Sign in to follow this  

The intel challenge winner have been announced..... WOW.

I understand that those of you here who came in second and 3rd feel cheated and rightfully so if indeed you know for certain that those who placed ahead of you actually wall rid and how could you be certain?  Given every single previous codemasters game which had bathhurst you could wall ride the same corners CM had to know that people would exploit it.

Steve, yes they said I came in 3rd. I sent CM a message explaining the situation on how Germany is not eligible CLEARLY THEY ARE NOT!

Yeh it's a joke mate, funny how we never get any answers on this forum! Let me know if you hear anything mate.

Steve, yes they said I came in 3rd. I sent CM a message explaining the situation on how Germany is not eligible CLEARLY THEY ARE NOT!

Yeh it's a joke mate, funny how we never get any answers on this forum! Let me know if you hear anything mate.
Ya funny how @loore never responds to the community . *sarcasm* 

Ya funny how @loore never responds to the community . *sarcasm* 

Honestly, what could he possibly say?

I was responding to him saying nobody ever gets back with questions asked which imo @loore has been pretty right on top of things.
Not when Intel Challenge is concerned, we seem to get zero response! There was a few of us asking all week about, wall riding, did it get a response? NO 
So now it's finished i asked the questionSTEVE182rs said:
@NASCARfan88jr so was you placed 3rd mate? what was your prize? surly we should be 1st and 2nd as the top two aren't eligible. If not who has won the PC and Tablet?? i think CM are having us over!
@Loore  @Justbiglee can you shed any light on this for us please?
with no response! 
again @Loore and @Justbiglee can you shed any light on this for us please?

Sorry to say, but wallriding was present in GRID 2's Rockstar Challenge as well (However, I won Weeks 1 & 4 on Algarve and Okutama, respectively, and those have no wallrides). I would've won this Intel Challenge without it (PC version), but unfortunately, my friend who got 2nd was getting ridiculous times 3 seconds above mine on Week 2. He wouldn't tell me what he was doing, so I just had to experiment, and surely enough, it was the wallride that got his time.

Trust me, I don't feel so good myself about wallriding for the win, but when it's going to happen, and it's not seen as "cheating" in the sense of hacking, etc etc, it had to happen. Honestly, even though it's one of my least favorite quotes in existence, it really applies here. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Especially when you're fighting for a friggin' $879 computer.

I didnt even set a time in the second race of the intel challenge, I knew exactly how things would turn out with these chumps at CM overseeing things.

Codemasters couldnt organise a pregnancy in a sperm bank, why does anyone think they could organise a fair competition?

When the event was announced, they actually had Classic Touring on Okutama for Week 2, and the whole event was themed as Time Trial (The actual solo time trial they later introduced into the game, not the Time Attack where the AI still exists). If they kept everything as advertised before the event began, it would've been fine.

But they didn't.

*EDIT* Actually, it was Classic Touring with a map of Okutama but the track name said "Bathurst". It could've been either or, which is kinda confusing. GG CM

The annoying thing here is we've all been lied to and treated like idiots.

We pay good money for your games and DLC, yet you treat us like this? Telling us you're going to check all over the lap times and remove any suspect looking ones? Yeah, like **** you have.

I'll move back to Project Cars, where you actually get a reply from the people on the forum who make the game. Codemasters should be ashamed of themselves, with all the money and staff they have available, they still can't listen to the community who enable them to work in their Jobs.

They say the game industry is struggling? It's no wonder if you treat your customers like this.

But they did. There were a couple of hackers on the PC leaderboard that were removed. Wallriding isn't necessarily cheating. Yes, it's a cheap move, but it's taking advantage of the physics within the game. Everything done was legitimate, whether or not you can argue that wallriding is cheating. At that rate, you might as well consider hitting the AI as cheating.

The real big problem that I think is the cause of the bad feelings is the fact that when CM were asked if wall riding was allowed,  they just failed to give a straight yes or no answer.  

This lead to some people thinking, do it, and others believing if they do wall ride, their time wont count.  

All it needed was a simple yes or no,  then everyone could have had a fair chance.  

The real big problem that I think is the cause of the bad feelings is the fact that when CM were asked if wall riding was allowed,  they just failed to give a straight yes or no answer.  

This lead to some people thinking, do it, and others believing if they do wall ride, their time wont count.  

All it needed was a simple yes or no,  then everyone could have had a fair chance.  
Totally agreed.

i have been racing cm games since toca 2 so ya, I was aware that you could wallride the walls at bathhurst just like every other iteration of codemasters racing games.

Just got my email said i finished 4th but it should be 2nd as the top two was NOT eligible!

said i won a pair of headphones, 2nd should be the tablet!

Who was the top 2?

@NWRCharger‌  I know how you feel... Hard to live in this generation with no honor.
Lamers, cheaters, hackers and liars are ruling the world. In game as in real life.
Times where winning the hard way and where others had respect for the winner are gone, now it's all about flashing his name at the top no matter what it involve.
You do have MY respect for the times you did, it may not worth as much $$$ as what wall grinders won but it's from a had way player to a hard way winner.
Take care.

Zalex

MrDeap said:
Just got my email said i finished 4th but it should be 2nd as the top two was NOT eligible!

said i won a pair of headphones, 2nd should be the tablet!

Who was the top 2?
Replay and Svenos but they was from GERMANY  so wasn't eligible. so NASCAR should be 1st and i should be 2nd. 
We have sent emails, but no reply!