Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport

can someone explain about car repairs ...for instance i have a car i race all the time in autosport ,will that car have to be disgarded at some point because of degredation..i prefered it in grid1 where u just gave it a car wash from time to time

ml66ok said:
can someone explain about car repairs ...for instance i have a car i race all the time in autosport ,will that car have to be disgarded at some point because of degredation..i prefered it in grid1 where u just gave it a car wash from time to time
After a while you'd still be able to race with the car but its performance won't be the same as new.

We've got a feature going live on the blog in May where we go into detail of repairs. We will touch upon it briefly in two weeks time as we detail the mechanical damage system in the game.

Awong124 said:
I wonder if we'd be able to race for Ravenwest this time around. But then again, I'd rather just beat their asses.
yes, you can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gply-9_p_y8
2:25

Loore said:
ml66ok said:
After a while you'd still be able to race with the car but its performance won't be the same as new.

We've got a feature going live on the blog in May where we go into detail of repairs. We will touch upon it briefly in two weeks time as we detail the mechanical damage system in the game.
does that mean if you want to continue using the same car with peak performance you simply buy a new model and start upgrading again?thanks for reply

@ml66ok

Yes, that's how it goes. We record all the stats for every car you own so even for those you sell, there'll still be a record of them.

Loore said:
@ml66ok

Yes, that's how it goes. We record all the stats for every car you own so even for those you sell, there'll still be a record of them.
just a thought .will upgrades n tuning not make online racing an unbalanced line up of cars on the grid due to novices v experienced players for example..i know there will be custom lobbys set to all cars at stock ..not to worry im sure it will suit most racers with all the options

ml66ok said:
Loore said:
@ml66ok

just a thought .will upgrades n tuning not make online racing an unbalanced line up of cars on the grid due to novices v experienced players for example..i know there will be custom lobbys set to all cars at stock ..not to worry im sure it will suit most racers with all the options
Upgrades and mods is the route most online mp games take these day as a supposed reward for hours invested into a game.  Grid2, Titanfall, Warframe, CodGhosts, Payday2, Victory Racing.  Think of it as encoragement for the underdog to invest more gameplay hours and try to level his/her playing field.  The 'spend-wisely' ethos is meant to make us players think we have more in-game control over careers than we actually do.

Any real world tier race meet has an unbalanced line-up to varying degrees, from Formula to touring to rallying.  That's realism.

But yes, stock lobby options will be invaluable for a virtual level grid.

I look forward to the reveal of the degredation model and maintainance/upgrade garage.

Please add high detail cockpits, in this time, the competitors of racers for this year is big, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, Drive Club, Forza, GT etc

Seriously codies, today these details make you show weakness, to this fierce competition. 

are you allowed to be a down step below? I can not believe

about upgrades online i think there is option in lobby for default performance...this is good....
sometimes i like to play with upgraded cars too...

Please add high detail cockpits, in this time, the competitors of racers for this year is big, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, Drive Club, Forza, GT etc

codies never had detailed cockpit view in all of his games (grid 1 , dirt series etc) so i dont expect a lot  but i believe graphics will be better in final version than what we have seen from current videos...:)

about upgrades online i think there is option in lobby for default performance...this is good....

codies never had detailed cockpit view in all of his games (grid 1 , dirt series etc) so i dont expect a lot  but i believe graphics will be better in final version than what we have seen from current videos...:)

I really wouldn't expect much better graphics in the final game than the pre release videos. This game is really not going to be any more graphically impressive over Grid 2 (which looked great to me (PC 1080p/60fps)).

They both share the same engine and probably many assets, cars/tracks etc. There seems to be some lighting differences, but nothing major. Grid Autosport was never meant to be much higher fidelity than its predecessors, its more of a rectification of G2's faults. It'll have a lot of content and a new handling system, but no new graphics.

Wait till the next gen Codies games before you compare graphics to other next gen titles.

I really wouldn't expect much better graphics in the final game than the pre release videos. This game is really not going to be any more graphically impressive over Grid 2 (which looked great to me (PC 1080p/60fps)).

They both share the same engine and probably many assets, cars/tracks etc. There seems to be some lighting differences, but nothing major. Grid Autosport was never meant to be much higher fidelity than its predecessors, its more of a rectification of G2's faults. It'll have a lot of content and a new handling system, but no new graphics.

