Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport

@Loore , I'm really impressed of your work at this new forum.
I even think it's first time that we (your "core users" :) ) get to know a tiny little bit of what is being discussed at the meetings atm!

I guess/hope it is because the spirit in here has also changed.
Much more mature and serius feedback from the users in here (so far) than the old forum - of course that will encourage you guys more, we will get some answers that leads to new debates etc etc.

Well.. why not?
Codemasters, it seems that things have changed.
Hurry up - use this opportunity you have right now to keep corresponding - and listen.

Your users want text chat! And I guess we can't repeat saying the same thing time after time :)
If there's a good reason not to implement it, please let us know what you have to leave out so we can have a word as well.

I really really like that the flashback thingy is being discussed as well.
As said earlier I haven't played much GRID before (moustly TOCA 2 and F1)
F1 got flashback offline as well (I don't use it) but I can't imagine any "more or less serious car game" to use that online?

"Simple" gaming isn't always the same as to put "kid solutions" into it! ;)

Loore said:
In all my meetings since announcement the first question someone asks is always "what do they think about it on the forums", it's also the first section in all my reports. Forums are proper old school, Twitter and Facebook will never replace what they can offer.
Nah, usenet groups are proper old school :) The web was always a terrible medium for forums, and still is, tbh… I still haven’t figured out any good way to use this one that suits my reading style.

Loore said:
In all my meetings since announcement the first question someone asks is always "what do they think about it on the forums", it's also the first section in all my reports. Forums are proper old school, Twitter and Facebook will never replace what they can offer.
Nah, usenet groups are proper old school :) The web was always a terrible medium for forums, and still is, tbh… I still haven’t figured out any good way to use this one that suits my reading style.
I do this:
Bookmark what you wanna follow ( click the "star" top right in every thread).
you can turn bookmarks on and off there as well.

Next time you return you see if any new posts are in there in "Bookmarks" (left side).
If you wanna see newest "of all", click at "Resent Discussion" (left)

This is one of the better ones to me :)

Loore said:

One of my favourite things at the moment is that when I do a multiple event race weekend I never have to go back to the main menu. It's just non stop racing, I like that, less moving between loading screens and more time spent doing what we all want to do...race cars.

Is it how do the online custom lobbies work? Or its a single player description?

ChokDK said:
I do this:
Bookmark what you wanna follow ( click the "star" top right in every thread).
you can turn bookmarks on and off there as well.

Next time you return you see if any new posts are in there in "Bookmarks" (left side).
If you wanna see newest "of all", click at "Resent Discussion" (left)

This is one of the better ones to me :)
Yeah, that's more or less what I've ended up doing. But the ordering of the bookmarks page isn't great, it would be better if all the 'unread comments' topics were listed first.

I'd still much rather just get an email containing every new post that I'm interested in, like I can on most other forums. Then I can set up mail rules to deal with them how I like, archive interesting posts/links for later etc. Either that or some better RSS feeds like the old forum used to have.

Loore said:

One of my favourite things at the moment is that when I do a multiple event race weekend I never have to go back to the main menu. It's just non stop racing, I like that, less moving between loading screens and more time spent doing what we all want to do...race cars.

Is it how do the online custom lobbies work? Or its a single player description?

Both.

For multiplayer, If you set up a multi-event cup it'll stay in and moves from event to event without ever going back to the lobby. Worth noting that it does support late-joining, so if you join a lobby that's currently on event 3 out of 5 you'd load in and join the action at the start of event 4.

Loore said:
Loore said:

Both.

For multiplayer, If you set up a multi-event cup it'll stay in and moves from event to event without ever going back to the lobby. Worth noting that it does support late-joining, so if you join a lobby that's currently on event 3 out of 5 you'd load in and join the action at the start of event 4.
with a car of your choice?

I had a question about if the mirrors in the in car view will reflect what is behind you and be useful. If not will there be any form of mirror at the top of the screen to see what is behind you? The arrow that shows a car that is by you, was hard to see as it blended in. It was also at the bottom of the screen which I look at the least as looking up is more natural to see what is behind you.

I hope it will be mutch better than Grid 2.
Cockpit view makes his return...that's great news!
But what about,how many cars on the grid?
In Codies Grid Autosport trailer,iv,e seen 16 cars on track..right?
It will be beter to have,around 20 to 25 cars on track during races.
Thats what you see in real Racing,these days....unless youre championship is the AUTOGP...  13 Cars in total....are you serious?... nice cars but pretty weak grid...

Make us proud Codies,Cockpit view,20 to 25 cars on grid...and mandatory pitstops!

Greeting from the alltime Crazy Dutch Racing Freaks!!!

Your not going to get 20-25 grids just yet, even on PC you'd have to start making concessions to accommodate it. Rest assured that 16 cars on the grid feels like plenty when you're racing, as does 12 online.

bouwracer said:
Are you sure about 20 cars? Imagine online race, first corner, that amount of cars in one place will generate a black hole..
Even with new penalty system and stuff..

Loore said:
Your not going to get 20-25 grids just yet, even on PC you'd have to start making concessions to accommodate it. Rest assured that 16 cars on the grid feels like plenty when you're racing, as does 12 online.

Your F1 games have had up to 24 car grids. Not that I'm complaining about a 16 car grid though.

Awong124 said:
Loore said:

Your F1 games have had up to 24 car grids. Not that I'm complaining about a 16 car grid though.
Very true, but F1 cars are by and part more or less the same (F1 purists, sorry!) it's a bit of a technical nightmare to get 10-12 vastly different models on the grid (thinking teams of 2), unless you start dropping graphical prowess in other areas (like car details).

bouwracer said:
Thats what you see in real Racing,these days....unless youre championship is the AUTOGP...  13 Cars in total....are you serious?... nice cars but pretty weak grid...

