DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
GRID Season 3 - Coming April 15th Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport

TDDB said:
Will we be able to set up offline races however we want? I love that feature in games and it can be a buying point for me! I want to be able to put a Indy Car up against an LM car.
There'll be a lot of custom race options, both online and offline :)

There are some restrictions though, you won't be able to go discipline vs discipline, so no Touring Car vs Open Wheel etc.

Theres only one thing I dont want to see is communications being cut off while a race loads. Nothing worse than having a convo then the loading screen comes up and you miss part of it or need to start the convo again. This has been my only complaint with the racing games.

Loore said:
@joepineapples not currently, right now we're concentrating on getting the core game finished. After that who knows, i'd personally love it.
Thanks.  Shame its not on the list right now, but worth remembering that at least two other competitors have pledged support.  Having tried it myself with one of those competitors games, I can say the experience over a flat monitor is night and day.  Plus it would help get the Grid brand out there even more, and especially help to promote Codemasters as a forward thinking company.

Thanks for all the great replies!

Any word on how/if the livery editor has been improved? It was great on GRID 2, There just wasn't many designs I liked.

Loore said:
TDDB said:
Will we be able to set up offline races however we want? I love that feature in games and it can be a buying point for me! I want to be able to put a Indy Car up against an LM car.
There'll be a lot of custom race options, both online and offline :)

There are some restrictions though, you won't be able to go discipline vs discipline, so no Touring Car vs Open Wheel etc.
What a shame! Would there be any possibility of it being included in an update? I don't know about others but I may be willing to pay for it! Assetto Corsa is so much fun putting a Lotus Exos up against a Fiat 500! Even on Race Driver back when we could put Minis against stock cars. (Mini Bowling!)

Are we having car group competitions, so global leaderboards for the car groups that could potentially earn prizes? Also how many people in these groups?

@jpm72

I dont think the user base of next gen consoles is big enough, and they would likely not sell huge amounts, making it difficult to justify the huge development costs associated.

Current gen user base is massive, and most likely will be for some time.
Well I wouldn't exactly say that. I know a lot of people who have moved on to next gen, both Xbone and PS4.

This thread too: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/66/next-gen/p1
That's hardly an unbiased thread, given that the leading question is "if you've already moved on to next gen..."

I know a lot of people who have moved on to next gen too, but I know an awful lot more who haven't, and aren't going to anytime soon. (Myself included.)

Are we having car group competitions, so global leaderboards for the car groups that could potentially earn prizes? Also how many people in these groups?
Not sure I understand the question? Is this in realtion to Clubs?

Loore said:
Clubs, I forgot the name for a moment.

Hi, I would like to ask if we are ganna be able to upgrade cars in career(off-line) just like we do in online mode? Because in GRID2, things ended up I always drive the same car with different handling, and that's annoying and pointless. Sometimes I just want to practice or try to set a new best lap time WITH UPGRADE .... is it too much? =((

Didn't like the test drive in GRID2, only used once. You can drive laps and laps and laps ANY CAR ANY TRACK in the original GRID just for that 0.05 sec less (and ended up spent all day), it'll be great if you guys can combine this with the upgrade system in GRID2 online.

Thanks a lot for listening to us, I knew we can count on you Codies :D

Loore said:
Clubs, I forgot the name for a moment.
You can create a club via the RaceNet website, invite friends and create a club livery as well.

There'll be club leaderboards and the such :) This is something I really want to talk about, so let's give the announce a few days to quieten down and we'll take it from there :)

Please include ALL the TOCA Touring Car 2 tracks so "the ol' folk and me" can have fun again as in 1998!

A little technical q: Is the game engine newer than EGO 3.0 ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EGO_%28game_engine%29
Would be really nice to try something else than the F1 2013 handing..

@joepineapples

Tracks:

Sepang
Jarama
Hockenheim
Yas Marina
San Francisco

Those are the confirmed ones so far, we'll be talking about new tracks every week between now and launch. WIll follow up with the cars later on :)

Is it too much to ask for the full version of Nurburgring? :S

Game looks promising so far! Hopefully Adelaide, Donington Park, Mugello, Zandvoort & Zolder will be in it.  

I guess it will but with the return of the cockpit view (which I am very happy about btw) will trackir be supported?
So I fully can enjoy incar cam.   :D

The guys at Eurogamer (who were fairly critical of Grid 2) seem quite enthusiastic about it, anyway: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-04-22-grid-autosport-is-the-codemasters-racing-game-youve-been-waiting-for

for being held secret until today @16.00 it sure has been written a lot so far.

l
Someone broke the embargo early this morning, so we pushed it out early :)

To be fair, Codemasters officially announced it at 10am this morning, though perhaps their hand was forced a little early by the leaks…?

Just looking to that video in the link scottishwildcat posted and first thing I noticed was that the mirrors didn't work when using incar cam.
Now please tell me that was either a early version or wrong settings and mirrors do work.