Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport

Loore, can you say something about TOUGE? Will this type of racing remain in Autosport? If so will it use old system of victory (time difference)? 

Loore, can you say something about TOUGE? Will this type of racing remain in Autosport? If so will it use old system of victory (time difference)? 
No Touge sorry.

Aaaaaand, not on current gen consoles. Way to screw over everybody who invested in the new systems. 
Nobody made you buy one, and Codemasters certainly never promised they were going to immediately start making games for it. There’s rarely any great benefit with any tech to being an early adopter, and consoles are no exception.

Just looking to that video in the link scottishwildcat posted and first thing I noticed was that the mirrors didn't work when using incar cam.
Now please tell me that was either a early version or wrong settings and mirrors do work.
The version they’re playing is labelled “pre-alpha”. That makes it a very early version indeed.

Just looking to that video in the link scottishwildcat posted and first thing I noticed was that the mirrors didn't work when using incar cam.
Now please tell me that was either a early version or wrong settings and mirrors do work.

Probably thats the console version and we will have working mirrors on PC :P

Aaaaaand, not on current gen consoles. Way to screw over everybody who invested in the new systems. 
Nobody made you buy one, and Codemasters certainly never promised they were going to immediately start making games for it. There’s rarely any great benefit with any tech to being an early adopter, and consoles are no exception.
Weird, because my copy of Tomb Raider, a straight port from previous gen to current gen, is outstanding and works just fine. Sticking with the past generation of consoles isn't going to help Codies here. 

Now just wait a codemasters disclose the full video ...... and ready to q seems to cockpit view will return and classical tracks in the grid 1 also :)

yeah it looks like they've gone back to a Grid 1 style career mode I just hope they manage the difficulty better because for the casual gamer/novice player the difficulty of Grid 1 was too harsh for my liking even with the flashback feature. I've heard they've gone for more tracks less street circuits this time and if this is so then that's a good thing too. I'd like it probably like it more like Race driver 1 2 and 3 even grid 2 in terms of difficulty rather than the harshness sim like Grid 1. I'm not taking anything away from Grid 1 it just was a nightmare difficulty wise in that I found it next to impossible to keep up with the AI much less challenge them

@loore can you gi9vee us any idea what the difficulty levels are going to be like

Weird, because my copy of Tomb Raider, a straight port from previous gen to current gen, is outstanding and works just fine. Sticking with the past generation of consoles isn't going to help Codies here.

I would prefer to see something new for this gen consoles and with over 150 million consoles out there for last gen they would be crazy to snub them.

And I really dont get people moaning about why it's not out for this gen of console, why did you get rid of your last gen console in the first place. If it means so much to you buy a gaming PC then you wont miss out ;-) lol

@loore can you gi9vee us any idea what the difficulty levels are going to be like

I've got a blog article on this going up Thursday, should answer all the questions you have on difficulty :)

Quick version is that there's plenty of assists in the game (ABS, Traction Control, Racing Line etc) and you can turn everything on / off individually. Running the game on a harder difficulty will give you more reward.

laz1973 said:

I would prefer to see something new for this gen consoles and with over 150 million consoles out there for last gen they would be crazy to snub them.

And I really dont get people moaning about why it's not out for this gen of console, why did you get rid of your last gen console in the first place. If it means so much to you buy a gaming PC then you wont miss out ;-) lol

Agreed they're not going to just jump on the next gen bandwqgon straightaway unless they think they'll get enough sales right now I'm guessing they don't think they will plus we don't know how long it's been in development probably they started work on it more or less as soon as they released Grid 2 is my guess given Grid 2 isn't that old yet. I think givern F1 is their flagship game F1 2014 will be the first game to set sail ion the new consoles for CM and my thinking is that was always their plan all along they just wanted one last blast at the last gen which is still current for me seeing as I haven't gone for a next gen console yet sa I've been focusing more on getting my PC up to spec instead

Loore said:

I've got a blog article on this going up Thursday, should answer all the questions you have on difficulty :)

Quick version is that there's plenty of assists in the game (ABS, Traction Control, Racing Line etc) and you can turn everything on / off individually. Running the game on a harder difficulty will give you more reward.
good to know you're adding more assists this time as grid 1 was a bit too harsh I felt in that respect. I liked the idea of Grid 1's career mode where you run your own team and got a teammate and all that but I couldn't really get into it because even the bottom level was just too strong for me.

Loore said:
No Touge sorry.

OK, now you put Derby in the game, but threw out Touge. I knew it was too good to be true  :-<  Touge was unique challenge, introduced by GRID  :-<

Thanks for answer anyway.

