DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport

If there's no spectate mode, maybe add a "training" mode you automatically start when joining a lobby in which people are already racing. This would be kind of a time trial mode. Still better than nothing.

It might have already been asked but I'm not bothered t read through the whole thread  , but in the video posted by Eurogamer the AI seemed a bit chaotic like the original Grid. Is that what you're aiming for or is it just an early version ?

It might have already been asked but I'm not bothered t read through the whole thread  , but in the video posted by Eurogamer the AI seemed a bit chaotic like the original Grid. Is that what you're aiming for or is it just an early version ?
AI still being tweaked. As to how they drive it all depends on what discipline you are racing in, Touring AI will drive more agressive and Open Wheel etc

@Loore

When is it planned for us to see all 22 locations listed?.  I don't mean 'we'll be talking about....', I mean just a full list plain and simple :)

ta

@Loore

When is it planned for us to see all 22 locations listed?.  I don't mean 'we'll be talking about....', I mean just a full list plain and simple :)

ta
The final list will be close to launch. We'll be talking about locations every week so you'll start to get the picture pretty soon.

@Loore

you guys are still working on the quality of the interior of the car?  because the videos presented show a poor quality inside cars. 

Loore said:
You can turn these off in the options if you wish of your custom lobby. We are currently looking in the possibility of text chat, this is in no means a 'yes' but it's not a 'no' either. Spectate mode is unlikely at this time I'm afraid.
That's really disappointing tbh :(. There's really nothing to do while waiting in a lobby so people get bored and you have no idea how far along the race they've gotten so people just leave, and then maybe get placed into the same game again as some1 else mentioned.
Loore said:
@Maskus 

Will Mitsubishi be available in this one?  No specifics right now for cars more will be revealed in the coming weeks :)

Will there be a Day/Night/Dusk option on all of the maps? Not all Maps, a significant amount though.

Will there be a Weather option?  Afraid not
Hmm ok, thx for the quick reply! :)

Loore said:
@Loore

ta
The final list will be close to launch. We'll be talking about locations every week so you'll start to get the picture pretty soon.
Has Lavaland returned?

yes at least if there is not spactaing mode , just its good to be shown the number of laps remain to finish the race..( or the time left if it is endurance , drift mode etc)

:-w erhmm... I've promised a friend that there will be Le Mans track in GRID Autosport...
If it's not in already, can you please make a decision to very fast implement it?
:-??
:-t

Check the vid Loore posted, I swear there are a couple of 2 second shots of Le Mans @ 0:49 and 1:14 is of the 1st corner, 

@ 0:49 it's night and the view is looking back from the 1st corner to the start/finish line and the grandstands as a bunch of cars roar past (theres a big Firestone banner on one of the stands opposite the camera in the background)

@ 1:14 it's getting dark and the view is across/along the track but much closer to the start and you can see the same firestone banner as @ 0:49.

Course I could be wrong but as they seem to be the only night evening shots. Have another look and see what you think.
Loore said:
Here you go, feedback on a post card please!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5RIoJgfQJg

Blog Article - http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/04/introducing-grid-autosport/

@Loore

you guys are still working on the quality of the interior of the car?  because the videos presented show a poor quality inside cars.

I thought the helmet cam with depth of field (blurry interiors) worked really well in the videos to allow you concentrate on the road and cars ahead, giving a better sense of realism like when you're driving your road car at home.  No doubt you'll get an option to turn it off though as with optical gun sights in modern shooters?

Reiterate +1 default muted voice chat, and +1 text chat.

And we're off again :D

I'll be buying the game for the single player as even though Grid 2 had its problems, most of which were in online play, I definitely got my monies worth out of the single player.

Very good to hear that single player is basically returning to Grid 1's format as Grid 2's story/career mode was very dull.

But the big elephant in the room that no one has really touched on yet is the online mp.

I'd really like to know what has been done to address all the issues of Grid 2's mp.

For me the Playlist really needs to have as default.

NO FLASHBACKS!!!!

Forward collisions only

No extreme collisions when 2 cars 'appear' to barely touch each other causing the car behind to spin out or the car in front rammed 100 meters forward, which was one of the main reasons Grid 2 failed online.

Damage on (but I can live with damage off)

Mini tournaments/events based on one car class, same as Grid 1

No inappropriate car classes on inappropriate tracks, ie Grid 2's tier 4 cars in tight narrow street circuits.

No tuned cars, we want an even playing field, rather than being out raced by the minority who know how to tune their cars better than us mere mortals / non petrol heads :D

No corner cutting penalties, instead use off track obstacles to stop players cutting corners or drastically slow the car down when it drives over grass/gravel etc, just like Grid 1.

End of screen stats to include
Current WR
Best Lap
Personal Best indicator against each player for all to see

A return of Grid 1's Time Trial, none of that silly Time Attack nonsense.

Looking at the video on my smartphone it's hard to know whether the overall speed has been toned down towards Grid 1 levels rather than Grid 2's almost F-Zero X speed. We want true wheel to wheel racing where we are not spinning out at the slightest touch or being rammed off the track at every corner none of which was helped by the full on arcade extreme speed of the cars.

The major complaints on the old Grid 2 forum were

No cockpit view - fixed
DLC mess - fixed
Handling - fixed
Online Ram fest - ???

