Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 - 2017 Audio bug after new patch

ScrapieTV said:
I'm rly asking myself if Codemasters even reads their own bug forum... :/ atleast a response that they are looking into it would be good...

They are, but I think today's patch is a "we are doing something" response.

They're never going to kill all bugs in one patch so this is your response.

I just wonder why fixing a DSQ bug introduces an audio bug, unless the programmer has been given the wrong build to 'fix'.

ScrapieTV said:
I'm rly asking myself if Codemasters even reads their own bug forum... :/ atleast a response that they are looking into it would be good...

I just wonder why fixing a DSQ bug introduces an audio bug, unless the programmer has been given the wrong build to 'fix'.

If it was the correct build and this is all they've done then the code structure must be like a house of cards, poorly structured and highly interwoven.

Clearly speculation, but without explanation of the reason behind this sort of happening, what other conclusion could we draw from it.

ScrapieTV said:

If it was the correct build and this is all they've done then the code structure must be like a house of cards, poorly structured and highly interwoven.

Clearly speculation, but without explanation of the reason behind this sort of happening, what other conclusion could we draw from it.
I think they used the wrong version of the game to update from... clearly isn't F1 2017... or 2016... it kinda reminds me of 2013... but I just hope they decide to actually fix this one properly. Whether it is sooner or later. The trend Codies have with regards to Patches tends to be fix a few things that have broken, show willing for a couple of patches and then cut support to start the next game.

Exact same problem. Game audio is now far too irritating to play the game. Everything was fine before today's patch. :(

Is it just me or are others wondering how bad the game coding must be if a patch to fix an online bug kills the games sound? After this game i request that codemasters now be renamed codeamateurs. 

Just in case this bug won't get fixed any more: is there a boxed version of the game available that can be installed and played offline without getting messed up by the patch? Or does the boxed version only contain a steam code for downloading the game? BTW I uninstalled my steam version of the game, downloaded it again and started it in steam offline mode. I hoped that the downloaded game files would be still 1.3 but unfortunately they allready are 1.4, too :(

Oddly my sound is fine after the patch on PC - did Russia career mode (100%), and no sound issues occurred.

What could the reason for that be?

No idea what went wrong with the patch. I seems to me that this problem is directly connected to playing (certain?) sound files and not a general performance issue with "random" stuttering that also affects the sound. The reason why I believe this is the following repeatable situation: I start in career mode a trainig session in Melbourne and stay in the garage without doing anything. Every time when the stadium commentator begins or finishes an announcement there is this distinctive sound stuttering introduced with 1.4. It is no random or regular crackling as it is always synchronous with the spoken statements that vary in length. Can You confirm this observation?

Indeed unbearable, I had been playing through the weekend, before the patch, and everything was just perfect, now, really really impossible to drive. I tried updating my drivers, tried using my headphones only, then different speakers, even ended tasks on my pc thinking it might be some other issue, I'm relieved, in a way, to see it's related to the patch, but at the same time hoping it can get solved soon. I am tempted to share the feeling of Gazaka101, I really hope CM has become a bit more caring about its community. 

Same issue for me aswell after patch. Game runs fluently, but i have sound stuttering every once in a while. I have tested Australia with the modern cars. But when i played with the 2008 Mclaren on Bahrain there was none. I will test all the tracks and post updates.
My specs are: 
- Amd Phenom II X4 925 2,8,
- 8 giga Ram
- Nvidia GTX 750 ti OC 2 gb. 

dohaf1 said:
No idea what went wrong with the patch. I seems to me that this problem is directly connected to playing (certain?) sound files and not a general performance issue with "random" stuttering that also affects the sound. The reason why I believe this is the following repeatable situation: I start in career mode a trainig session in Melbourne and stay in the garage without doing anything. Every time when the stadium commentator begins or finishes an announcement there is this distinctive sound stuttering introduced with 1.4. It is no random or regular crackling as it is always synchronous with the spoken statements that vary in length. Can You confirm this observation?

Here is a video capture that demonstrates the fact that the sound crackling is connected to playing certain sound files as described above:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLQ2JcCuJ9M

Well it can't be hard to fix, as the patch was small and wasn't overly extensive as it was to do with MP, yet they seemed to balls up the whole sound totally throughout the game.  

Same here, after 1.4 patch... happens on track no matter the mode. Again, so annoying I don't even want to play it right now. Please fix asap.

Is this just a PC only issue as I have not seen reports from any PS4 players so far. I'm on Xbox so have not had the patch yet but if it does screw it up I may just play offline and not update until this thing is resolved.

I had this issue in the test-patch (1.4). Now as it rolled out yesterday i didn't have it any more - don't understand because it should be the same patch as the "test-patch" - but when the engineer is speaking there i've sound issues yet.

Just found a workaround to make the game playable again!!!
Make a backup of the following file: bank_memory_map.xml in folder ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\F1 2017\audio.
Then edit the file with notepad and remove the following line:

<Mapping bank="environments" pool="f1_persistent" gamestate="Persistent" />

When You start a race You will miss some "environments" sound like the stadium commentator - but the crackling is gone! So the game is playable again and You still have the important sound feedback.
Attention: this is just the result of a very short test. It could be that the missing audio could cause the game to crash under certain circumstances. And maybe more lines have to be removed to get rid of the crackling. Further testing has to be done. Please report Your experiences!

fischi284 said:
I had this issue in the test-patch (1.4). Now as it rolled out yesterday i didn't have it any more - don't understand because it should be the same patch as the "test-patch" - but when the engineer is speaking there i've sound issues yet.
It makes a subtle difference. The beta was pronounced drop outs for me, the actual patch has glitches (bg music jumping or not stopping when exiting menus, the dropouts and 'popping' can be found in the benchmark and TT more easily). It's like sound driver latency in-game.

Some people are finding that Jeff asks people to repeat audio commands when they gave none.

Same thing for me on PC. Haven't tested all tracks but so far only happens at Australia track in time trial and multiplayer.

Hi,
it's just Melbourne. And it is not a stutter but a sound interrupt every 5-7 seconds. No matter Which camera setting. New installation does not help. The error is only since Patch 1.4 on PC. Can someone confirm this with Melbourne?

Hi all,

As DSQ in multiplayer was an issue that affected you all, we prioritised this over everything else. We are aware of the audio stuttering on PC and are investigating, with a view to fixing this as soon as possible.

I took the time to test all tracks with different cars. Audio stuttering on Australia, Azerbaijan, Britain full + short. Platform PC, time trial. 

For anyone wondering, V 1.04 dropped on PS4 but my audio still works fine. Sorry PC guys but I guess you can still be the master race ;)
Hope you get it fixed soon though