Sign in to follow this  

Grid Autosport

fIsince08 said:
Loore said:
fIsince08 said:
@Loore I think pit stops would be welcomed by many players, it can be annoying having to run half a race with a puncture or no front wing for example. You can always make them optional!
Yup, we know. We did look at adding them in but unfortunately they didn't quite make it. Maybe next time :)
Next time? You're already making a sequal? :p
well it's always a good idea to plan ahead :p

I think it's the first time I see a community manager so active in the forum. Cheers for that Loore!

What will the endurance class consist of? For example, GT, Supercars, Le mans style prototypes?

There or there about :) We'll have the specifics on Endurance in due time, but GT, LMP etc

Skandepik said:
I think it's the first time I see a community manager so active in the forum. Cheers for that Loore!
I think he knew he had to be here given the announcement of the game and plenty of people wanting details on it.

Loore said:
As a FYI some of the cars confirmed so far:
  • WTCC Chevrolet Cruze 
  • WTCC BMW 320 TC 
  • BTCC Ford Focus ST 
  • Dallara F312 
  • Audi RS5 Coupe 
  • Mercedes Benz C63 AMG 
  • BMW M3 E92

BTCC Honda Civic too? :)

Skandepik said:
I rgink he knew he had to be here given the announcement of the game and plenty of people wanting details on it.
I'm always online, just a bit different on announce day, more questions that ever etc, but thanks :)

@RazeReQ17 good spot, there's likely a few more in the trailer too ;)

Touring Car races kept the first game alive online with Demo Derby in there too, with the clubs this could be kind of a big deal.

I spotted an Audi R8 in the trailer as well, I was thinking of setting up a confirmed/spotted features/cars/track thread

And also, a brilliant job on all the work today responding to everyone, it's great to see such enthusiasm over a codies launch, it's been a while!

Greetings folks. Nice surprise to hear this announcement. Just dropping by to ask a few quick questions (perhaps Mr. Loore can spare some time to answer):

- Will GRID Autosport feature multi-class racing and could I set-up a custom race with a variety of cars?
- How many tracks have day and night?
- Any chance of seeing at least one of the Italian greats (Ferrari, Maserati or Lamborghini) joining the list of available cars?

Thank you for your time.

I was thinking of setting up a confirmed/spotted features/cars/track thread

That would be cool :)

@Warpengage
  • No multi class racing
  • Custom races are locked to car classes, e.g. can only have a certain type of Tourers on the track. Can't mix GT and Open Wheel etc
  • No specifics but if you race there on Endurance it'll have a night version as well as a day. Sepang is one of these tracks.
  • Sadly not, licenses are held up elsewhere. We do have a great selection of cars though, don't worry about that.

In the screenshot where a lot of Ravenwest cars are gathered up on Indianapolis Speedway's main straight, I noticed a large absence of Prototypes. Is Autosport going for a more 'club racing' feel than the original GRID, with a strong emphasis on national motorsports rather than globe-trotting, or is there far more than meets the eye?

Loore said:
Skandepik said:
I rgink he knew he had to be here given the announcement of the game and plenty of people wanting details on it.
I'm always online, just a bit different on announce day, more questions that ever etc, but thanks :)

@RazeReQ17 good spot, there's likely a few more in the trailer too ;)
well announce day I think always carries a bit of a flurry of activity on a gaming forum with it I've noticed this before as people are keen for details on the game you're releasing

Loore said:

I was thinking of setting up a confirmed/spotted features/cars/track thread

That would be cool :)

@Warpengage
  • No multi class racing
  • Custom races are locked to car classes, e.g. can only have a certain type of Tourers on the track. Can't mix GT and Open Wheel etc
  • No specifics but if you race there on Endurance it'll have a night version as well as a day. Sepang is one of these tracks.
  • Sadly not, licenses are held up elsewhere. We do have a great selection of cars though, don't worry about that.
Thank you for your quick answer. :)

@Loore This looks great, Got some questions tho, 

Will Mitsubishi be available in this one?

Will there be a Day/Night/Dusk option on all of the maps?

Will there be a Weather option?

thx!:)

jesped said:
Will there be modding support like in GRID2?...

given it is more or less the same engine I think it'll have sim8ilar support to Grid 2

Well this all looks promising dosent it?

Like what ive heard and seen so far, but once bitten and all that.