PS Where's Captain Granddad Jack :D He did have a (cynical) way of looking through all the PR talk even if he got a little bit too obsessed with it all at times!!

PPS Hello MiatakiasGR :D

Will there be an "Any Car on Any Track"-option in the game for Single Player ans Split Screen? So I can Drive with an Veyron or LMP2 on San Francisco maybe?

Will there be preview-pictures of the full car and maybe my custom livery in the preview? I always find it cumbersome to pick my car for the race when choosing my car by only the front-tires. Maybe most people don't care, but I often choose a car spontaneous due to the look of a livery.
-> It would be pretty cool, when the game takes in-game-screen-shots of your current custom-livery and adds it to the car-selection-screen. so you can instantly see the car and you custom-livery on the selection-screen. That would be really cool.

Can my AI-partner in the Career level up together with me or is it hire-and-fire like in GRID 1? May be an odd question, but he would be more likeable. In Grid 1 the partner was always like "I don't care". In Dirt 2 it was rather cool, that they had some personality.

Will some cars be limited to one mode like "drift" ? It always annoyed me on GRID 1 that I couldn't use a Subaru on standard races.

It would be cool btw, if some future installments og GRID or DiRT would have a coop-campaign - or that it would be possible to play the singleplayer-campaign in coop, too. I always wondered why there are no racing games like that.

Cap's already put in (most) of his (politely eloquent) thoughts :)

I agree with most of what you suggest but I liked having corner cut penalties when it worked but got p****d off with people avoiding the penalty zone entirely e.g Redbull ring 2nd corner sooo many people ran wide on the grass till just after the end of the kerbs and never got penalised. 

If you HAVE to include penalties please be aware of the malicious idiots who ram people off track to force a penalty on you
 in order to get past. if this happens i,e, you are NOT responsible for the "off" penalise the idiot behind as well or instead.

Running on the greenery needs to be seriously slower than the tarmac, it was ALWAYS this way in Grid 1, better yet, don't just lower acceleration but make it NO acceleration whatsoever till they return to the blackstuff.

NO FLASHBACKS!!!!

No tuned cars, we want an even playing field, rather than being out raced by the minority who know how to tune their cars better than us mere mortals / non petrol heads :D

No corner cutting penalties, instead use off track obstacles to stop players cutting corners or drastically slow the car down when it drives over grass/gravel etc, just like Grid 1.

Current WR
Best Lap

No cockpit view - fixed
DLC mess - fixed
Handling - fixed
Online Ram fest - ???

agree, very important !!

And we're off again :D

I'll be buying the game for the single player as even though Grid 2 had its problems, most of which were in online play, I definitely got my monies worth out of the single player.

Very good to hear that single player is basically returning to Grid 1's format as Grid 2's story/career mode was very dull.

But the big elephant in the room that no one has really touched on yet is the online mp.

I'd really like to know what has been done to address all the issues of Grid 2's mp.

For me the Playlist really needs to have as default.

NO FLASHBACKS!!!!

Forward collisions only

No extreme collisions when 2 cars 'appear' to barely touch each other causing the car behind to spin out or the car in front rammed 100 meters forward, which was one of the main reasons Grid 2 failed online.

Damage on (but I can live with damage off)

No inappropriate car classes on inappropriate tracks, ie Grid 2's tier 4 cars in tight narrow street circuits.

Current WR
Best Lap

Looking at the video on my smartphone it's hard to know whether the overall speed has been toned down towards Grid 1 levels rather than Grid 2's almost F-Zero X speed. We want true wheel to wheel racing where we are not spinning out at the slightest touch or being rammed off the track at every corner none of which was helped by the full on arcade extreme speed of the cars.

The major complaints on the old Grid 2 forum were

No cockpit view - fixed
DLC mess - fixed
Handling - fixed
Online Ram fest - ???

PS Where's Captain Granddad Jack :D He did have a (cynical) way of looking through all the PR talk even if he got a little bit too obsessed with it all at times!!

PPS Hello MiatakiasGR :D
woulf think they'll leave the flashback system as is tbh as it's a good system and people do use it especaially casual/novice players I know I certainly do anyway

I have already posted this in the thread named "A face to Ravenwest's name" but why not here too?
With only 10 teams being featured why not include teams in DLC packs with some cars? Perhaps a "Race Driver" pack which includes drivers from past games. The Mckane brothers and James Randall/Nick Landers (make sure he is very aggressive!) Throw in some classic Race Driver cars too. Maybe the BTCC Lexus which is the first proper car you drive in ToCA Race Driver? And the Dodge Viper Randall drives.

about penalty system i prefer the flag system that toca 3 and f1 series use than grid's 2 one..
Hello my friend WORKHORSE!! How are you??
:-h

Haha, I was gonna mention the colours! Yes I am well my friend, hope you are too. Looks like we may have our true sequel this time round. Looking forward to all the lively chat on the new forum as I can see a lot of the old members are already here, hello to you all :)

Wrong again lol!
Ahh but it was nice of you to "guess" anyway :)
If this game doesn't have it (Le Mans), with night runs/endurance - then which?
Loore said something about LMP style cars.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Mans_Prototype ;)