F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport

I was hugely disappointed by and very critical of many things about GRID 2 and never bought or played the game as a result as it was obvious I would detest it. It's great that Codemasters have listened and produced what's looking like a true sequel to GRID. I'm still slightly skeptical, but am cautiously looking forward to it and will almost certainly buy it based on what I've heard so far.

i dont know how exactly penalty system of Grid autosport works , but the ghosting cars , the slow down (grid 2 style ) ect does not sound me very good...
I would prefer a Toca 3 penalty system like :

- notification flags (blue, yellow, black etc)
- more or less severe level system (how many hits , corner cutting etc  to get a penalty)
- + seconds in the end or race
- drive through pitstops (formula 1 series)

In real motosport when cars get penalty neither are ghosted nor slow down in the middle of track , but they just keep racing....
[-X

i dont know how exactly penalty system of Grid autosport works , but the ghosting cars , the slow down (grid 2 style ) ect does not sound me very good...

- notification flags
- more or less severe level system (how many hits , corner cutting etc , to get a penalty)

In real motosport when cars get penalty neither are ghosted nor slow down in the middle of track , but they just keep racing....
[-X
I agree but so long as the slow-down doesn't affect the game as it did last time out (pileups) I am content. 

@Britpoint Thanks you as well for answering those questions. 

Have the physics been developed with focus on gamepad users or wheel users? Can a gamepad player keep up with a wheel user (if equal in skill) or has one a slight advantage over the other?

- notification flags (blue, yellow, black etc)
- more or less severe level system (how many hits , corner cutting etc  to get a penalty)

[-X
True, best thing to do probably is + seconds at the end.

i found this video on tube!!
 i have never watched it before...lol game it seems very good men!!
plz Loore text chat , dont miss this feature , all games on pc have it...come on its not so hard!
^:)^ 
~X(
* oh sorry does not work!! i dont know how to upload it here i tried the adress with copy paste and failed...help plz ou must watch it ,come on guys tell me how to upload for some in game footage more!!
:-h

Britpoint said:
As for the handling, we've already posted a bunch about what we're going for. I will say that part of what I and some other designers do involves balance checks on the cars. So we'll do lap after lap after lap in order to check times. If at any point I get into a drift, the lap's ruined because I know I've just thrown a tenth or so down the drain. That's a big part of what we mean by 'authenticity;' a car may not behave 100% as its real life counterpart would, but you have to drive according to the same principles of real cars in order to be quick.
That has to be the most concise description of what we really wanted from G2's handling, Yes Grid 1 was not "true to life" but real world racing techniques worked better than the Top Gear style of boot it and smoke up the tyres.

P308R said:

Have the physics been developed with focus on gamepad users or wheel users? Can a gamepad player keep up with a wheel user (if equal in skill) or has one a slight advantage over the other?

Neither
should have an advantage, though we'll have to see how you guys get on with it to know for certain! The physics are the same regardless of whether you use a pad or wheel, there's no special speed boost for one or the other. Give me the same car on a pad and on the wheel and I'll set very similar lap times, so I hope that'll be the same for everyone.

I think it's a bit easier to be precise on a good wheel, but that level of precision is still available on a pad if you're careful.

Edit: Apologies for the messy post, the quote went weird!

Britpoint said:
P308R said:

Neither
should have an advantage, though we'll have to see how you guys get on with it to know for certain! The physics are the same regardless of whether you use a pad or wheel, there's no special speed boost for one or the other. Give me the same car on a pad and on the wheel and I'll set very similar lap times, so I hope that'll be the same for everyone.

I think it's a bit easier to be precise on a good wheel, but that level of precision is still available on a pad if you're careful.

Edit: Apologies for the messy post, the quote went weird!

yeah the quoting systems been acting a bit weird to day but then the forum itself is performing a bit erratic too as I'nm frequently having to use the back button to reboot the forum at the moment

Here's my review of GRID 2:

http://youtu.be/xgTG6b0lhGk

I hope Autosport addresses the problems outlined in this video and keeps the good stuff.

nOd3N1AL said:
Here's my review of GRID 2:

http://youtu.be/xgTG6b0lhGk

I hope Autosport addresses the problems outlined in this video and keeps the good stuff.
judging by what we've seen so fari think you'll be happier with Autosport too

Although i'm sure we all will, at least if for any reason you don't enjoy the enhanced driving physics and handling tested on a multitude of wheels and gamepads, Codies' contingency plan of "Flashbacks 2.0" will take care of matters for you lol;

Auto Steer
Aimed at new players, auto-steer will help guide the player around a circuit keeping them on the racing line, but will still give you enough control that you don’t have problems overtaking opponents. Auto Steer will not be usable in Drift events.

In the career I would still prefer no track penalties, just natural consequences of cutting:  traction hit or bumps or tires or a sticky rail, etc.  That's one of the big factors in GRID's appealing simplicity (for me).  But it's not a deal breaker and I understand that a lot of people have wanted track rules and some kind of applied penalties.  Ghosting sounds like a lot of potential for the cure being worse than the injury.  But perhaps it works better than it seems to me.  You don't always get what you want, but . . .

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player.

NhraRacer said:
Sorry guys if i missed this. Is there a date we can preorder on Steam?
Normally around six weeks from launch. The Steam page and Community section should be online later today.

@Loore

In online club racing (talking about one 'clan/club v another), can you set up a mic channel just to include all your own club, so that's all you hear and talk to?

@Loore

In online club racing (talking about one 'clan/club v another), can you set up a mic channel just to include all your own club, so that's all you hear and talk to?
Good question. I don't believe there's currently that option in the game but it's a great suggestion.

Loore said:
NhraRacer said:
Sorry guys if i missed this. Is there a date we can preorder on Steam?
Normally around six weeks from launch. The Steam page and Community section should be online later today.
Thank You. Can't wait!

Loore said:
@Loore

Good question. I don't believe there's currently that option in the game but it's a great suggestion.
.. if you could move settings for audio (to) in-game instead of fiddling in "Audio mode" + some kind of predifined "Approved Friendlist", we didn't always have to pay forTeamspeak :)
Ohh and btw textchat would still be such a great tool, helpful for anything from "sorry" to restart info etc etc etc.

I wonder if we'd be able to race for Ravenwest this time around. But then again, I'd rather just beat their asses.

reading all the posts here about text chat and being a grid veteran im astounded you will miss this important feature out yet again...great for community fun as well as organising in game setting or whatever...pls include it and btw spectate from lobby too is a massive + for the whole online experience