F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport

An update:

• Kicking – It depends on the Lobby. In Playlists it’s down to a vote, in Custom Cup it’s down to the Host.
  • Voice Chat – The behaviour is the same as in GRID 2, post-Community Patch. Players can choose different channels to join via a menu in the Lobby, which includes a “None” channel if you don’t want to hear any voice chat. PC has native support for Push to Talk.
  • Automatic Only - This won't be an option sorry

Loore said:
An update:

• Kicking – It depends on the Lobby. In Playlists it’s down to a vote, in Custom Cup it’s down to the Host.
  • Voice Chat – The behaviour is the same as in GRID 2, post-Community Patch. Players can choose different channels to join via a menu in the Lobby, which includes a “None” channel if you don’t want to hear any voice chat. PC has native support for Push to Talk.
automatic only what mean ?

Loore said:
An update:

You can't force a lobby into 'automatic only', however you can do it for manual.

I have a feeling that spectator mode is not going to be in Grid Autosport for whatever reason (possibly the consoles stretched to capacity already with other included things).  If this turns out to be the case and you don't add it to the pc version, then at the very least you need to include a race progress lap countdown to give us an idea how long we have to wait to join.

Loore said:
Loore said:
An update:

You can't force a lobby into 'automatic only', however you can do it for manual.
okay, another curiosity, all stuff that ruined grid2 online like track-cut penalties slowdown and flashbacks online... tell me that things are disabled please 

i would like to know soon as possible if this 2 option there are chance to be implemented into the game... 
as i understand is ready everything was already ready into grid2 plus your current work to create the new content for grid-autosport... other things as i can see must be done from scratch... for this 2 things of online experience i think can worth it :)  
-text chat
-spectate mode from lobby

I have a feeling that spectator mode is not going to be in Grid Autosport for whatever reason (possibly the consoles stretched to capacity already with other included things).  If this turns out to be the case and you don't add it to the pc version, then at the very least you need to include a race progress lap countdown to give us an idea how long we have to wait to join.
spectator mode/text chat was into grid1 big part of online experience, to watch other gamestyle, wait and chat...
i think is a must have.
I really like the grid autosport ideas and the potential fun we can have... 
but to make a preorder must be all right since the "paper" features,
and thats why all my question, so at now,  
I will wait 1-2weeks after the launch to see if our old grid game is back..  

Loore said:

@Goonertez

2] Can all cars be accessed in multiplayer from the get-go...or will they need to be unlocked somehow first? All cars are available from the start, you can then buy them to get more options (tuning, upgrades etc). More on this in the coming weeks.

Regarding your comment here....this might be hinting at micro-transactions i dont know....can you confirm if there will be any micro-transactions of any kind in GAS?

Or it it a one time purchase kinda game?

I think it means that you can race any car, but if you want to own it, you can purchase it through in-game cash earned from races, which will allow you to tune and upgrade it.

So unless I'm reading that wrong (probably), there will be an uneven mix of stock and highly tuned cars racing against each other.  I was hoping for a simple level playing field

@Goonertez 

There are no micro transactions in the game, you buy cars with in game currency that you earn via racing and not any external means.

@FlashStealth

You can turn these off in the options if you wish of your custom lobby. We are currently looking in the possibility of text chat, this is in no means a 'yes' but it's not a 'no' either. Spectate mode is unlikely at this time I'm afraid.

yes, simple level playing field online is what we want, no doubt they will say , there is an option to turn it off, shouldn't be allowed in the first place.

i hate this whole idea of tuning cars, everyone wants stock, no tuning, so all cars are the same online.

It doesn't bother me too much as I'll probably spend most of my time in custom lobbies with it turned off, but I preferred it in G1 with no upgrades

Loore said:

@Goonertez

3] Before release, do you plan any streams covering 'boring' in game functions such as how the multiplayer lobby functions? I'm currently looking into some Live stream stuff. What would you like to see?

well, aside from all the glitz and glamour streams of you test driving the game against 'the wheel' etc, i would personally like to see how the multiplayer  lobby works with such details included as:

how i choose a server
how servers are grouped
how many servers i can see
are servers scrollable, searchable, filter-able [is that even a word?]
from the lobby, what server options are visible to me
how are servers named.

