Jump to content Jump to content

F1 2013 Broke My Heart. Can Next Gen 2014 Mend It?

First. I was happy to find Codemasters forums are back up. Congrats!

**This turned into a novelette, but the short read is that FF issues on F1 2013 made the game unplayable on the Playstation for me. I haven't been without F1 for over a decade and I'm going through withdrawals. Please get the next gen PS4 version right!!!

The long read... As a background, I own all of the Codemasters F1 games back to 2010, and was bitten by the F1 console bug originally on the NES. I use a Playseats Evolution rig, with a Logitech G25, and a Buttkicker. I've raced in leagues as far back as ToCa 3 on the PS2, and F1/GT5 leagues on the PS3. My racing ID back then was Z-MANIA, but I don't remember my Code M password... and I've changed internet providers since then.

F1 2012 had force feedback issues with the Logitech, but I was able to dial them out through the settings. It was irritating that a couple of races later, between qualification sessions, everything would reset to zero, but that was not a game breaker for me. There were lots of issues with the game, but none of them prevented me from playing the holy heck out of this game.

F1 2013 had all of the same issues as 2012, but I couldn't dial out the feed back cutting out mid corner. That was a game breaker for me.  I was on the old forums creating threads, and responding to each Playstation FF thread, trying to keep the issue in the forefront. I bought it on release day, and 29 days later, there still wasn't an acknowledgement that there was a problem. Maybe you finally fixed it, maybe you never did, but the forums were no longer there for me to find out. 3 phone calls to Sony, and 3 different supervisors, before I finally got one to give me my $74US back.

GT5 was a blast, but GT6 is a drag. Without a new F1 game to play, I have a huge racing fix to fill. If anyone from CM reads this super long read, please get the FF right on the PS4 with a Logitech racing wheel. I really want to race F1 on the next gen. but the last 2 renditions have made me cautious. The AI should be more aggressive defending their lines, but the AI that everyone complained about made passing more interesting. All of the other issues that the game had were not deal breakers for me. Force feedback, or lack there of.... is.

Thank you,
Zedoriah, AKA Z-MANIA, AKA Ferd Berfel
I own F1 2013 on both the Xbox 360 and the PC. I play both each with (different) wheels. What I've found is the console version the FF cuts out mid turn. On the PC however, it's there the entire time. In fact, on the PC I find the FF is gradual going into and out of corners. It's absolutely beautiful to play like that. I know exactly where my grip is and exactly when to keep turning or unturn on exit.
And..... There it is. It appears as though it was never fixed, and my decision to get out while I still could was the correct one.

With a PC, one can use the Logitech Profiler to dial out the issue, but that option isn't available for PS3.. maybe with PS4? I started online way back, with GTR2 for PC, but sadly, I just don't have the disposable cash to keep up with hard drives, video & sound card upgrades. When the PS2 went online, I was all over that, and never looked back.

Folks on the old forums said the the FF issue was the same on the Xbox, but I see guys on YouTube racing in leagues with the Xbox. They don't appear to be cutting out mid corner, and have steering lock? 

In any case...CM has had the FF messed up since 2012, and everybody else has got it right (or at least close to right). F1 is the pinnacle of racing technology, and machines... and deserves a game that can bring that reality (virtually) to it's biggest fans.

I bit the bullet and got a PS4. I'm ready to be wowed CM!! Bring it home!!
  • 1 month later...
I use a fanatec CSR and have never had an issue on 360. Maybe it's because I have altered the settings on the wheel itself?

That does sound like an annoying issue though. Hope it gets resolved.

Ditto Fanatec CSR on Xbox. No problem at all. And got some wheel settings that someone posted on the old discussion board that made it even better! I don't own a PS3 so can't test the wheel unfortunately.
I use a fanatec CSR and have never had an issue on 360. Maybe it's because I have altered the settings on the wheel itself?

That does sound like an annoying issue though. Hope it gets resolved.

Ditto Fanatec CSR on Xbox. No problem at all. And got some wheel settings that someone posted on the old discussion board that made it even better! I don't own a PS3 so can't test the wheel unfortunately.