Make us proud Codies,Cockpit view,20 to 25 cars on grid...and mandatory pitstops!

lol we dont need so many cars in the track to have fun with a racing game...[-X
20-30 players need games like FPS and open world 
have you ever played WTCC 07' of simbin with up to 24 cars on track online :-??
rammers start moving left and right blocking all the road in the begging  then back cars crash on them , creating mess everywhere and then you just press start to quit...lol=))      
+
the performance will go down (low fps) or as Loore said , devs need to dicrease a lot the quality of graphics (including car's details , track's etc) even in pc version (i dont even comment about xbox360 - ps3 version...
:-h

bouwracer said:

rammers start moving left and right blocking all the road  then back cars crash on them , creating mess everywhere and then you just press start to quit...lol=))      
+
the performance will go down (low fps) or as Loore said , devs need to dicrease a lot the quality of graphics (including car's details , track's etc) even in pc version (i dont even comment abpit xbox360 - ps3 version...
Gotta agree with you Miat, Playing Assetto against 15 cars is a big enough Grid imo. more would get too messy and not everyone has a PC capable of even that at seriously high res, 

Just ask Miat, who couldn't play Assetto while the grid was set @ 16 with no option to drop the numbers, as soon as we were able to drop the numbers it became playable with (what was it Miat? 5? 6 cars max?).

That's why when I did my upgrade, I sent him my old parts as I COULD play with the full grid, plus no-one I knew wanted them and I couldn't be a***d to sell em on EBay plus he really could use them. :D.

Performance does take a hit from numbers, mid range PC's can cope, older ones take a massive blow. so you gotta have a limit somewhere or people will get massive lagg issues.

bouwracer said:

rammers start moving left and right blocking all the road  then back cars crash on them , creating mess everywhere and then you just press start to quit...lol=))      
+
the performance will go down (low fps) or as Loore said , devs need to dicrease a lot the quality of graphics (including car's details , track's etc) even in pc version (i dont even comment abpit xbox360 - ps3 version...
Gotta agree with you Miat, Playing Assetto against 15 cars is a big enough Grid imo. more would get too messy and not everyone has a PC capable of even that at seriously high res, 

Just ask Miat, who couldn't play Assetto while the grid was set @ 16 with no option to drop the numbers, as soon as we were able to drop the numbers it became playable with (what was it Miat? 5? 6 cars max?).

That's why when I did my upgrade, I sent him my old parts as I COULD play with the full grid, plus no-one I knew wanted them and I couldn't be a***d to sell em on EBay plus he really could use them. :D.

Performance does take a hit from numbers, mid range PC's can cope, older ones take a massive blow. so you gotta have a limit somewhere or people will get massive lagg issues.
yeah Rastus they were even less (about 3-4 AI cars the most) for the Assetto to be playable....
i had a very old core duo cpu and with one single car (mine) on track i got between 50-100 fps , but when the game got an update adding AI  cars , with 11 AI cars on track i got 8-18 8-} and game was totlly unplayable..
big deferent also i see in codies games lkike Grid 2 , dirt 2-3 and f1 2013 that with only my car on track i get over 30-35 and with some AI cars or online cars fps go down to 10-20...X_X 
But thanks of Rastus and Captain Jack that gifted me soem of their old pc parts, i will able to run and all newest games including Grid Autosport...
So be ready for some problems on track and in global challenges... =)) :ar! B-)

ml66ok said:
Loore said:
Both.
Oh god, i almost forgot that as i havent played online in so long. YES please let us choose cars while waiting to join the race, this is huge.

maskus said:
ml66ok said:
Loore said:
Both.
Oh god, i almost forgot that as i havent played online in so long. YES please let us choose cars while waiting to join the race, this is huge.
I expect GAS cars to be more balanced. But still, this upgrading stuff is not good for multiplayer.

ml66ok said:
Loore said:
Loore said:

Both.

Yes, obviously from a selection that fits in with the event in process :) Join a Touring car event in progress, pick which Tourer you want.

Loore said:
ml66ok said:
Loore said:
Loore said:

Both.

Yes, obviously from a selection that fits in with the event in process :) Join a Touring car event in progress, pick which Tourer you want.
So while waiting, we are going to have time, depends on how late we joined, for tuning and setup of a car?

I expect it works a bit like in grid 2 Flowa.
At the start you go to car screen and then after 15 secs or so you load the track, if youre comming late you are bound to us ethe last touring car you used.
I hope I am wrong and you still can pick a car if you join a session in progress but honostly I dont think I am wrong.

PC version include HD texture pack DLC on launch 5GB

http://www.pcgamesn.com/sorry-consoles-grid-autosport-pc-has-30gb-high-res-textures

11gb and with HD pack 16gb, better textures, better shadows, reflections etc

also support 4K

“We're locked to 30fps on console, we're clear on PC,” Moody adds. “60fps is really nice, it gives you a great experience. And, it can be played on a three displays. It has full peripheral support – wheels, controllers...”.

“We've got it running on 4K in the next room,” says Adrian Lawton, Codemasters communications manager.

“The thing about being PC-lead is that in the past we'd think 'Oh we can't do that on console' so we wouldn't do it,” says Kettlewell. “Whereas now the reaction now is 'Oh we can't do it on console but let's do it on PC.'

“We have little dashboard reflections. In head cam you can see reflections on the windscreen, something we'd never be able to afford to do on consoles without breaking our fps performance limit. In the past we wouldn't have done features like that but now we're thinking we can do it on PC. Better lighting and things like that. Little bits in lots of places.”

From what I saw of Grid Autosport, those little bits add up to a great game. We'll have a full Grid Autosport preview posted soon.