Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport

Well, well, well..

I didn't realise the forum was back. And I only found out about Grid Autosport today.

I bet you have all missed me haven't you.
:))

Especially you, Loore.

Reading back through the thread...

I see that no demo is planned. I can only conclude that you do not have confidence in your game. If your game is a great game then a number one priority would be to get as many people playing a demo as possible.

Nobody who got stung with grid 2 is going to buy grid autosport without trying it first.

How can a company strive so hard and get 95% of everything right and let that other 5% relegate the game to mediocre, at best? Upon the latest news, I feel that's what we are going to get with Grid:  Autosport.

Toca:  "The game allows, and sometimes requires, pit stops during which cars can get new tires, fuel, and repairs." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOCA_Race_Driver_3

Grid Autosport:  No pitstops. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=109056267&postcount=100

What game can seriously call itself "a more authentic racing game" without pitstops?

Without them, tire wear is virtually meaningless and you can't have any real damage model.

Too bad Codemasters just can't get out of their own way, because I think they have demonstrated they have the talent and the knowledge to make a truly authentic, broad-based racer for the console.
Balb0wa said:
"In fact, there are more circuits in GRID: Autosport than there are in Race Driver: GRID and GRID 2 combined " praise the lord
Thank you. It does sound great. Sounds like it had everything.

How can a company strive so hard and get 95% of everything right and let that other 5% relegate the game to mediocre, at best? Upon the latest news, I feel that's what we are going to get with Grid: Autosport.

Toca: "The game allows, and sometimes requires, pit stops during which cars can get new tires, fuel, and repairs." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOCA_Race_Driver_3

Grid Autosport: No pitstops. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=109056267&postcount=100

What game can seriously call itself "a more authentic racing game" without pitstops?

Without them, tire wear is virtually meaningless and you can't have any real damage model.

Too bad Codemasters just can't get out of their own way, because I think they have demonstrated they have the talent and the knowledge to make a truly authentic, broad-based racer for the console.

@Loore

Can you explain a bit how the 5 disciplines are presented within the game, percentage wise?  Is the main focus on the Touring discipline? Are we talking about 25 % or 40 % of the content? Or are all the disciplines equally devided?

Will there also be a possibillity to take pictures during replays?

Cap's already put in (most) of his (politely eloquent) thoughts :)

I agree with most of what you suggest but I liked having corner cut penalties when it worked but got p****d off with people avoiding the penalty zone entirely e.g Redbull ring 2nd corner sooo many people ran wide on the grass till just after the end of the kerbs and never got penalised. 

If you HAVE to include penalties please be aware of the malicious idiots who ram people off track to force a penalty on you
 in order to get past. if this happens i,e, you are NOT responsible for the "off" penalise the idiot behind as well or instead.

Running on the greenery needs to be seriously slower than the tarmac, it was ALWAYS this way in Grid 1, better yet, don't just lower acceleration but make it NO acceleration whatsoever till they return to the blackstuff.

Yep, if they implement corner cutting penalties properly this time round then I'm all for it but Grid 2 was a bit broken and as you say getting rammed by idiots and getting a corner cut penalty was not the way to do it. 

Hopefully our cars wont be catapulted forward when the car behind rams us, but Grid 1 still done it better though there were a few corner cuts that were never fixed, for the most part Codemasters made sure there were off track obstacles to stop most of them or made it a high risk strategy as in Grid 1's Spa race circuit at the Les Combes where you could gain a huge advantage by cutting the corner but if you misjudged it you lost a lot of time.

And yes I have been browsing the new forum since I found out about it yesterday and I see ol cap is definitely in fine form ;)

i would like pitstops too some times but because mainly i am online player and i like more sort races between 3-5 laps (so no pitstops) is not a big problem for me..Grid 1 has not pitstops too but it was very good with competitive races...if you seek a good racing game with pitstops , you have to wait until november for project cars..:)

as well as i would like a flag's penalty system like this of formula 1 series or toca 3 , with notification's flags , too severe lvl or less , +seconds in the end of race , and not like this of grid 2..

i would like pitstops too some times but because mainly i am online player and i like more sort races between 3-5 laps (so no pitstops) is not a big problem for me.
Your post just made me think of something.  I personally think a 3 to 5 lap race only encourages recklessness and too many 1st corner pile ups.  With that in mind......

