Sign in to follow this  

Dedicated Servers for GRID Autosport or I do not care!

I'm sick of all your games since online is where I want to play but they all use the stupid P2P online system which is just so bad. Lots of my friends finally gave up with the F1 games because of how bad it is, just not good enough for online competitive racing tbh.

It has to have Dedicated servers or I'm just not interested.

I agree that the bubble bug was awful in 2012, however it approved in 2013.

Dedicated servers might help a lot (I hope), but those with high ping/low speed connection/ 50 programs running at the pc meanwhile will always be a game stopper somehow :/

Instead it could be nice to get a sort of "connection level" filter, not allowing others than gamers with a specific (lowest) ping/connection speed to participate in a room... or something similar

P.S. Steam Game Server is the most often reason for spoiling races atm (imo)

I'm more stunned that they don't have it on current gen consoles. No PS4/XB1 launch? Seriously? 
You already have a thread about this, please don't derail other threads and stay on topic.

On topic: Dirt 2 on 360 played very well online, I had hours and hours of wheel to wheel racing with no lag issues with other players, though it would happen occasionally, for the most part it wasn't an issue. Was 360 using dedicated servers for Dirt 2?

I'm more stunned that they don't have it on current gen consoles. No PS4/XB1 launch? Seriously? 
. Was 360 using dedicated servers for Dirt 2?
The smoothness you were observing on Dirt2 was due to a of a very good implementation of the client side prediction method, for online gaming, though It all was about listening servers as well (p2p).

I don't understand why they use more than 8 players per listen server. Listening servers should not manage more than 6 players imo, and this taking for granted that every one of those connected have their internet properly set, something that happens only 1 time out of 10. Why?, because you all are re****

On the pc, will we have the same problems in Steam where players from different regions can't find each other?  If you're on the west coast of the USA, you cannot find another GRID 2 player at almost any time of the day.  

The only solution was to change your Steam download location to UK which was far from an ideal solution.  I hope Codies can do something with Steam to figure this one out.