About this console thing, I think the blame lies with the console mfctrs not adding backwards compatibility to them. I dont use them but still have my ps1 in a cupboard somewhere and I think its bad they shafted their users by making them buy all new games.
Anyway seems we were listened to and I can now not wait for this 
:D

Looking nice. :)
But I wanted to know if we are going to unlock cars (like in Grid 2) or we will have to buy them. I think it's better to buy them.
And by the way, will the teammate always have the same car as the player or will we be able to choose which car he'll be driving before each race? I found it weird for him to always have the same car as you when you can only buy it once...

Loggy said:
About this console thing, I think the blame lies with the console mfctrs not adding backwards compatibility to them. I dont use them but still have my ps1 in a cupboard somewhere and I think its bad they shafted their users by making them buy all new games.
Anyway seems we were listened to and I can now not wait for this 
:D
so do I that's the main reason why I've held off on getting a next gen console I may have  gone with the PS4 by now if I knew my PS3 and earlier titles were going to work on it

@Loore

Is a playable demo planned before launch?.  A lot of people will NEED convincing with the new handling, something which words obviously won't 100% do.  Even a 1 car, 1 track effort would do.

1. So all stages like Touge, Hillclimb, Corsica and so one are gone from GRID Autosport?

2. Will Future DLC's be part of the Single-Player-Campaign? On GRID 2 it felt like wasted money if I can't play Bathurst and Spa during the Campaign :(.

3. Will I be able to Upgrade my Cars in the Campaign? Like in GRID 2 Online?

4. Will the Livery-Creation be faster this time? It's like I spent 1 Minute to create and awesome livery, and 5-10 Minutes Loading and Waiting for Loading-Animation.

5. Will there be a Coop with friends , like in DiRT 3-Splitscreen?

6. Will there be a LAN-Mode for the PC-Version? This Option was missing in GRID 2 and DiRT Showdown, sadly. Hopefully with Multiplayer-AI-Drivers like in F1 Race Stars, and Coop-Modi. It would be awesome to play a Coop-Campaign with your friends in LAN/Splitscreen.

7. Will there be the Nordschleife ?

8. Will there be Porsche or Ferrari?

9. Will there be a McLarren F1 LM like in GRID 1?

10. Will there be a Jaguar XJ220

Thank you very much for the Return of San Francisco. This track was a blast in GRID 1 :)

@Loore

Is a playable demo planned before launch?.  A lot of people will NEED convincing with the new handling, something which words obviously won't 100% do.  Even a 1 car, 1 track effort would do.
would be nice that's for sure we'll have to see

JackKey said:
1. So all stages like Touge, Hillclimb, Corsica and so one are gone from GRID Autosport?

2. Will Future DLC's be part of the Single-Player-Campaign? On GRID 2 it felt like wasted money if I can't play Bathurst and Spa during the Campaign :(.

4. Will the Livery-Creation be faster this time? It's like I spent 1 Minute to create and awesome livery, and 5-10 Minutes Loading and Waiting for Loading-Animation.

6. Will there be a LAN-Mode for the PC-Version? This Option was missing in GRID 2 and DiRT Showdown, sadly. Hopefully with Multiplayer-AI-Drivers like in F1 Race Stars, and Coop-Modi. It would be awesome to play a Coop-Campaign with your friends in LAN/Splitscreen.

Thank you very much for the Return of San Francisco. This track was a blast in GRID 1 :)
11. Will there be in-game text chat (in multiplayer) like there was in GRID 1?

JackKey said:

they']ve only just announced the game be patient they need time to nail down the details before thwey can release them

@Jackkey 

1) No Touge (or similar)

2) Bit early to talk about DLC but we have similar thoughts about it being implemented into single player

3) Yes, both upgrade and tune

4) We've made a lot of improvements to the livery editor, speed should be one of them

5) You'll be able to do split screen cups with a friend where you both race for the same team. Not the full career though.

6) No LAN mode at this time

7) I'm not talking track specifics just yet, we announce 4/5 of them today, more news will come

8) Afraid not, licenses held up elsewhere

9) Please see #7

10) Please see #9

@joepineapples

Not currently, but I'm trying my hardest to get as many people to experience the game hands-on. Problem with demo's are that they take a lot of resource away from the game and we could be using that make the game a better experience, or even better putting features in. 

Thanks Loore for the fast and Precise answer. Great news so far :) - but:
What is the reason for having LAN removed? I always feel sad whenever a developer/publisher decides to drop LAN-Support. I still play every game of yours from time to time and seing possibility vanish through time makes me sad. I can still play Colin McRae Rally 1 and TOCA Touring  Car Championship on my modern Windows 7 PC on modern hardware - and I still buy every of your games and cherish them as much as I can.

Codemasters is a very smart company, they know how  much people love Grid serie, I like it and still play grid 2 online with my friends. I am sure that a lot of people agree with me. After one year the Grid 2 servers are still full of players.