@Loore

What will be the maximum number of laps allowable in MP?.

ta

and yeh i agree. pretty stupid not bringin a demo out for this seeing as grid 2 was a big flop and no demo either. i wont be rushing out to buy this or preordering it.. you really need to release demos with games like this. not just think you can blag us off with txt and videos

i would like pitstops too some times but because mainly i am online player and i like more sort races between 3-5 laps (so no pitstops) is not a big problem for me.
Your post just made me think of something.  I personally think a 3 to 5 lap race only encourages recklessness and too many 1st corner pile ups.  With that in mind......

@Loore

What will be the maximum number of laps allowable in MP?.

ta
20 laps max I read somewhere

Early Access would really be a good point for this game.
I actually never bought GRID (I thought it was all about sliding) but GRID A really looks like a great game.

However, reading of all those who (kinda) dissliked GRID 2, and remembering all the usual bugs in F1 games - combined with the Codemasters words "We really listened" - I really see an Early Access as a "reunion" thing between CM and all its community!

I see you all  talking in laps here.
Its more about time for me...10 mins per race always seemed a good number.
any longer and its kinda becoming endurance...which for me isnt fun.

I wouldnt like to do 20 laps at a long lap circuit like say spa...if its about 2 mins a lap thats 40 mins.[conservative estimate]
Thats way too long for me.

early access or better a demo... 
and the real difference "we really listened" is support after release with bug fix and patch...
i still see comments on grid facebook of people asking for grid2 laps count fix on derby LOL
yeah 

there are features as text chat we will not see on release date, 
but maybe with a good support can be introduced with the first patch...
the same for spectator mode and for all bugs we will find playing...

this game is almost complete, we have back cockpit, handling, best lap times etc..
if they keep work on after release maybe we will see a better online lobby features,
like text chat and spectator mode from lobby that are both thing confirmed out of the game.

early access or better a demo... 
and the real difference "we really listened" is support after release with bug fix and patch...
i still see comments on grid facebook of people asking for grid2 laps count fix on derby LOL
yeah 

there are features as text chat we will not see on release date, 
but maybe with a good support can be introduced with the first patch...
the same for spectator mode and for all bugs we will find playing...

this game is almost complete, we have back cockpit, handling, best lap times etc..
if they keep work on after release maybe we will see a better online lobby features,
like text chat and spectator mode from lobby that are both thing confirmed out of the game.

I can't agree more about the "aftersupport".
CM NEED to take some "working hours" away from developing into bug removing.
With Early Acces, many users would be able to report bugs while the game programmers are still on the subject, not moved into other tasks

Goonertez said:
I see you all  talking in laps here.
Its more about time for me...10 mins per race always seemed a good number.
any longer and its kinda becoming endurance...which for me isnt fun.

I wouldnt like to do 20 laps at a long lap circuit like say spa...if its about 2 mins a lap thats 40 mins.[conservative estimate]
Thats way too long for me.

20 laps is a maximum, you can select a number of options starting from the 3 lap races. For a 10 minute fix you're probably looking at the 5-7 lap races depending on the circuit in question.

Has it been confirmed there will no demo? I would really like to try this on my laptop before investing in something that may or may not run smooth on my machine. Better yet, do you need any PC testers? :)

P308R said:
@Loore

Can you explain a bit how the 5 disciplines are presented within the game, percentage wise?  Is the main focus on the Touring discipline? Are we talking about 25 % or 40 % of the content? Or are all the disciplines equally devided?

Will there also be a possibillity to take pictures during replays?
All disciplines are equally divided. So, Career mode is broken down into five sections (one for each discipline). You can choose which discipline you want to race in and the more you progress through it, the more becomes available.

For example, if you take Touring Cars. You'll start off racing with entry level cars and by the end of the career you'll be racing in the more powerful Touring Car Spec Cars.

There is no photo mode.

@Loore will this be ported to the next gen once you get to know the machines better or will you bring out entire new game?

SynGamer said:
Has it been confirmed there will no demo? I would really like to try this on my laptop before investing in something that may or may not run smooth on my machine. Better yet, do you need any PC testers? :)
At this time, there is no demo.

who needs a demo, it will be out in 2 months, the fact that codies have said the handling will be a lot better, and more circuits is enough for me to buy it.