Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport

As much as I want this on PS4, I'm still very much so looking forward to this on PC. Everything (almost at least) sounds great and seems like a definite improvement over GRID 2.

@RallyDriven
Too bad about the weather effects. Hope it will be kind of patch or DLC later.

And what about cockpit I must say that formula looks nice, but the others cars don't. You can see that in the announcement video and in the interview. I hope they will fix it too till the release date.

SynGamer said:
As much as I want this on PS4, I'm still very much so looking forward to this on PC. Everything (almost at least) sounds great and seems like a definite improvement over GRID 2.
yeah looks like CM are trying to makew suer they get it right this time or at least as good as they can

@Loore,

Except for handling and DLC, what else was a priority to improve over G2 and maybe D3?

I wouldn't say a priority but there's a lot of little things in GRID Autosport that I'm really liking, those of you on my Steam will list see that I'm playing more and more of it lately, that's down to enjoyment and not 'for work'.

One of my favourite things at the moment is that when I do a multiple event race weekend I never have to go back to the main menu. It's just non stop racing, I like that, less moving between loading screens and more time spent doing what we all want to do...race cars.

The mechanical damage, which we've not really spoken about yet has been improved greatly. The handling guys have done a great job with this and I can't wait to talk about it some more. Things like loosing a gear because you've been over revving or sitting on the limiter for too long is a great little feature. We'll be going into more detail on that next week.

Online, I think there's a big improvement here, especially in terms of giving everyone the options they want / need.

RaceNet, best support to date in my opinion, Clubs is going to be great and the Autosport challenge (think Global Challenge) is also shaping up nicely.

Cars, we've got a great variety of them in Autosport and there really is something for everyone. I'm looking forward to the races in a particular classic online as it's just so much fun.

Feedback is another are we've improved, in terms of the tyres being connected to the road, especially via cornering.

ml66ok said:
can you post some footage from your races pls loore,much appreciated
Our video team are recording some gameplay for you as we type, hoping to get it out next Tuesday, all going to plan :)

Will the footage be PC HD 60fps stuff and if so can you send it to Gamersyde again..  I can't be bothered with 30fps footage rubbish on youtube.

Hi Loore,

Could you tell us more about the cockpit view in Grid Autosport:

- will it have a working dashboard
- will it have working mirrors

Will the footage be PC HD 60fps stuff and if so can you send it to Gamersyde again..  I can't be bothered with 30fps footage rubbish on youtube.
Yes, it'll be 1080p / 60fps and the plan is to also get it up on Gamersyde again :)

Just pre-ordered the black edition from Game. A treat to myself at the end of my exams :)
@Loore Where will any new information about tracks/cars be posted?

fIsince08 said:
Just pre-ordered the black edition from Game. A treat to myself at the end of my exams :)
@Loore Where will any new information about tracks/cars be posted?
On the blog, here on forums primarily :)

@Loore 

theres a couple of things id like to see in a video.

1 a car being driven at full speed not sandbagging behind a pack to make a pretty vid

2 the corner cutting penalty system including getting rammed off track on a corner

3 all the options for assists, collisions, tuning, flashbacks, penalties, laps, (i feel theres far to many options here plus having custom lobbys rather than just voting like the good old fashioned way i think the online is getting far too diluted)

@HOLYxROLLERx

Will see what we can do, the first set of videos will just be standard gameplay but we can see about going into more detail in the next batch maybe. Live streams are also an option for showing off a lot of this stuff.

Loore said:

@Loore,

Except for handling and DLC, what else was a priority to improve over G2 and maybe D3?

I wouldn't say a priority but there's a lot of little things in GRID Autosport that I'm really liking, those of you on my Steam will list see that I'm playing more and more of it lately, that's down to enjoyment and not 'for work'.

One of my favourite things at the moment is that when I do a multiple event race weekend I never have to go back to the main menu. It's just non stop racing, I like that, less moving between loading screens and more time spent doing what we all want to do...race cars.

The mechanical damage, which we've not really spoken about yet has been improved greatly. The handling guys have done a great job with this and I can't wait to talk about it some more. Things like loosing a gear because you've been over revving or sitting on the limiter for too long is a great little feature. We'll be going into more detail on that next week.

Online, I think there's a big improvement here, especially in terms of giving everyone the options they want / need.

