Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport

JOVELZAD0 said:
The game seems promissing! I have 1 question though: Will it have changes on the weather? Like rain, snow, cloudy days? And do you have the option to change between Day/Night times? That'd be awesome in my opinion. Great job CM!
No weather this time around.

You can choose day or night in a custom race, for career it'll be pre-set racing championships.

I wanted to know if we are going to unlock cars (like in Grid 2) or we will have to buy them. I think it's better to buy them.
And by the way, will the teammate always have the same car as the player or will we be able to choose which car he'll be driving before each race? I found it weird for him to always have the same car as you when you can only buy it once...

@Oscar97

Depends entirely on whether your in single player or multiplayer.

For single player you're racing in teams, different teams will have different cars (which you can see before joining them). Team mate will be in a specific car too.

Online, you have access to every car in the game from the moment you go online. You can choose to buy a car if you particularly like it which will open up a few more options for you.

Edit: guys, I need some sleep I'll be back tomorrow AM to answer any other questions you have. Feel free to set up a Q&A thread or something and we'll take it from there :)

I like the way you have all cars unlocked from the begining online. There won't be players driving Ageras while you only have a SLR this time.

Oscar97 said:
I like the way you have all cars unlocked from the begining online. There won't be players driving Ageras while you only have a SLR this time.
Yup, exactly. Is a great example of how your feedback from GRID 2 helped shape Autosport :)

Good day, Loore.

I have a couple of questions on Grid Autosports so far:

1) From the press videos so far, it feels like the AI only uses 3 different unique cars from a class. For example, in the Eurogamer video, Touring Cars, it is known that there are 4 unique cars in Touring class but I could only spot 3 unique cars in the race where the BMW 320i is missing completely. Will the AI use every unique car from a single class?

2) The car DLC implementation in Grid 2 isnt really well implemented such as the AI will never use any of the DLC cars while some classes, like the SCCA touring cars in Tier 3 are somehow classified to race with classic Group A touring cars, both Nissan R32 and Ford Sierra. This breaks the immersion as both are fairly different vehicles from different eras of motorsports. Even in Grid 1, there were issues where the AI doesnt use all the available cars from the class, instead it just pick one car and literally the whole grid is filled with Lamborghini Gallardo. Will DLC implementation for AI drivers be better in Autosports?

3) Speaking on the AI's driving, I find Grid 2's AI to be a bit too aggressive. Will it be tone down in Autosports?

Great looking game so far. I am genuinely surprised with the fantastic announcements.

I like the idea of a new GRID game and I'm somewhat excited about the new features, but in all honesty I am very disappointed in the decision to make the handling more like GRID 1. I know I'm in the minority but I really really REALLY loved the way the cars handled in GRID 2.

I hope this game does not take too many players away from the online GRID 2 community. I still would like to drift around in the game with fellow GRID 2 fans even after GRID Autosport is released :(

Loore said:
JOVELZAD0 said:
The game seems promissing! I have 1 question though: Will it have changes on the weather? Like rain, snow, cloudy days? And do you have the option to change between Day/Night times? That'd be awesome in my opinion. Great job CM!
No weather

You can choose day or night in a custom race, for career it'll be pre-set racing championships.
It would be nice to have rainny tracks, but that's good enough for me! Can't wait to play it! :)

Cheers for the quick reply Loore!

In the screenshot where a lot of Ravenwest cars are gathered up on Indianapolis Speedway's main straight, I noticed a large absence of Prototypes. Is Autosport going for a more 'club racing' feel than the original GRID, with a strong emphasis on national motorsports rather than globe-trotting, or is there far more than meets the eye?
@Loore: I'm still quite curious about the sort of motorsports emphasis there will be for Autosport.

@Cheesenium

1) The press stuff was just a small glimpse at the game, is a really small sub-section of content on display. Yes, the AI will be able to use every available car in a class. If' there's 8 cars in a 'class' then there's no reason why the AI won't use every single one of them.

2) Too early to talk about DLC but we've heard the feedback from GRID 2 :)

3) AI has had a lot of work done to it, it's now more discipline specific. So, for example, Touring Car AI is a agressive where as Open Wheel are all about precision etc.

@scarl3td3vil

I'm not sure I 100% understand the question? In terms of motorsports we've got a lot of real world circuits in there, we've also got a lot of cars from a number of real world championships, BTCC and WTCC being two from the Touring discipline. The cars cover a lot of different classes and we'll be going into more detail as we get closer to launch.

The key art image that you're talking about is just a small selection of cars that are in the game :)

Thank you, Loore. Have a good night.

OT: Any updates on the Dirt 3 port to full Steamworks? I bought Dirt 3 Gold and I couldnt activate my DLC cars till today.

Thnx for the reply Loore, 

The return of circuit drifting has brought it up from a maybe to a serious contender for the spare few quid lying among the dust and moths hidin in my wallet (or the sofa whichever has the most cash in it lol).