A good lobby experience means i can choose my game server with a reasonable amount of confidence its going to suit my requirements.
my requirements of a perfect server would be:

its collision fwd
voice chat is off
its 5-10 laps
damage is on
tuning is disabled
all gears are allowed
Its touring car exclusive
it has 3-5 rounds

oh...and the ability to choose a car if i join the server while its in progress is really REALLY nice
and the ability to MUTE voice if i join a server while its in progress is really....nono...REALLY REALLY nice.
chat would be rather cool.

if i joined a server and some of these options were not as so, i would leave..some i could handle so i would stay.
But it would be really really annoying to...

join an existing server thats already into a race.
wait for that race to finish [how excruciatingly boring]
next race starts and im in some default car
voice is on [and i cant turn it off]
gears are auto only
damage is off
alt-f4
repeat the above 2-3 times
uninstall the game
feel stupid

8D

So there are no pitstops.. how do we have to deal with damage then? Will be really frustrating especially in endurance races.

VDG said:
So there are no pitstops.. how do we have to deal with damage then? Will be really frustrating especially in endurance races.
It's about managing your damage and the strategy you employ to get you home.

Ok, thanks for the answer. Better stay out of trouble then ;)

So far so good, i only hope that the spectate mode comes to in the lobby.

Iam a smoker and i realy enyoy watching other people driving

\m/

Regarding gthe PC version, will there be a demo or benchmark software before release?

Text chat should be a must for all kind of games (hint: also in F1 games!) :)

Goonertez said:

join an existing server thats already into a race.
wait for that race to finish [how excruciatingly boring]
next race starts and im in some default car
voice is on [and i cant turn it off]
gears are auto only
damage is off
alt-f4
repeat the above 2-3 times
uninstall the game
feel stupid

8D

thats describe perfectly grid2 online experience, and explain why after 4months was desert...
I hope grid-autosport online will be better, otherwise there is a risk to ruin a really great potential grid sequel.

Balb0wa said:
yes, simple level playing field online is what we want, no doubt they will say , there is an option to turn it off, shouldn't be allowed in the first place.

i hate this whole idea of tuning cars, everyone wants stock, no tuning, so all cars are the same online.
Agree.  The only variable online racing needs is a choice of car within a discipline to have cars with different strengths and weaknesses...eg cornering or straight line speed and general handling - this worked pretty well in Dirt 2 landrush.  Its ok saying the host has an on/off option, but at quiet times, that's going to drastically reduce the choice of servers for everyone preferring it on or off.  Just my feedback anyway.  . 

One thing that would be really nice for matchmaking for custom online events/servers could be to show the player what lobby they're connecting to, and its settings. Then the game should ask "Join this server? Yes/No" and the player makes his/her choice accordingly.

Agree with the guys that said about text chat and spectating mode are necessary..
I had so much fun in grid 1 online watching my friends to fight for the win , the accidents beteween players commenting them in text chat  or watching the fatal crashes in derby mode!!
It was one of the funniest part of grid 1 this Loore!
You must push them team to add these 2 feature !!
In formula 2013 i have , there is spectating mode when you are in lobby!
And why is so hard to be added text chat man!! I have bought so many cheap - low budged productions - bad - old games on steam games that inludes a proper text chat system , why can not do it a high experienced , big's productions and high quality games company like codemaster's??I really can not understand why we can not have exactly what we had in Grid 1 about it...
:-B
and something else about replays , plz we want grid 1 and formula series pure motorsport style replays , than Grid's 2 and Dirt's 3 cinematic style...lol
:-j

and something else about replays , plz we want grid 1 and formula series pure motorsport style replays , than Grid's 2 and Dirt's 3 cinematic style...lol
:-j
I'd disagree with GRID 1's replays being purely motorsport replays; there's a lot of 'zapping' and shots more typical to Days of Thunder or RUSH rather than a broadcast of a race on national television.

Otherwise I'm 100% with you here.