Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Difficulty spike at Monaco

To me monaco is easy, because its my favorite track. Every game that has monaco in it i drive it first to get a feel of handling of car. (i do this with monaco and nordschleife).

Ffb on monaco is different thanks to track surface. You can feel its a road track. Try driving Canada after it, youl be amazed at how smooth thr track and is and the lack of ffb thanks to road surface.

It is harder, but not by that much. The AI is incompetent when lapping or being lapped, and outside of turn 1 and Tabac it's also slow, especially in the chicanes. I lapped everyone other than Bottas (came within 5s of lapping the entire field) in the Haas on 110%.

The track massively exposes the problems with the game's handling and FFB though. It's a huge downgrade from 2016. It was at least a tiny bit fun in qualifying there, but now it's just 78 laps of extreme boredom. and that's not because of the added downforce of this year's cars. The exaggerated bumpiness only makes it more tedious.

true ,

my best is singapore which is odd

cant do Monaco always crash 
Same for me. I love Singapore, just a lot of fun to drive.
I too really struggled at Monaco. Driving a Williams, which has terrible downforce and Chassis, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Time Trial at Singapore I managed something like 1:41.300 no assists. I know I can probably shave about 3 secs off that with more practice though.

Monaco is ridiculous. I play on 80 difficulty and in Mercedes I always get too three (often pole). On Monaco after spending 4 times as long practicing I was last by over a second. It's really annoying. I don't want to change the difficulty settings just for the one track. It's been to hard in every codemarsters game I've played. People always complain every year. I don't know why they don't just turn down the AI there.

1henryw said:
Monaco is ridiculous. I play on 80 difficulty and in Mercedes I always get too three (often pole). On Monaco after spending 4 times as long practicing I was last by over a second. It's really annoying. I don't want to change the difficulty settings just for the one track. It's been to hard in every codemarsters game I've played. People always complain every year. I don't know why they don't just turn down the AI there.
I think it's because it seems even trickier this year to some because of the new cars I'm finding it harder than usual myself which was why I set up this thread to gage how others felt. I wasn't having a go at CM about it. I knew what the answer was being just drop the difficulty down when doing that race as that's what I'm doing now. I'm still struggling a bit but nowhere near as much now that I've found a better level to race at. TBH I just treat it as my throwaway race in that I just do it get it over with and move onto the next one. Thankfully the next one being Canada is one of my strongest and my favourite so it's easily forgotten after that.

I'm do exactly the same. Canada is also my strongest track. It shouldn't have to be like that tho. I always just want to get Monaco over with whereas on other f1 games like gp4 I really enjoyed it

Monaco is one of my best tracks. Its also my most favorite to drive. I always try out monaco with ervery new racing game (if they game has it) to get a feel of the handling of the game.