Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xbox one f1 2017 voice command

westie13 said:
can you use voice commands via headset to talk to engineer. If so how is this done 
http://www.en.magicgameworld.com/f1-2017-list-of-voice-commands/

Please mark as solved

There are three different answers posted...Yes, No, and Yes but only with Kinect. I suspect two of these are wrong.  Does Codemasters read these questions/comments and provide a reliable answer?

It's only with Kinect headsets, same as last year. They answered this in another thread. (Don't blame CM for this restriction; Microsoft are the ones who decide which voice APIs to optimise for in-game usage...)

It's only with Kinect headsets, same as last year. They answered this in another thread. (Don't blame CM for this restriction; Microsoft are the ones who decide which voice APIs to optimise for in-game usage...)

what is a Kinect headset ?

so can I use my headset for listening and use the Kinect for voice commands, I will have to by a Kinect so want to know if it will work before I buy one

thank you

Suddenly to speak to my engineer rather than scroll through menus at 200mph, I’ve got to buy a £40 adaptor because I own an XBox 1 X? Ridiculous. Totally spoiled all the great improvements. It’s hard to notice the beautiful 4K graphics when you’re binning into a wall then having the double penalty of losing your No Rewinds reward.

Bit gutted to say the least

I remember the complaints too when S launched and adaptor needed. I've a day one and connect will swap for your One X  :*

tdurbo said:
Suddenly to speak to my engineer rather than scroll through menus at 200mph, I’ve got to buy a £40 adaptor because I own an XBox 1 X? Ridiculous. Totally spoiled all the great improvements. It’s hard to notice the beautiful 4K graphics when you’re binning into a wall then having the double penalty of losing your No Rewinds reward
Totally agreed with you. It’s a very annoying thing can’t use a normal headset with controller.
To Play in the better way to this game wth Xbox One X it should buy:
- wheel with pedal ( bought!)
- Playseat ( not yet bought but I’ll do)
- Kinect 
- kinect adopter