Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport

This sounds pretty cool, 0/10 for no UNKLE in the trailer though.

(I'm kidding, I'm looking forward to this guys!)

Also, you said on twitter that destruction derby is making a return, is that definite? Will point to points be back as well?

I could easily live without either though, as everything just looks amazing!

Also, you said on twitter that destruction derby is making a return, is that definite? Will point to points be back as well?

To confirm Demo derby is in the from start, it's not part of the career as we're focusing on racing but it's there should you want to play it. Offline, online or split screen.

Point to points aren't in the game, we wanted to focus on circuit racing.

Hello (here's hoping a CM staff will read this),

Roughly how many hours will the single-player campaign take? By which I mean, to 100% it and obtain all cars etc.

I ask because I bought Grid 2 after reading the reviews, but finished it in a couple of days and traded it back in for something else, I like my racing games to have a bit of meat on them. I play the F1 campaigns, for example, on the longest career length.

Hey Loore,

1st, thanks for being on point this morning.

2nd. Is there confirmation that the physics model is a departure from the GRID 2 model where you had to drift every corner. Most of us have spent our lives searching for traction and being mindful of tire wear. Honestly GRID 2 was wildly disappointing in that respect.

Thanks again for being on to entertain our questions. 

And the most disappointing news of the day? "GRID Autosport launches on June 27th on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3"

Unless they announce this for PS4, I won't be able to play it. And it sounds EXACTLY like what I've been waiting for...

Loore said:

To confirm Demo derby is in the from start, it's not part of the career as we're focusing on racing but it's there should you want to play it. Offline, online or split screen.

Point to points aren't in the game, we wanted to focus on circuit racing.
That is a big thumbs up from me, nice.  =D>

Fair enough, is it the same demo derby as grid 1/2 or will we be seeing some new content?
Currently the same content (Detroit Circuit).

@Pingk hard to say, there's a fair few hours in there though! To 100% complete everything? Will certainly keep you busy for a while!

@Tark9m yes, it's completely different to GRID 2, night and day. We do have a tyre wear mechanic now (for Endurance races) and there's a lot more feedback from your tyres during a race for example.

@SynGamer sorry, but we're focussed on those platforms for now, not quite ready for the jump to next-gen.

Sounds great. While I am sure a lot of people liked Grid 2, it was really not for me. Great to see Codemasters learn from feedback, it's why I keep coming back. I have owned about every cdies racing game, and can honestly say only F1-2010 (which was good but in my opinion released as a beta) DiRT Showdown and GRID 2 have let me down.

The follow up F1 games have been great, the rest of the DiRT series is epic (though a new one would be nice) and GRID 2, (should have been called GRID SHOWDOWN to warn us) was just not for me.

Thanks again for listening to the fans, and trying to put product in the market for everyone.

@Loore As long as F1 is released on next gen. I'm going to have to see plenty of pre-release videos, images and maybe even a demo if it's only on current gen.

Tark9m said:

Thanks again for listening to the fans.
Thanks goes to our fans for sticking with us, having faith and above all else, offering us the vast amounts of feedback and ideas - without that, Autosport wouldn't be the same.

Looking forward to putting the new game through it's paces when its released looks good already so I'm in high anticipation of the finished result ;)

Can't wait to here and see more! And thanks for finally releasing a game after my exams, and not half way through!

Any word on PC min. Specs? If I can run F1 2013 on low-med, will I be able to run this?

SynGamer said:
Any word on PC min. Specs? If I can run F1 2013 on low-med, will I be able to run this?
It should run just fine. Codemasters EGO engine is very scalable. and runs really well on most systems. It'l no doubt be very similar graphics wise to Grid 2.

SynGamer said:
It should run just fine. Codemasters EGO engine is very scalable. and runs really well on most systems. It'l no doubt be very similar graphics wise to Grid 2.
I didn't try grid 2 on PC, only F1 2013. Even then, I was getting about 30 fps on a mix of low and med settings.

SynGamer said:
SynGamer said:
I didn't try grid 2 on PC, only F1 2013. Even then, I was getting about 30 fps on a mix of low and med settings.
What are your specs?

please have donnington in the game and other btcc tracks, oh and i hope its a completely different driving physics 

Loore said:
Fair enough, is it the same demo derby as grid 1/2 or will we be seeing some new content?
Currently the same content (Detroit Circuit).

@Pingk hard to say, there's a fair few hours in there though! To 100% complete everything? Will certainly keep you busy for a while!

@Tark9m yes, it's completely different to GRID 2, night and day. We do have a tyre wear mechanic now (for Endurance races) and there's a lot more feedback from your tyres during a race for example.

@SynGamer sorry, but we're focussed on those platforms for now, not quite ready for the jump to next-gen.
Not quite ready for the jump to next gen yet!!!!! (everyone else seems to be). This has me really worried for F1. If there not ready now, they wont be ready in 6 months. If that is the case, you won`t see a ps4/xbone F1 game until sept/oct 2015, nearly 2 years after console release. I really hope i am wrong.