Sign in to follow this  

First cockpit view screenshot

Just thought I'd share this- it was posted by Caterham on twitter. Looks a lot better! https://twitter.com/CaterhamF1/status/510703056066187264

I hate the way the Perspective is so far back in the cockpit, makes the cockpit look 3 metres long. It would be much better if the seating position was portrayed lower with the steering wheel much closer to your vision. Looks like your staring through a tunnel here when in reality the drivers are cocooned in like a glove

MUZZARIOL said:
I hate the way the Perspective is so far back in the cockpit, makes the cockpit look 3 metres long. It would be much better if the seating position was portrayed lower with the steering wheel much closer to your vision.
If they did that you wouldn't be able to see the mirrors though. 

If you can't see your mirrors, you can't see your mirrors.  What's more important is getting the FOV right because it determines your ability to accurately judge distance, speed, cornering etc.   A lot of people on iRacing with single monitors can't see their side mirrors, but iRacing does have a virtual mirror to make up for it.

it isnt the first cockpit screenshot:

this pic was posted on august 29th on a japanese site: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201408/29059828.html

p.s.: the cockpit on this screenshot looks way better than the first one, maybe because of the setup they used in their simulator which makes it look distorted...

Looks way too high..

Also, same HUD.. Despite completely new engine/power train where focus is on power harvesting and fuel conservation.

the graphics on the TV coverage give more information for Joe normal sitting at home watching it. 
We are expected to be experiencing driving these things in a racing game...
Its funny Codemasters say they won use the FOM HUD because "its an interactive game, not built from the spectator POV. We require different elements".. 

That argument becomes completely void when the FOM one provides more information in an easy to read, aesthetically pleasing, and much more informative manner.

Why is the PoV so much higher in the second shot? The first one with Ericsson is pretty much spot-on, and it's not the different screen aspect ratio making it look lower - look how much more of the tops of the wheels you can see in the Japanese shot. I'm guessing they have this option in the dev build because they know a real F1 driver will call them out on a ridiculously high driving position, but sadly I doubt we'll get a choice in-game.

MUZZARIOL said:
Its funny Codemasters say they won use the FOM HUD because "its an interactive game, not built from the spectator POV. We require different elements".. 
And that wasn't what @Hatta told us most recently about why they don't use the FOM HUD anyway...

MUZZARIOL said:
And that wasn't what @Hatta told us most recently about why they don't use the FOM HUD anyway...
Exactly. 

Hatta said "we've approached FOM about this. Its not possible right now", Steve Hood said what I originally commented, and a couple years ago some Codemasters official who went by the name T4NRG or something like that said the hardware was too old and couldnt process it.

How many times do the fanboys need to be lied to before they pull their heads out of the sand?

MUZZARIOL said:
MUZZARIOL said:
Exactly. 

Hatta said "we've approached FOM about this. Its not possible right now", Steve Hood said what I originally commented, and a couple years ago some Codemasters official who went by the name T4NRG or something like that said the hardware was too old and couldnt process it.

How many times do the fanboys need to be lied to before they pull their heads out of the sand?
You mean T4RG4? Thats Steve Hood I believe.