Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport

This is sounding a lot better than Grid 2 with the changes that have been mentioned so far.

A couple of quick questions for @Loore :

1. Will we be able to do Touring Car only races online the same way we could in Grid 1? This is all that I and many other people played.

2. Will the cars have upgrades/tuning online? It would be much better in my opinion if cars are always exactly the same online (like Grid 1 after the ebay cars patch on PC) so there is close racing and no one has an unfair advantage. 

@jpm72

I dont think the user base of next gen consoles is big enough, and they would likely not sell huge amounts, making it difficult to justify the huge development costs associated.

Current gen user base is massive, and most likely will be for some time.

SynGamer said:
Any word on PC min. Specs? If I can run F1 2013 on low-med, will I be able to run this?
No minimum specs yet but it'll be well optimised for a range of hardware. If you can run F1 2013 you 'should' be ok :)

It works on my work desktop which is your standard Dell machine you'd find in an office.

makes sense for codies not to jump on next gen yet, low numbers of next gen consoles ,compared to ps3 360 etc, low numbers means no profit! seems to me they are hardly next gen, struggling to do 1080p at 60fps.

SynGamer said:
SynGamer said:
Any word on PC min. Specs? If I can run F1 2013 on low-med, will I be able to run this?
It should run just fine. Codemasters EGO engine is very scalable. and runs really well on most systems. It'l no doubt be very similar graphics wise to Grid 2.
I didn't try grid 2 on PC, only F1 2013. Even then, I was getting about 30 fps on a mix of low and med settings.
What are your specs?
HP Envy m6-1205dx (laptop).

having said low numbers of ps4 xbox one etc, how many copies do they sell on the pc platform?

@jpm72

I dont think the user base of next gen consoles is big enough, and they would likely not sell huge amounts, making it difficult to justify the huge development costs associated.

Well I wouldn't exactly say that. I know a lot of people who have moved on to next gen, both Xbone and PS4.

This thread too: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/66/next-gen/p1

Balb0wa said:
makes sense for codies not to jump on next gen yet, low numbers of next gen consoles ,compared to ps3 360 etc, low numbers means no profit! seems to me they are hardly next gen, struggling to do 1080p at 60fps.
It can go either way. More consoles for current gen, bit next gen has early adopters who want games. I understand the decision, just disappointing as someone who JUST bought a PS4 a week ago :p

and please please let us have the old style grid online back where we can have touring car races etc. admittedly the game looks good but i wont be preordering it or buying until i see alot more videos and info etc. i made that mistake with grid 2

@jpm72

Agreed, but if thats the case there just in for the £££. Not really forward thinking. It seems many other development houses are pushing forward with next gen and costs associated with it. In another 18 months will you not have tired from waiting for anything next gen to appear from `codemasters`. Sorry to seem like i`m going on a bit, but this choice does defy me, not wholly surprise me.

SynGamer said:
Balb0wa said:
It can go either way. More consoles for current gen, bit next gen has early adopters who want games. I understand the decision, just disappointing as someone who JUST bought a PS4 a week ago :p
I've had a PS4 since release and still only have three games. Every other game has been delayed or just doesn't interest me. I feel that if this game and Drive Club were released at around the same time, I'd go for the Codemasters game nine times out of 10.

This is sounding a lot better than Grid 2 with the changes that have been mentioned so far.

1. Will we be able to do Touring Car only races online the same way we could in Grid 1? This is all that I and many other people played.

2. Will the cars have upgrades/tuning online? It would be much better in my opinion if cars are always exactly the same online (like Grid 1 after the ebay cars patch on PC) so there is close racing and no one has an unfair advantage. 

1) Yes, you can set up races exactly how you want, even lock in difficulty options or views etc

2) Yes, but you can restrict tuning and upgrades in the lobby should you wish. Options there for both camps :)

Loore said:
SynGamer said:
No minimum specs yet but it'll be well optimised for a range of hardware. If you can run F1 2013 you 'should' be ok :)

It works on my work desktop which is your standard Dell machine you'd find in an office.
That's good to hear actually.

Hi guys! Glad to see all the responses around Autosport, it seems to be largely positive. Sorry we can't be on next-gen as well quite yet @Syngamer, though I'm pretty confident you'll be able to run it OK if you can manage F1 2013. It still looks decent on low settings at 30 fps. We're not ignoring the new consoles by any means, but we don't want to rush anything. It's better we put out something really good on technology we know well than something half baked on a new platform.

This is a different beast to GRID 2, and hopefully something you will all like!

Loore said:

1) Yes, you can set up races exactly how you want, even lock in difficulty options or views etc

2) Yes, but you can restrict tuning and upgrades in the lobby should you wish. Options there for both camps :)
Excellent, thanks for answering that. This is sounding very good, especially if the handling is more like Grid 1 as suggested in the blog post. I'll be pre-ordering when it's available on Steam.

First hello to all my Grid *friends* and great there`s an other Grid comming.

Iam today in the position that i have a (game) pc and a xbox360(first console ever specially bought for GTA5) and bcz i was so positive surpriced that i bought a PS4 to, but if Grid comes in June i buy it for the pc (bcz the grid *friends* i have there) .

Funny thing is i just started playing Grid1 about 2weeks ago again and didnt know bout  the new grid comming(ty Miatakias) so i would say BRING IT ON CODEMASTERS, Lucky the Worldcup Football is there to make the waiting a bit less painfull to 24-27 June hehe

Srry for my crap English

I find the last part of the video to be telling, the "Limited Black Edition" ships with 1 car (SLS Black Series), 5 Ravenwest liveries, 20 Online Livery patterns and 10 Premium sponsors... so hopefully we won't be bombared with pre-release "which version should I get" type DLC this time!

p.s. Codemasters, if you make DLC in future, why not add a whole new sub-genre to the disciplines (e.g. add for example Formula E) with DLC consisting of cars and tracks in one pack, that way we can decide what championships to add (and you can evaluate whether there's more desire for a particular type of DLC). Just a thought!

@Loore

Will the Oculus Rift be (fully) supported? (thinking about the commnet about interiors being fully modeled).  I know there's a heck of a lot of people out there who would be stoked.

I find the last part of the video to be telling, the "Limited Black Edition" ships with 1 car (SLS Black Series), 5 Ravenwest liveries, 20 Online Livery patterns and 10 Premium sponsors... so hopefully we won't be bombared with pre-release "which version should I get" type DLC this time!
Only one pre-order bonus this time around, no fragmentation of the Community as a result. That is 100% something that came from your feedback.

@joepineapples not currently, right now we're concentrating on getting the core game finished. After that who knows, i'd personally love it.

Loore said:
Only one pre-order bonus this time around, no fragmentation of the Community as a result. That is 100% something that came from your feedback.

@joepineapples not currently, right now we're concentrating on getting the core game finished. After that who knows, i'd personally love it.
That's what we needed. I remember pointing that out when they were announced.  <:-P

Will we be able to set up offline races however we want? I love that feature in games and it can be a buying point for me! I want to be able to put a Indy Car up against an LM car.