Jump to content
Motorsport Games, Codemasters and FIA World Rallycross Championship presented by Monster Energy partner to create the World RX Esports Invitational Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport

Recommended Posts

@f1since08 no pit stops sorry.

@DarkRedslayer it's not, odds are you'll lock your wheels up if you try that without ABS on and end up driving straight onto the grass / run off area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Loore said:
@f1since08 no pit stops sorry.

@DarkRedslayer it's not, odds are you'll lock your wheels up if you try that without ABS on and end up driving straight onto the grass / run off area.
Dang, that's a bit of a shame. Could we see them implemented at a later date?

Also, is it just the new Hockenheim or is  old one in too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ravenwest again?  Goody!

This looks a hell of a lot more like a GRID sequel than G2.  Good for you, Codies.  Some niggles and some questions yet, but this looks very promising.

Will there be a demo?  Before or after release?  If not I'll have to wait for some post-release feedback on handling.  Otherwise I'd actually be tempted to pre-order.

I like the car behind arrow a lot.  And the mini map looks like an improvement over GRID.  Graphics look great, of course.  Disappointed tuning will be involved, but not a deal breaker.  I take it tuning in the career game will be an option.  Didn't care much for trying to race a default tuned F1 in ToCA 3, and not having to mess with all that in GRID was a big plus for me.  Happy to see the team mate feature restored.

I'm not quite clear on whether difficulty level can be tuned as in GRID (5 difficulty levels), or is it just assists that can be toggled?

Two months to go, and now for me it's all down to the handling.

In the mean time, it will be great to see more of the track and car lists.  FJ1000 at Donington?  No TVR Tuscan Challenge I suppose - that's a bummer, but expected.  And everybody goes on about Nordschliefe (sp), but I've always really liked the Nurburgring GP track.  And gotta have Spa of course.

Congratulations, Codies!  Looks like you've really done it.  And just a 13 month interval after the G2 release.  I knew you could do it, but was thinking you probably wouldn't.  I'm happy to stand corrected.

And to all you G2 people who told us complainers to give it up - nyah, nyah.

Frank
PC/keyboard, offline single player - GRID fan since 2008.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@f1since08 

Always a possibility, we'll see. It's the new Hockenheim.

@RubyRuby
  • Demo: not currently planned, but getting people playing the game is one my core objectives
  • Car behind arrow: great!
  • Mini map: I think so too!
  • Tuning: Nothing to say you have to do it, all the cars run great as 'stock'. It's entirely your choice
  • Difficulty levels: Yes, multiple levels of difficulty and you can then fine tune it with specific assists. Think GRID but more options.
  • Tracks: We'll be talking about them every week until release, plenty to come yet
  • Cars: Same as tracks ^^
  • Keyboard: Side note, but I believe we've looked at better keyboard support this time around as well, thought it would be of interest to you
  • Congratulations: You have no idea how hard it's been not to talk about this, thank you for the continued feedback you've provided over the forums (how many we've had now :P)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks Loore.  You guys really have been tight lipped.  Certainly made GRID A a bigger surprise, and made a lot less cause for wild speculation.  Nicely done.

Frank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Loore said:

@RubyRuby
  • Demo: not currently planned, but getting people playing the game is one my core objectives
You better start planning then.   :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seems like a no-brainer, doesn't it?  Looks like this one is going to generate a lot more positive feedback once people are playing it, so get them playing a piece of it a month before release and boost pre-orders big time.  But I suppose there's more to it than that from Codies view.

Frank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i like that video for sure. and if you want a request. please add donnington lol....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RubyRuby said:
Seems like a no-brainer, doesn't it?  Looks like this one is going to generate a lot more positive feedback once people are playing it, so get them playing a piece of it a month before release and boost pre-orders big time.  But I suppose there's more to it than that from Codies view.

Frank
Mainly a time/resource thing. To prepare a demo takes people away from the main build, but that build has bugs to squish and features to polish. Making sure the final game is as good as it can be will always have to take priority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RubyRuby said:
Seems like a no-brainer, doesn't it?  Looks like this one is going to generate a lot more positive feedback once people are playing it, so get them playing a piece of it a month before release and boost pre-orders big time.  But I suppose there's more to it than that from Codies view.

Frank
The problem with demos are that they take resource away from the main game and essentially require us to create a new build, that's time the team could be using to finish the main game, add features that would other be dropped from the game to make a demo and so forth.

Again though, getting people playing the game is one of my top priorities, we'll see what we can do on that front.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@Loore I think pit stops would be welcomed by many players, it can be annoying having to run half a race with a puncture or no front wing for example. You can always make them optional!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Loore said:
@f1since08 

Always a possibility, we'll see. It's the new Hockenheim.

