I didnt see that corner as an overtake,  I just wanted to snake through that turn, 

@Photonik you said I should have seen what was going to happen.......I did.....as soon as he moves to the inside.  LOL like I said earlier,  I expected him to screw the turn more than he did, my intention was to swoop past him, on his right hand side, 

It didnt annoy me, I didnt take him out,  It just didnt make sense to me. 

@SASBlink correctly states that this guy may have thought that turn a good overtaking turn,  that never occured to me, as I think its a horrible turn to attempt an outside overtake. 

@RWBSUPERCHARGER

I have not written 11 pages.
 You have helped grow this thread, with your constant spam.  
You clearly dont like me or my threads, you are constantly rude or abusive to me personally,  
Now your calling me a TROLL.  LMAO - How would you describe your contributions to this thread?   Helpful? Constructive?  
Your a hypocrite.   
I think you should calm down, and stick to debating the post, (the text actually on the screen - NOT what you imagine to be there) and stop with the insults.   You refer to me as a young child, yet its you who is displaying the childish behaviour. 
If you have nothing constructive to say about the topic, its ok to be silent.   Your not being FORCED to read this thread.....ARE YOU.

I actually started with constructive writing which you duly ignore to inflate the thread even more.

I don't know you, how could I not like you, I don't judge people and I have not been rude or abusive to you (show me abusive?)

I got bored after you keep posting up minor incidents just to inflate the thread and your 'oh so pro' driving skills (sarcasm).

I don't troll I just say it as I see it and as numerous others have said the same but you choose to ignore constructive criticism if it does not fall into your paradigm. (look that one up).

Show me where I refer to you as a young child? You certainly do act like one with your ranting, entitled much?? 

I am always calm and I do not insult, where are the insults? saying you are a youtuber is not an insult it is a fact.

You also say read the text not what I think is there, have numerous people not said that you were not hit in the first page but you still ignore what has been written...who is the hypocrite?

Grow up and grow a pair and get on with the racing not the whining about it not being a perfect race everytime you hit the tarmac, the world does not revolve around your driving skills my boy, we do not live in a perfect world you know, maybe get out and see some sun and you will realise this.

I call you boy btw as I am probably old enough to be your father, so pipe down son!

@flowaangelz, just wanted to get it out there that we had some pro racing tonight and there was no youtube rewind  needed, good racing and it is a shame we couldn't educate these boys!

I am always calm and I do not insult, where are the insults? 
Quote from your previous comment.
Does your mommy not cuddle you enough?
This evidence seems to contradict what you say.....
Your attempt to take the moral high ground is quite futile and lacks any credibility, so please explain to us again in more detail about "how you do not insult people?" :wink: 
And if you claim that this was a not insult please explain your reasoning behind saying it and explain why it was not an insult, if you can?

xxx

Funny that... when Mad Dad and Mickey13 hit the back of RTA's car in earlier examples of poor driving, most people on here were saying it was RTA's fault lol :)

I have no idea how to link a video so it shows up in my post on this tablet, anway pay attention at the 5:30 mark and to Johnny Rutherford's comments at 6:45 and you will see how I feel about this conversation.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnnR6ubhrHg
Why are you showing on the Eibach challenge as No1 with over a minute clear of No2, cheat much??
Fostbitten is on xbox... get you're facts straight before you publicly accuse people of cheating.

racrguy66 said:
@revesburger‌  what  changed from page 1 to page 11 that made you side with rts? Page 1 you are saying his fault this page its not? Did you grow another another brain/mouth to change so drastically? I am sticking to my opinion that if EVERYBODY is not seeing what he said was a hit then EVERYBODY surely cant be the wrong ones. Thats a direct quote from his post.
I'm not on his side. Never been, never will.

the difference from page 1 to page 11 is what I'm commenting on. on page 1, he spun by himself. now, I'm commenting on the fact that he can't see the difference between defensive line and blocking. makes sense?

Fostbitten is on xbox... get you're facts straight before you publicly accuse people of cheating.
Well when I looked it was showing his time on PC, must be a messed up webpage, no offence.

SASBlink said:

I am always calm and I do not insult, where are the insults? 
Quote from your previous comment.
Does your mommy not cuddle you enough?
This evidence seems to contradict what you say.....
Your attempt to take the moral high ground is quite futile and lacks any credibility, so please explain to us again in more detail about "how you do not insult people?" :wink: 
And if you claim that this was a not insult please explain your reasoning behind saying it and explain why it was not an insult, if you can?

xxx

Don't really see where you are coming from there son, I get a cuddle off my mom at least once a week and she is in her 70's, makes me feel loved so that I don't have to go attention seeking.
While we are on the subject I think it is really cute that you and Noskills are having this 'Bromance' together, it really shows people that there is some love left in this world!

@flowaangelz, just wanted to get it out there that we had some pro racing tonight and there was no youtube rewind  needed, good racing and it is a shame we couldn't educate these boys!
Yeah. Nice racing with you RWB guys.Next time i'll make some YT movies so RTA knows how to race;)

HOLY CRAP!!!! Is it still on there? I gotta go look it up and screen capture it! I had no idea I was even mentioned on here about this! And yes I play on Xbox, so it is on the PC board? I am not insulted by you calling me a cheat. I am insutled that you would think if I was a cheat that  would do it by a full minute! Now if the time stands do I win? 

Also this should assure everybody that everything thing will be just fine with this challenge too!  ;)