Its a shame that CM vibes towards a demo seem a little negative.
Personally, i shall most definately be waiting for a week or two after release to get feedback from folk who dont work for CM about the game and how it is in the wild.

Loore...can i ask you.....[pologies if im asking same things as others]

1] Are multiplayer cars linked in any way to single player cars in terms of performance?

2] Can all cars be accessed in multiplayer from the get-go...or will they need to be unlocked somehow first?

3] Before release, do you plan any streams covering 'boring' in game functions such as how the multiplayer lobby functions?

4] Before release, do you plan any streams at all?

5] what kind of people are your pre-alpha testers and how can i be one?

8D

OOOOHHhh kaaaayy! So far very encouraging, especially after reading the Autosport review from start to finish.

Particularly regarding the handling and bumper to bumper gameplay possibilities ol'skool Gridders loved so much.

Regarding the racing/online bit.

1) Are mics muted as default? I don't wanna hear people eating crisps or singing away off key while I'm sat in the lobby thanx very much!

2) Hosting lobbies online, One thing I think has been lacking in a lot of driving games is the option to force auto as well as manual gears instead of just the usual force manual option.

3) Text chat, is it back? please say yes and it's an assignable button press to activate (no more pause game hit [whatever] type stuff).

4) DLC's, Please tell me you won't have tracks as DLC? Thats what partitioned Grid 2, in the 332 hours before I gave up on G2 completely, I only ever got to race Brands Hatch GP and Indianappolis Oval once each. Cars as DLC yeah, ok if you must but, tracks no as you'll rarely ever get to use em.

As a complete Grid 1 assists off drifting drifting nut, I'm glad it didn't get the boot, got a couple of serious questions though. 

1) Having seen in the vid those 2 Nissans drifting together on track, does this mean we have a return to Grid 1's full circuit/multi lap based drift events or are we still getting the short sharp sprint events from Grid 2? (Hoping for Grid 1 style, as Grid 2's effort was seriously boring by comparison imo).

2) Is there any hope to see the return of the freestyle drift events @ Yokohama docks?

3) Someone (somewhere in all the reading) said that Demo derby was also back but will not be essential for career progression, If so can we assume drift will be the same (more pertinent to those who dislike drift altogether)?

Still, despite the encouraging review and suitably impressive eyecandy video (where I swear I saw the 1st corner of Lemans twice @ 0:49 and 1.14), I gotta say it though, my twice burnt fingers/dashed expectations are still telling me a DEMO would seal the deal regarding any possible pre-order....

@Maskus 

Will Mitsubishi be available in this one?  No specifics right now for cars more will be revealed in the coming weeks :)

Will there be a Day/Night/Dusk option on all of the maps? Not all Maps, a significant amount though.

Will there be a Weather option?  Afraid not

@Goonertez

1] Are multiplayer cars linked in any way to single player cars in terms of performance? Not sure if I gather sorry? The cars online will be the same as singe player if that's what you mean?

2] Can all cars be accessed in multiplayer from the get-go...or will they need to be unlocked somehow first? All cars are available from the start, you can then buy them to get more options (tuning, upgrades etc). More on this in the coming weeks.

3] Before release, do you plan any streams covering 'boring' in game functions such as how the multiplayer lobby functions? I'm currently looking into some Live stream stuff. What would you like to see?

4] Before release, do you plan any streams at all? Yes! Currently looking into it :)

5] what kind of people are your pre-alpha testers and how can i be one? Drop me a PM :)

@SRS13Rastus1701

1) I'll have to check but if not I'll make sure they are :)

2) Not 100% certain force automatic gears is there, we've got a huge list of options available though. I'll double check with the design team tomorrow. This is a feature we're looking at talking about in more detail in May.

3) Not currently, we had planned to include it in but unfortunately it just didn't quite make it (timing). I'm currently pushing for it to be patched in if at all possible.

4) We're taking a much more sensible approach to DLC this time around, am confident we won't have a re-run of the issues you had with GRID 2.

5) Yes, you can do multi lap drift events. As an example Yas Marina has a dedicated drift track, it's naturally shorter than the full GP circuit but you can do multiple laps around it.

6) Not currently, all happens on the tracks

7) No, drift is part of the career but if you aren't a fan you can steer clear of that area.

The game seems promissing! I have 1 question though: Will it have changes on the weather? Like rain, snow, cloudy days? And do you have the option to change between Day/Night times? That'd be awesome in my opinion. Great job CM!