Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Difficulty spike at Monaco

Has anyone else noticed a difficulty spike at Monaco as it seems much harder this year for some reason. I admit I struggle at Monaco but this is a bit ridiculous as even on a bad weekend I'm usually at least on the same pace as the backmarkers this year the cars seem to be 9 seconds a lap faster than me. It feels like they're powered by rockets not proper engines. Was just wondering whether anyone else noticed this.

Has anyone else noticed a difficulty spike at Monaco as it seems much harder this year for some reason. I admit I struggle at Monaco but this is a bit ridiculous as even on a bad weekend I'm usually at least on the same pace as the backmarkers this year the cars seem to be 9 seconds a lap faster than me. It feels like they're powered by rockets not proper engines. Was just wondering whether anyone else noticed this.

Nope - I'm faster than ever before at Monaco - maybe you just aren't as good as you think or and should consider turning the difficuilty down there.

rabbitbAJ said:maybe you just aren't as good as you think or and should consider turning the difficuilty down there.

Damn that's harsh.
My problem track was always Australia. You running the McHonda? And are they way faster in the race or mainly practice / qualifying?

FRACTURED said:
rabbitbAJ said:maybe you just aren't as good as you think or and should consider turning the difficuilty down there.

Damn that's harsh.
My problem track was always Australia. You running the McHonda? And are they way faster in the race or mainly practice / qualifying?

You can class it as harsh if you like but it is a true factor - it is within a week of the game being released many people will have made mistakes with chosing the correct difficuilty - I did but in the end I found a tactic to make sure the AI is challenging but within reaching distance.

rabbitbAJ said:

Nope - I'm faster than ever before at Monaco - maybe you just aren't as good as you think or and should consider turning the difficuilty down there.
I was actually using the same difficulty as I had for the other tracks in the game

rabbitbAJ said:

I was actually using the same difficulty as I had for the other tracks in the game
My advice covers that
rabbitbAJ said:

should consider turning the difficuilty down there.

There referring specificialy to the track of Monaco

Monaco may feel harder as the cars are wider this year maybe? I know that the closeness of the barriers there does effect my 'nerve' as it were. I wonder if I too will be slow there this year.

yeah. i would say one of my fav is bahrain.. dont know why just feels so normal for me. i hate china. never liked that big first corner 

Yes I do believe it's harder but once you get into the groove you should be quicker than last year. Took me a while but I'm so much quicker round there now and it's a pleasure to drive the track 

Oh I am terrible on Monaco with a pad. I leave one of my tires at a corner every lap. It takes twice as long with flashbacks. This year it is a little more easy to drive though.

Monaco may feel harder as the cars are wider this year maybe? I know that the closeness of the barriers there does effect my 'nerve' as it were. I wonder if I too will be slow there this year.

Possibly I was just comparing itto the other tracks in the game as it just feels much hardre this year compared with the previous years CM have done it. I admit Monaco has never been a good track to me but the difficulty level seems much higher this year compared with the other tracks in the game. In previous years the difficulty felt a bit moer balanced so I kind of let it go. This year it feels like the difficulty of Monaco has spiked. That's all I was saying.

Oh and thank you @rabbitbAJ but I'd already figured that much out before you said anything.

Maybe a change in perspective is to blame? Like the barriers seem closer or the corners tighter even though they aren't? Even a tiny shift in persepctive can make a huge difference to how people perceive something, e.g. a road near where I live is quite wide and straight and cars used to drive way too fast down it, a few months ago the council put in some traffic islands that in no way restricted the lanes just made the road appear narrower and now people drive much slower! 

I know when I am rallying (badly) that if there are trees or fences near the road I slow down even if the turn has the same radius as a previous one in an open area that I would have taken much faster.

Even so there may be an issue with the AI laptimes not scaling with the difficulty slider?

australia is easy as it comes. love the track
I wouldn't say that as Australia's one of the tracks I also struggle with (though I did win first time out there on 2017) not as much as Monaco though. My strongest tracks are Bahrain Abu Dhabi and Canada. For me Singapore is somewhere in the middle in that sometimes I get a good race there sometimes I don't. It is a bit easier now that they ditched that Singapore sling chicane they had when the track was first brought in.

In Career mode, Monaco for me is so much harder than all the previous tracks... even with maximum downforce I have to brake incredibly early to make the first corner!   I gave it a shot in Time Trial mode and it is significantly easier than in Career mode.
So now I think that because of the extra wear bug (that is now fixed), my car's worn parts are what is making Monaco so difficult.

To me Monaco is  the hardest race, I can't get  competitive mostly on the massenet and tabac curve part

For me Monaco was by far the easiest track. BUT it was mainly cus of wet qualy, as the AI's cant drive around there at all in the wet. was same condition through whole qualy, and ended up P3 with Sauber on 110% difficulty. And only have one FW upgrade. So for the wet, the AI's have to be looked into. spesialy S2 they was nowhere near pace, they was bad in S3 as well. I even beat Ericsson by 2.9 sec in qual. 
The race in the dry was totaly different, but start from P2 with track possission gave a good result, but to say how my pace realy was in the race in dry is almost impossible, as al I realy noticed was that I held up everyone, but my fastest lap was 1 sec faster then Ericsson, even though he did 3 stops and I did 2 stops, and I only used mix 2. 

A other thing I noticed was that almost whole grid got penalties for the race, as I started P2, and Ericsson that qualed 20th, started 9th, so that probably helped me with my result as well.

I agree on Monaco. It's way harder than it should compared to Baku and Singapore. Actually the thing i hate about Monaco is the force feedback that makes it unplayable.

Force feedback in Monaco seems way off...