Preorder seen here
http://www.game.co.uk/en/grid-autosport-black-edition-only-at-game-292203?catGroupId=

a
ChokDK said:
Preorder seen here
http://www.game.co.uk/en/grid-autosport-black-edition-only-at-game-292203?catGroupId=

already ordered at Amazon

From http://canadianonlinegamers.com/feature/grid-autosport-hands-on-preview/ :
"When we got our hands on the game, we were able to play three of the categories on three separate courses
and the differences in handling and feel was apparent immediately.
When we got our hands on the game we were able to play three of the categories on three separate courses and the differences in handling and feel was apparent immediately. - See more at: http://canadianonlinegamers.com/feature/grid-autosport-hands-on-preview/#sthash.CEZZqCMC.dpuf
When we got our hands on the game we were able to play three of the categories on three separate courses and the differences in handling and feel was apparent immediately. - See more at: http://canadianonlinegamers.com/feature/grid-autosport-hands-on-preview/#sthash.CEZZqCMC.dpuf
"

What about using this premade part as early Access?

Definitely going to have try this myself before I buy it. The arrogance CM displayed prior to the GRID 2 release destroyed all trust I had with them. This "apology" means nothing. They should have listened to us in the first place about GRID 2 instead of carrying on with whatever they felt like doing. This just proves that GRID 2 was just the exact failure we all said it would be.

I'm happy they are moving back in the right direction, but I'm not buying into this until I've seen for myself that they aren't going screw their fans over again.

No offense CM. But on this one, I'm definitely gonna "try before I buy" if you get what I mean. I loved GRID1, bought it multiple times for friends and family members, So you've gotten alot of my money. I was extremely disappointed with the release of GRID2. You did not get my money for that. If GAS is as good as you say it is... Then you'll definitely get my full money, and probably multiple times as well.. Please do not fuck this one up

Can't wait! The graphics look awesome and I have been hearing good things about his game.
same thing here CM definitely seem top be msaking all the right noises anyway about it. I just hope it plays as well as it looks on my system and they haven't screwed up the difficulties like they did with Grid 1 or F1 2013

i have some questions about multiplayer @loore (very important side of the game). 

-1 there is spectate mode from lobby ?
-2 please streaming text chat soon as possible (as i read there is not text chat)
- 3 nothing more people splitted by steam download region settings
- 4 a long custom lobby list
-5  show the name and flag of racers on the track
- 6 there are best lap times ? 
- 7 all car the same online, is possible set option like disable tuning and upgrades into lobby to have all car exaclty the same ?
-8 there is a complete racing stats on player panel option ?
- 9 there is a damage HUD ?
- 10 is possible to have a search button option to find specific racers into a lobby ?
- 11 a grid1 democratic old style kick vote  or host fascism like grid2 ?
. 12 collision settings like grid1, on, off(ghost), or forward.

i have some questions about multiplayer @loore (very important side of the game). 

-2 please streaming text chat soon as possible (as i read there is not text chat)
- 7 all car the same online, is possible set option like disable tuning and upgrades into lobby to have all car exaclty the same ?
- 10 is possible to have a search button option to find specific racers into a lobby ?
1) Not as of now
2) We're looking into it
3) This is something we'll be talking to Steam about
4) More details on the custom lobby stuff soon
5) Yes
6) Yes
7) Each car is going to be slightly different, but we are balancing everything.
7b) Yes, you can turn upgrades off in the lobby
8) Not sure what you mean? We're planning on full driver stats on RaceNet
9) Yes, it's also been improved. You'll see the assist lights next to it which actually work. For example when ABS kicks in the light will flash. UI for that area of the screen is looking great, I love the odometer!
10) Please see #4
11) Please see #4
12) Believe so yes

Sounds like the lobby is a work in progress.  At least I hope it is with spectator and (text) chat mode currently MIA.  With regards to spectator mode, it sometimes used to make as much entertainment watching as it was to drive.  Without it, the lobbies become a never ending cycle of people joining...waiting....getting bored...leaving.  Same useful purpose for text chat too.

Loore said:

1) Not as of now
2) We're looking into it
3) This is something we'll be talking to Steam about
4) More details on the custom lobby stuff soon
5) Yes
6) Yes
7) Each car is going to be slightly different, but we are balancing everything.
7b) Yes, you can turn upgrades off in the lobby
8) Not sure what you mean? We're planning on full driver stats on RaceNet
9) Yes, it's also been improved. You'll see the assist lights next to it which actually work. For example when ABS kicks in the light will flash. UI for that area of the screen is looking great, I love the odometer!
10) Please see #4
11) Please see #4
12) Believe so yes
okay, thanks for answer, i had to admit cm is trying to make everything okay (their best as possible),
as i can see this grid autosport born directly from grid2 but with the right cards.
And an eye always on community, i'm sure will be the right road to do well.

Online lobby have too much dead times and there is always the feeling to be trapped.
Voice must be mute, is noise race and listen other people and language, so thats why text chat
as grid1 was the best option.
Then everyone want can use mic and voice (teamspeak or steam).

Spectate mode from lobby avoid waiting dead time and allow people to watch and join already started race, and with text chat
is a must.

This 2 feature are too much important for online, otherwise happen like grid2, i join a custom lobby, there are lot of minutes before to start, mute off for everyone and start to stare a lobby windows. Thats break online experience and turn a game online into and half mute waiting, thats is one of the reason to the online fail of grid2, was really really boredom join lobby and custom list !!!