RaceNet, best support to date in my opinion, Clubs is going to be great and the Autosport challenge (think Global Challenge) is also shaping up nicely.

Cars, we've got a great variety of them in Autosport and there really is something for everyone. I'm looking forward to the races in a particular classic online as it's just so much fun.

Feedback is enough are we've improved, in terms of the tyres being connected to the road, especially via cornering.

Thank you for the answer.

Track/cars wise, game looks promising. If good handling then it can be big. Even lack of some features won't harm sales. Still, to make it legendary and bring fame again to Codemasters' name, it needs to have its longevity and big fan base. What is better way to keep it than patching and updating the game after its release - that means - STILL listening to feedback. You use quite a few social media for gathering feedback, and i have a gut feeling that you prefer feedback from FB or Twitter over forum.

And of course, by feedback i meant text chat :p

corner cutting penalty is really annoying (grid2), online was a giant ramming-festival and for any kind of dirty racing behavior, then if you put 2tyre on grasss the car slow down for seconds into the middle of street (and as i remember was neither ghosted)...
Is not enough make a "glue" grass to slow down only cars that go out offroad??  

@flowaangelz

As long as you continue to give feedback I will continue to push it under people's noses to get it looked it, I don't plan on stopping just because the game is out, we didn't with GRID 2 and I'm quite proud of what we did post launch. 

As for where the feedback is from, on the whole every social network is different so it's important I look at them all as individuals. You do get a bit of crossover but generally the type of people on Facebook differ from those on the Steam forums for example.

The benefit this forum brings is not only the sheer volume of feedback but the quality of it. Other channels aren't really equipped to deal with that type of conversation, they are more information spreading, "yeah that's cool", that sort of thing. As much as you guys cause me to pull my hair out at times (:P) I wouldn't trade it for the world and at the end of the day I know you guys are our core players. When I first started at Codies my first venture into 'GRID' was back on the old vBulletin forums, the same names are still posting here today, I couldn't say that for Facebook or Twitter.

We listen to everything you say, it may not always be apparent but we do listen and where possible we plan to act. I can tell you now that there are discussions still happening over text chat, the whole flashbacks being used online is also being debated amongst the team. 

As corny as it sounds, you guys are our 5%, we know that if we can get you happy (as happy as possible) then we should be ok. That's not to say we don't listen to anyone else, we do, and as above every social network is different and offers us something that others don't.

In all my meetings since announcement the first question someone asks is always "what do they think about it on the forums", it's also the first section in all my reports. Forums are proper old school, Twitter and Facebook will never replace what they can offer.

Its not about that 5% and hardcore. Forums is just a small part of online players coming from all around the globe. And we all share the same opinions about the game. So its not that hardcore anymore :p

Btw: your game experience in GAS comes from SP or MP?

Please keep sure you have always text chat feature listed in the first section of all your previous, actual and future reports :)

So... after careful consideration and a lot of forum reading I've decided to give you one last chance to produce a game worthy of your original ilk of racers that gamers like me (the ones who are old enough to remember the good old days) have grown up on and pre-ordered Autosport.
Please, please don't disappoint (yet) again, this is, as far as I'm concerned, your last chance. If this indeed turns out to be the return to your roots that you are claiming then my faith will be restored and you will continue to get my hard earned cash in the future and all will be forgiven otherwise I'm afraid this wil be the last codies racer I ever buy.
For the record, i have owned virtually all your racers from the early TOCA's and CMR to present and, as have most of the community, witnessed a severe decline in quality, (honest) community feedback and understanding of what it is we actually want!
G2 was, frankly, a disaster, as were the latest Dirts. Let's make this the first in a line of the return to the great games that we had come to expect, and know you can produce from a Great British gaming company.

Loore said:

@Loore,

Feedback is enough are we've improved, in terms of the tyres being connected to the road, especially via cornering.
Nice but, you mentions than this grid retuns to TOCA sense? how? in that point? mm because not include the key points of toca sence, how multi class races, flags or pitts etc

What's is the point?

Good to hear that online flashbacks are being discussed (presumably for Public Playlists). I think a possible solution is to just include a 'hardcore' or 'classic' Public Playlist from the get go. So it would have no flashbacks, full damage, collisions forward only, no upgrades allowed and possibly no assists too, or something along those lines.