Wait till the next gen Codies games before you compare graphics to other next gen titles.
yeah I don't think CM aer going for better graphics either because for the gwn it works on graphically is fine  I think they're just trying to provide a better gameplay experience this time with plenty of options and challenges to try

LOL he's on PC (I should know I just sent the parts to him 2 weeks ago) so it's "next gen" already, DX11 etc, Both next gen consoles have 2-3 year old AMD APU's alongside an AMD 6670 GPU from 4 years ago.

PC owners have been saying for years that some games get dumbed down by being a console - PC port rather than the other way round.

Codies have always been at the front end when it came to current graphics technology and software like DX11 etc, which only the XBox 1 and PS4 support, whereas XBox 360 and PS3 only support DX9 levels of quality.

Dirt 2 and F1 2010 onwards supported DX11 unlike EA who never bothered with DX11 in their titles almost until about the time the news came regarding the PS4 and XBox 1.

Not dissing consoles in any way they are great for casual players as is a cheap a PC. but, If you can or do spend hours of your life playing games, a PC will always win in the eyecandy stakes in the end.

TBH though, pretty graphics are secondary to gameplay, always will be, I've played good looking games that are pants and, rubbish gfx addictive lunacy just cause it give you that fliptop head grin when you get it right.

I liked G2's graphics just not the handling (after a while), Why? precision went out the window in favour of throw it in and boot it, If Grid Autosport handles like Grid 1 with Grid 2 (or better graphics) then I'll likely buy it.

Having said that got a couple of questions for @Loore regarding "next gen" GFX.... 

Any news on whether there is support for AMD's Mantle in Grid Autosport? Not a major issue just a query as it has (supposedly) given mid range AMD cpu owners with 7xxx series gfx cards a boost in performance. (probably too new I would think)

Can we by any chance get a list of officially supported controllers/wheels etc?

lol i responded to a guy that wrote this :

like this :

i know that game is created with same engine like grid 2 , and cockpit graphics was not an eye candy for all codies games , i just hope the coclpit view to be more detailed in final version...

Good point about the mantle support, I'd forgotten about that.  Does the game need to be specifically written to make use of it?.  I've got Nvidia and they've done something similar(?) with their latest beta driver, which gave me a 15fps+ boost (capped to 60fps) in a controlled test with Assetto Corsa.  And I doubt Kunos had done anything at their end.  AC is known for being cpu dependant with a full grid though.

Text chat and Rift support are at the top of my wishlist though.

I have a question regarding replays in GRiD Autosport.

Would it be possible to save replays ?

Thats a feature i always miss in the CM PC games.

Yes, that's a big miss really.
"Advanced" replay (as found in much older games like Race 07) has been missing for a long time.

Leagues could make a big use of this, when they're deciding if a player should be handed a penalty (like in real life we actually use quite some time checking races)

Also the option to integrate replays from other cars or a new camera angle in your video footage would improve a lot of youtube videos.
For one, just imagine the race start from a front end cam like real life footage :)

I came here to say this: Please add Oculus Rift support to Grid Autosport and into your engine in order to support Oculus in your other racing games.

Is there any chance to see the weather effects? It was really nice rain in F1, so I hope to see that in GRID: Autosport.

In regard to cockpit view, there is a great mod for GRID 2: http://www.moddb.com/mods/bayetasmod/downloads/bayetasmod-07b

I guess it's what Autosport definitely needs.

@Lebowsky

No weather effects unfortunately, but there are two cockpit views in GRID Autosport inspired from the G2 mods.

Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kstXWxv9gl8

A new weeks starts :D Looking forward to read the Touring Car article that's will be presented this week!

Not sure if this already is asked or answered and i think i read the whole topic(good), but are the Global Challengers comming back to Autosport?

Me personally liked them alot ^:)^

P308R said:
A new weeks starts :D Looking forward to read the Touring Car article that's will be presented this week!
We've had a move around, that's still coming but we're working on a great video to go with it, will let you know when we have a time locked down.

053 said:

Not sure if this already is asked or answered and i think i read the whole topic(good), but are the Global Challengers comming back to Autosport?

Me personally liked them alot ^:)^

Yes, we've improved the system a lot and they'll be back as the Autosport Challenge. One of the big changes now is that it will utilise global leaderboards and not just friends.