@RubyRuby
  • Demo: not currently planned, but getting people playing the game is one my core objectives
  • Car behind arrow: great!
  • Mini map: I think so too!
  • Tuning: Nothing to say you have to do it, all the cars run great as 'stock'. It's entirely your choice
  • Difficulty levels: Yes, multiple levels of difficulty and you can then fine tune it with specific assists. Think GRID but more options.
  • Tracks: We'll be talking about them every week until release, plenty to come yet
  • Cars: Same as tracks ^^
  • Keyboard: Side note, but I believe we've looked at better keyboard support this time around as well, thought it would be of interest to you
  • Congratulations: You have no idea how hard it's been not to talk about this, thank you for the continued feedback you've provided over the forums (how many we've had now :P)

that's of great interest to me as I think this was one of the problems with Grid 1 given I struggled to keep the car under control given I couldn't keep up.

U'er getting yourselves at least one sale here if it's true :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As long as drifting isn't the fastest way round corners, this will be a vast improvement.
This was my biggest bug bear from GRID 2, it frustrated me more than losing a sweaty goal on fifa in the last minute! 

Good to hear @Loore response about it causing problems to those who try it! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fIsince08 said:
@Loore I think pit stops would be welcomed by many players, it can be annoying having to run half a race with a puncture or no front wing for example. You can always make them optional!
Yup, we know. We did look at adding them in but unfortunately they didn't quite make it. Maybe next time :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Loore said:
RubyRuby said:
Seems like a no-brainer, doesn't it?  Looks like this one is going to generate a lot more positive feedback once people are playing it, so get them playing a piece of it a month before release and boost pre-orders big time.  But I suppose there's more to it than that from Codies view.

Frank
The problem with demos are that they take resource away from the main game and essentially require us to create a new build, that's time the team could be using to finish the main game, add features that would other be dropped from the game to make a demo and so forth.

Again though, getting people playing the game is one of my top priorities, we'll see what we can do on that front.
How about Early access game???
Give it to "few" beta testers of a random choice, include 2-3 tracks and few cars to play with.I am sure people can help to shape game better and find if there are some problems to solve them together with CM team to make it GREAT and PERFECT before full release!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@SRBIJAdeadyet

There's a few things we could do around that sort of thing and I am a big fan of that sort of thing but again, all depends on what we can do in the time frame we've got. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Loore said:
fIsince08 said:
@Loore I think pit stops would be welcomed by many players, it can be annoying having to run half a race with a puncture or no front wing for example. You can always make them optional!
Yup, we know. We did look at adding them in but unfortunately they didn't quite make it. Maybe next time :)
Next time? You're already making a sequal? :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fIsince08 said:
Loore said:
fIsince08 said:
@Loore I think pit stops would be welcomed by many players, it can be annoying having to run half a race with a puncture or no front wing for example. You can always make them optional!
Yup, we know. We did look at adding them in but unfortunately they didn't quite make it. Maybe next time :)
Next time? You're already making a sequal? :p
Let's get this one finished first!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Loore said:
@SRBIJAdeadyet

There's a few things we could do around that sort of thing and I am a big fan of that sort of thing but again, all depends on what we can do in the time frame we've got. 
I understand.But please, do not rush with this game, make it good!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Do you remember the "ghost cars" driving around with no plan when F1 2013 came out?
Please don't let this one (or any next game) start that rubbish - then it's better to make it early access.
Why try hard to finish something then edit it later (or even worse - no time for that)?
Please (also) listen to the lot of us who ask for a "less-bug" game more than a "10%-more-news" game
:-B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As a FYI some of the cars confirmed so far:
  • WTCC Chevrolet Cruze 
  • WTCC BMW 320 TC 
  • BTCC Ford Focus ST 
  • Dallara F312 
  • Audi RS5 Coupe 
  • Mercedes Benz C63 AMG 
  • BMW M3 E92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Loore said:
@f1since08 no pit stops sorry.

@DarkRedslayer it's not, odds are you'll lock your wheels up if you try that without ABS on and end up driving straight onto the grass / run off area.
That's excellent news. I'll be watching very carefully how this game turns out. If you guys have done as well as it appears at listening to fans, then my hype level for Dirt 4 will explode with enough force to wipe out half my home state of Maryland >.>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27th June, wow!  Only two months until release!  Awesome news!

That cockpit/helmet cam is sublime, for instant left or right-hand drive gratification across many models I expect.  Looking forward to testing my brakes and digging into those gravel traps once more!

I hope you guys do a big promo at Silverstone GP in July via the support races in order to help get as many online players as possible into Grid Autosport to race against.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×